Battlefield 4 - Part 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Nov 28, 2014.

1. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I really enjoyed new map, its massive! You could easily fit 128 there :D I hope we will see mashtuur city or Road to Jalalabad!

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Sharqi would fit BF4 pretty well too. But yeah 128 people would be decent, maybe in BF5...

3. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Unless they get in some decent mappers I disagree.

Many issues revolving balance can be fixed with:

• Lower player count
    • or... better mapdesign

Per example, if we were to balance Golmud vehicles vs Inf, vehicles would become underpowered on Zavod. This partially changes if you lower the player count on Zavod.

Infantry needs cover to work with and half the map pool seriously lacks it.

If you want 128p to be balanced, it's a pretty daunting task to ask from the mapdesigners imo.

"More" is not always better.

4. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Vehicles are useless on Zavod, they go kaboom within minutes if people bother taking them out. I dont see any problem with Golmud either, you either stick to vehicle or work around A, B and C. However vehicles need to be more vulnerable to rockets, its no fun when you need to take 4-5 shots before it blows up.

But yea 128 wont work for all maps, it might be a bit too much

5. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Valid point, haven't thought about it that way. I more meant to say, it would be time to improve the engine and netcode up to the point where it would be technically possible to run 128 player servers decently, including netcode, hit detection. If they could manage it with better map design, I think it'd be fine for me also.

6. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    It's one of the reasons I barely venture outside lockers compared to BF3's Metro. Half the map pool actually isn't enjoyable, nor rewards a skillful individual or squad of inf on some maps.

In BF3 I actually spent countless hours playing Rush on a ton of maps.

7. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    I miss this :/

IMO they need to trim the fat on game modes.
    Rush and conquest is all you need lets remember BF2 only had conquest but guess what pretty much all the maps were epic (even karkand...)

You can see which maps were made for which mode and then mangled to try fit other modes.

Hell id be happy if they made 6 rush maps and 6 conquest maps and then just added equal amounts in dlc no more pointless gamemodes that get played for 2 days max on dlc release then never again focus on the core game modes that everyone loves the battlefield franchise for.

8. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I agree with you. Well I can't say how it's with single skillful individuals :)P), I know that we play as a squad almost every day, but it's not helping as much as I always thought, out of a couple of reasons.

I liked rush mode in BF3, hardly played it in BF4. Rush maps are so bloody unbalanced in this game it's a shame. (Or they have been at the start, didn't bother with it after finding myself vehicle raped every time I played defender.)

9. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I only play conquest. There are few maps i dislike, but Zavod an floods are probably most favourite. Locker is good and easy to get many point and raise your "skill", but its been shotgun fest recently so im not that keen on it anymore.

10. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Chain Link isn't bad either. It's basically a faster Team Deathmatch.

And Pearl Market is IMO the best CQ map DICE has ever released. All of the 2nd Assault maps are outstanding in fact, Propaganda being among the best (reminds me of Belgrade in 2142).

Of course, I absolutely LOVE the Final Stand maps as well. Snow maps have always been my favs in BF games.

11. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Dragon Valley 2015 out today

12. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    Fu She pass needs to be done too.

13. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Why not include a test environment into the common game? i don't understand what you're saying. It was a test area to figure out what fixes caused problems, what changes were bad or good or needed tweaking, etc. etc. etc., why would you WANT that environment in the common game? With so many people complaining games are released in a "beta" state, i don't understand how you can ask this question?

14. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Ha, well then they should have done a longer beta, or open some CTE to veteran BF players BEFORE BF4 launch. Not afterwards. And did they ever not carry on their patches to the final game eventually? I'm not sure, but it feels like whatever they did, it just took them two to three months, and eventually the changes make it into the main client.

Unless they don't do stuff they introduce in the CTE (as in taking something out again, not tweaking simple numbers), they could have just patched it into the main game, no win for anybody to go for a second client, splitting the user base, and eventually just doing what they could have done in the first place.

15. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I personally think the capping ratio on chain link is to fast. This leads to the problem that acquiring a link or objective being of little real value in the long run.

16. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Stumbled upon some BF4 hacker vids on youtube and watched as a guy went 822-15 in Locker. Just spinning around shooting through walls and sh*t. The mindset of these hackers is a curiosity. The whole time people are trashing him and several vote kicks were initiated but not one peep from him. I checked out his Battlelog and he is only a level 33. In the vid he went from around level 10 to 22 in one round.

I've seen some questionable/infuriating players but this, this is pure comedy.

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    True. I got bored of chain link quickly, as it seems quite some other people too, since you can't play it anymore (can't find servers).

Shows how good cheat protection works. I've seen a guy (on my team, thank god), be kicked, banned, votekicked by both pb and fairgame in the same round, and logged in with the same nick and loadout and cheats again, once more raping through the enemy team. I quit the server because he was obviously cheating, and shooting away all my victims :D

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  19. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Though after watching some cheat vids I find myself questioning other players more.

20. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    True, at times they stand around like dear in the headlights. As if they were shocked or something...