Man Sues Bethesda Over Fallout 4 Addiction

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Sighs ... If you lost your "health, job and wife" after a only a three week Fallout 4 bender, you were probably on the verge of losing all those things already....

Man Sues Bethesda Over Fallout 4 Addiction

2. Falcy

Falcy Member

GPU:
    1060 @2.1/4.8
    :heh:

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah... stupid people do exist. I wonder what court actually accepts such applications.

4. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Same one that accepted someone suing mcdonalds for making they kids fat, and won.

5. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    The ones based on vodka and techno music4life.

6. fOrTy_7

fOrTy_7 Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    Some people fall easier into addictions than others. I guess for that man if it wasn't Fallout 4 then it would be something else, maybe booze, maybe some other stuff. One episode doesn't make the case, the game would have to be deliverable produced to be addictive, like most MMO games are. Here he could easily make a 'save' and go to work or do what his wife asked him for, but he choose not to. Good luck with winning such case. And please stop drinking so much NukaCola. :D

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    As in: the courts that actually should be locked away too... they are actually dangerous to the public.

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Pff, FO4 was a drag for me, granted I did clock in over 100 hours by the time I was, but it was more out of curiosity. Can't imagine how nuts one must be to get that "addicted" to it and then sue Bethesda. :giggle2:

9. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I think i'm going to sue Blizzard then, since i'm addicted to their Games.

10. exzeth

exzeth Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080ti
    This some kind of sick joke? If this actually holds up, I have lost all faith in humanity... What kind of non-sense....I mean.... Why wouldn't this just be tossed aside?.... Who has time for this crap?

11. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
    that man is clever. I would totally do the same too.
    sue those stupid big coop and get 10 times the money i paid for their game

12. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Dumbest thing I've read today, possibly all year! Just sounds like he's looking to blame someone for his life being in the toilet right now instead of taking a long hard look at himself! Unfortunately the world is full of people whom just can't seem to assume responsibility for their own actions!

13. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I'm gonna sue playboy magazine for giving my wrist carpal tunnel.

14. vg24a3

vg24a3 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    He's not stupid, he thinks he is clever, trying to squeeze some money for himself. Can't blame him when you see all these ludicrous cases some people win.

15. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    What a world with live in ,, i didn't even like the game and if you can't turn off your PC for work and family life there's something really wrong with u to begin with , i hope the courts send him to rehab or orders him for community service cleaning up dog excrement , im sorry but he's a bellend as we would say in the UK

16. sybnios

sybnios Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB G
    In a healthier society this person should be forced to visit a psychotherapist. Not for his Fallout "addiction" but for his paranoid demand! Laws and the constitution should be re written in every country closing all those "windows" that benefit the corrupt, thieves and crazy people. But as I said.. ideal society..

17. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    That's not Bethesda's problem, or McDonalds, or beer companies, etc...

18. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    A symptom of the times: some people actually grow up believing the falsehood that whatever they do that's wrong it's someone else's fault--and they are just helpless victims with no mind or volition, tossed about in the maelstrom of life. But of course, whenever they do something right that leads to a reward of some kind they have no trouble hogging all of the credit & responsibility...;)

99.9% of such cases never make it to first base and are tossed out--but you only hear of the ones that win--like gambling in Vegas--for the 999,999 people who lose their shirts there, you only hear about the 1 who hits the slot-machine jackpot. Crackpots frequently seem to make the news these days.

19. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    This ^^

Used to be that kids were taught "you can do anything". Now its more like "you deserve everything".

20. nexxusting

nexxusting Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 SC /w EK-FCGTX980
    Pathetic. Like, the definition of it.

Game isn't even that good anyway.