AMD Radeon Crimson Edition 15.12 December 17

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by twtaylor, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Alph4Dawg

Alph4Dawg Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC
    Yeah, I'm aware of this issue.I have read about it on forums and all over internet.My card wasn't affected by it (thankfully).
    Thanks for the heads up, though.Seems like I'm going to stick with 15.11.1.

Thanks everyone.

2. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    If you referring to 15.11.1 as Crimson 2nd drivers (15.11 being the first). They fixed idle temperature(from 50C to norman 30C) of Radeon 7870 and x270 in Windows7, in Win10 was fine. So to me at least important fix.

3. Weekend

Weekend Guest

GPU:
    1660 S
    Hi, I have this graphical effect:
    http://i.imgur.com/NAD9gcD.jpg

notice the Squares.
    I have this in hitman absolution, GTA V map marker routs and fallout 4 Compass.

any solutions other then rolling back?

4. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)

5. vancook

vancook Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8 GB
    nobody test this driver with r9 390? work good or is a bad driver like a 15.11.1 hotfix

6. robsonbyte

robsonbyte Member

GPU:
    2X7970 / 3GB
    Crossfire not working here. The screen flickers pink and the framerate is low.

7. Weekend

Weekend Guest

GPU:
    1660 S
    Thank you! It worked and all is well now.
    np! :V

8. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    My settings (Shader Cache) are still not sticking after a restart.

9. b0uncyfr0

b0uncyfr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gaming XXX 1070
    Anyone noticed the right RGB mode (4:4:4)is not selected at startup?

Right now I have to open up Addition settings under Display for the right RGB colour mode to kick in. It didn't do that before. Any way to fix it?

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Are you connecting via HDMI? Same happens for me, defaults to YCbCr.
    No way to change it I think, it's the driver default for HDMI (probably because many HDTVs use YCbCr).

Try connecting with DVI or DP if possible.

11. SimBy

SimBy Guest

GPU:
    R9 290
    What do you mean by at startup? If you're talking about fresh driver install, that's how it always worked. Default HDMI pixel format after fresh driver install is YCbCr.

If you're saying it switches back to YCbCr from RGB after a reboot then yes something is wrong.

12. Warluck

Warluck New Member

GPU:
    MSI AMD R9 390
    Where, in this 15.12 Crimson driver, can you change the Pixel Format... I've been strugglinh for days now to find and fix that issue. For me, the default is not viable and I need to change the Pixel Format to get decent quality on my Samsung TV. It seems to me that this part of the driver has been completely removed. Everything was fine in Catalyst.

13. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5211171&postcount=605

14. foxX

foxX Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6800XT MERC
    @LIGuitar77 - I got a new crash while turning on my TV connected to the receiver - here's the minidump - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5003606/122515-11406-01.dmp

How do you analyze them? windbg then "lm v"?
    Thank you!

I'm returning from the first Crimson thread where I was bitterly saying "just AMD things" and you pointed out some modules based on a minidump of mine, for example from the Samsung SyncMaster monitor control app (thoroughly obsolete by now, whose uninstaller doesn't remove all .sys files) or a driver from WinCDEmu (I updated that) or vmxnet from VMware.

15. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Not sure if this is the right thread, but the previous one was savagely offtopiced and locked (http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=5040390).

Got my Christmas present (XF270HUB) and I'm wondering if there was any progress/news regarding enabling Freesync on older GCNs (HD7950, specifically), using either a driver/reg mod/hack or a future driver "update".

I know it's a "hardware" limitation (DP1.2 instead of 1.2a), but so was VSR...

Moreover, it's supposed to be supported for videos/power saving, so why can't it work on games, too?

If I'm offtopic, I apologize.

Should I start a new thread?

16. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    I think this really is hardware limited though.

VSR is possible in software, so it's understandable how it can be achieved.
    Freesync requires certain data that doesn't exist normally,this data can't be forced to appear out of nowhere.

Might be wrong though.

17. foxX

foxX Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6800XT MERC
    Thanks man, thanks for clarifying with windbg and also for all your work around here.

Right now I tend to blame it on either AMD or VMware driver error. VMware can be due to the fact that before Workstation 12 they really had problems with 2D/3D clocks on Windows 10 hosts.

18. Insomnia

Insomnia Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    Successful 15.6 beta install but BSODs persisting

On a suggestion I got at the notebook review, I attempted installing the 15.6 beta drivers, and true enough the driver installation completed without interruption /freeze/bsod, as suggested to me. But perhaps I was hoping for too much; upon the required restart I was confronted with 4 varying scenarios:
    1. Blank black screen after the initial BIOS load,
    2. BSOD with Kernel security check failure,
    3. BSOD with irql_not_less_or_equal
    4. BSOD with system_service_exception
    So, whereas the 7970M got activated for the first time for me in a week, it was impossible to get back into windows after the restart. :-(

Would really appreciate if someone could look into this...

19. cod6da

cod6da Member

GPU:
    powercolor rx 480 8gb
    Hello!Prompt the best driver for sw battlefront(win10 r9 280x)Thanks in advance.

20. aphocus

aphocus Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD7850 2GB 920MHz
    So they have finally fixed the 2-3 year old, poor quality chroma upsampling on YouTube/HW Overlay.

But they are now treating the video format as full range YUV and not, the correct Broadcast YUV range, and so all my YouTube looks unsaturated, and black levels are incorrect.

AMD do you actually do quality control? Like did no one in QA notice that the black levels were off? Did you not write unit tests for your HW overlay code?

Its this kind of incompetence that makes me consider buying NVidia.