ANY ETA When The Next Nvidia Dev. Driver will be Released?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by LongWayRunner, Dec 12, 2015.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    probably cause it shown in GFE?

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Why? They are essentially the same thing.

4. BNSoul

BNSoul Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 660 Ti OC 3GB
    356.04 are the best drivers Nvidia released in years, it's going to take a major thing for me to move on and install-keep a different set of drivers.

5. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I have the latest win 10 build(11082), the 361.42 doesn't show up here. Maybe later, god knows.

6. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    You must be doing something wrong then, or the card simply isn't boosting clocks like it should on older or non new modern AAA games. It's easy to tell if you look at an OSD and look at the core clocks.

Since AMD does the same thing with dynamic clocks, I doubt they'd be any better.

Only way to fix that is to mod the bios for a fixed clock.

7. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    My 970 used to be nothing but problems. It was a bad overclocker, had low gpu usage issues and it kept downclocking itself for no reason.

So I modded it's bios to remove the clock boost, and to raise the power limit to 150%. Now I have 0 problems with it and I can oc it to 1591/4000mhz, it's perfect now.

This has nothing to do with drivers, it's just hidden powersaving stuff that nvidia used with maxwell.

8. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Correct. Both Nvidia and AMD are horrible until you remove that sh!t with bios mods

9. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    Interested in doing this to my two cards, but don't have a clue what I'm doing!

Is there a guide to read up on somewhere or?

*doesn't wanna break things*

10. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    Have a look here:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1558645/official-nvidia-gtx-980-ti-owners-club

I've done it for my x3 780ti's the day I got them, never looked back. I cannot stress how careful you need to be in making sure the right VBIOS gets picked though.

11. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Yea that's a good place to start. But I HIGHLY ADVISE you show someone the bios you're about to flash for your first time so they can check it over and fix anything. Recovering from a bad flash is easy, but I don't want you to get discouraged and quit after your first try if it doesn't work. :)

If you'd like, PM me on OCN. I know all there is to know about Kepler bios modding, almost everything about Maxwell, and enough to get the basics taken care of with most AMD cards.

About 359.12 - is anyone else experiencing black flashes when they die, directX errors, and audio stuttering during load in Battlefront? I'm back on 359.00 which has fixed those issues, but I still continue to get "Battlefront Has Stopped working" with a disproportionate amount at the end or beginning of matches before they start. I've tried everything in the galaxy to fix it.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  12. January 9 367.xx dev version. Probably be better in some games (due to the branch) or just as good as 356.04. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2015
  13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    We're already on R361.

14. Sorry, typo.

Fixed.

15. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Wait, 367.xx?? where are you getting that?

16. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    He is obviously trolling...

17. Demrock

Demrock Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Boost 7950x2
    I have this low gpu usage in some games for quite some time now and i cannot get it fixed unless i upscale DSR from 1080p to 1440p, the problem is that my 970 cant keep 60fps and so its either micro stuttering on 1080p with gpu usage drops or playing 1440p with fps dips....

Latest mmo i play Black Desert Online is also having this issue.
    Still have a 7950 in a box and i am seriously thinking of putting it back just for those few games i want to play lol :p

Hope Nvidia fix this or its going to be a new 400 series in my case this year.