Man Sues Bethesda Over Fallout 4 Addiction

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Foonus

Foonus Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 2070SC
    Real Information

"Sighs ... "
    Is there an actual link to some real information about this, or just the author's opinionated statements in this article?
    No Offense, but I'm sure glad he isn't a Judge in this case as it seems his mind is already made up on this matter, despite clearly stating that legal precedence has already been set in these types of cases.

Its time we start to get out heads out of our asses and stop supporting the misleading idea that these big companies can do no wrong, next our balls our of our pockets and actually DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT instead of either being too legally intimidated or too distracted by gaming and the TV's "Consumer Society".

Win or Loss, I am glad this man decided to stand up to them, regardless of the outcome He has my respect, unlike some of the countless industry fanboy's that seem to lurk on these boards.

2. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    We should sue him for being a retard.

3. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I'm gonna sue the NHS because i'm addicted to heroin.

4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    saw this on my news feed ....
    facepalm..was my only reaction.
    can someone blame always other for their addictions? why yes, of course!
    i think that the guy was already on the verge of losing it all before, this was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

5. jmdixon85

jmdixon85 Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX660 3GB
    I may try to sue you for making a comment so retarded it makes me worry about people as thick as you being allowed to walk the streets rather than being locked in a padded cell or preferably just shot dead. I mean to be so unintelligent to come out with the **** like you have then it's pretty pointless you even breathing.

I will take that back if you have genuine mental health problem but if you believe that's an acceptable way to be thinking then you must have been seriously starved of oxygen in the womb. I hope there aren't many people like you in this world :/

6. JulesCools

JulesCools Guest

GPU:
    Titan Black SLI
    I'm gonna sue God for burning my toast this morning, thanks alot God!

7. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    If I were Bethesda, I would let the man win on purpose just for the publicity. This has to be the greatest compliment for the game, "our game is so good that a crack addict would quit crack just to keep playing!"

8. braudrist

braudrist Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 Suprim
    Typical Russian POS. They've already ruined Dota 2 and Counter-Strike and now this.

9. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Russian Point Of Sale? Keep your racist comments on Fox news comments section. Ty

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

11. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Unfortunately this and other cases similar to this have an off chance over time to make companies simplify their offerings so as to bake in a boredom factor. Some lawyers/barristers just do not care about what their profession is ideally meant to accomplish; any means to a paycheck is all.

12. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Got any examples?

13. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    What I was going to say. Bethesda would be happy with news like this, its great publicity for the game.

14. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    What are you really wanting to know? That it is just an opinion?

15. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Well, it would seem the antithesis of creating something which inherently depends upon its entertainment factor to create value to 'bake in' a boredom factor. This is true whether it is slot machines or video games. Given that, it was a curious (IMO of course) comment.

16. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    If the loser of any lawsuit had to pay all lawyer fees/court cost (both sides) these types of lawsuits would go away.

17. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    I wonder which one is more stupid now days.. guys like him or Justice...(which don't forget she is blind too)

18. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Just trying to think outside the box. If enough of these types of cases are successful, then would it be out of the ordinary to expect pressure to make games that were not addicting? The only outcomes I am able to see at the moment is that all games of a particular genre would become cookie cutters of each other; companies playing it safe. Games would not be made for teens and adults at one extreme end. Lastly, making games that are so repetitive and tedious that it could only be stomached for short periods at a time. Really would not know how to make something boring and appealing at the same time. Thankfully no one is faced with that task.

19. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    just realised the Swedish flag is based on the Vault Suit!!!

20. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

grand theft auto went through most of that theory in the early days...I think some country's even banned it?