AMD Radeon Software Crimson Hotix November 30

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by rflair, Dec 1, 2015.

1. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I know it's not possible to define more than one game profile for the same exe in different locations cause they are set by exe name not by full path but what you say it's new for me.

Another "improvement" i was unaware.

Is this happening in all predifined profiles?

2. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Just rename the .exe and define a new profile for the renamed .exe For the predefined ones I have no ideas.

3. vancook

vancook Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8 GB
    when release the next fix?? next month maybe?

4. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I'm mainly talking about CF profiles.
    In the past man could force another predefined CF profile to replace a standard CF-profile.

Game exe renaming is not always possible.

5. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Yep it could work in some cases in other ones the rename it's not possible,.

Another workaround needed to solve drivers problems.

6. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Yes that's it.

I wrote my last post while you posted. :D

7. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    This seems to still work for me on my two 7970Ms. I just click the game profile in Crimson, then under AMD CrossFire Mode I select Use AMD pre-defined profile and select one of the many predefined Crossfire profiles. Or did I misunderstand what you were getting at?

8. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    The worst thing is, the few who gave problems with renaming are the only ones I need to rename :D

Hopefully AMD come with a fix before X-mas, because besides these issues these drivers shows potential (smooth, fast loading, SW BF fix etc.)

@Cave Waverider, yes but the profile won't really get accepted/replaced. I have tested it with Skyrim and Fallout3/NV setting Fear and Single GPU, but nothing changed. It could be I messed up my install, but more people complained about it.

One side note, games who don't have a standard CF-profile already do work tough, UT2015, UE4games for example work in CF when forcing AFR-Friendly.

Edit, getting nuts here, I added the profiel again by adding the same path and Fear profile and it now works :eek2::3eyes:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  9. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    A re-fix is needed for Crimson, maybe with a fancy button to enable "performance mode" who can disable unwanted power saving fest.

Christmas gift.

I think AMD consider his GPU drivers as a gift for his GPU customers and/or a PR stunt showcase with fancy graphics and social connectors.

GPU drivers should be considered as a service for GPU customers owners because this hardware is normally used to play games and games performance should be consider the first priority.

Unnavoidable power saving features and fancy GUI are not mandatory and should not be considered the first priority and mandatory locked at all times.

Nvidia with less powerful hardware win the GPU battle giving his customers more performance from their GPUs with a special effort in drivers support and spending money directly with game devs "support" using effective tricks like GameBrokes.

10. vancook

vancook Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8 GB
    I am use 15.11.1 old catalyst work good with fo4 and gta v.. the crimson driver is a very bad driver... i am waiting a good fix..

11. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    As far as the Crimson driver being bad, I'm quickly warming up to that thought. I was on 15.7 before swapping out GPU's (280 to 290 - used DDU in safe mode) and "upgrading" to Crimson. So far I've noticed much more trouble with setting fan speeds, lots more graphical glitches, and around an average of doubled loading times in all the games I spend time on.

For example, Witcher 3, GTAV, Fallout 4 all have more graphical "anomalies" than before. Stuff like flickering textures and rainbow patterns alongside random corruption. Also, the kicker for me right now is the whole Crimson cache thing. I can't for the life of me find detailed info about it and every game I *think* supports it (the 3 mentioned above) all suffer from doubled loading times!

EDIT - all 3 games are on my Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD

F4 - any fast travel averaged 6-8 seconds
    W3 - " 8-10 seconds
    GTAV - initial game load into SP 25 seconds

Crimson
    F4 - any fast travel averages 14-18 seconds
    W3 - " 20-22 seconds
    GTAV - initial game load into SP 60+ seconds

I'm this close to using DDU and returning to 15.7. Anybody have any ideas or solutions?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  12. Bugzzz

Bugzzz Guest

GPU:
    w/e
    Some games already have a shading cache in some form coded in the game itself.

I'm just guessing but, perhaps having the driver forced to do it as well, is likely the reason why it's approximately doubling your loading times. Since it's re-doing work steps already done by the game code itself.

13. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The higher loading times sure sound weird. I had the exact opposite experience. Apart from Overdrive (which I never enable anyway) and the GTA V/Fallout 4 compass/map glitches, it has actually been a very good release for me. The Shader Cache is one of the reasons for that.

14. PhallOiD

PhallOiD Guest

GPU:
    SapphR9-380 Nitro dxOC 4G
    Since I bought my graphic card AMD Sapphire r9 380, i couldn't play any dx11 game yet. Driver crashes after 10 minutes of gameplay. I tested all the drivers so far.

15. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Have you tried upping the power limit in OverDrive or AB?

16. cyclone3d

cyclone3d Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS R9 390
    Sounds to me like either your power supply can't handle it or your r9 380 is faulty/overheating.

17. PhallOiD

PhallOiD Guest

GPU:
    SapphR9-380 Nitro dxOC 4G
    I updated my infos, seems like my power supply is good enough. I will try to move up my power limit in overdrive, should I try 20% or less ? Is it safe ? The games I tried are FF14 and Wildstar, both make my driver crash and reboot on dx11. Both work very well on dx9.

18. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    It's barley enough.

19. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    All my changed CF profiles now working again, no idea what went wrong...

20. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yeah, thats a little low.