Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jul 2, 2015.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yea that's what I thought he said :)

Plus doesn't really matter and kinda off topic anyway... so I'm shutting up now.

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    some nice DLC news coming next week

3. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Nice. Finally some real DarkKnight suit. I mean the Origins one comes really close but still not perfect. :)

Played the Harley Q. 'story' yesterday on normal in what felt about 30mins? So 2 challenge maps and a few rooms to clear are a story now? Wow.

Why do they delay all the DLC stuff for later btw? Anyone ever thought about that?
    Why don't we get all the DLC at once rather than months later when most ppl already played the game and went one to other games?
    Why do they think we want to play through the whole story several times with different costumes? I dont get it.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @ DocStrangelove - I read that the idea of spreading DLC out of months is to encourage people to hang on to the games rather than trade them in. Obviously, this doesn't really affect us PC gamers due to the predominantly digital nature of the platform and the fact that any physical copies have little or no value anyway even if you could trade them in due to the use of serial keys and accounts.

Also, by spreading out the DLC you are helping to raise interest in a game for far longer than one that is released without any forthcoming DLC. Personally, I like the idea of DLC but find the majority of it to be poor value and overpriced. Stuff like expansions for RPGs tend to be the best, such as The Witcher 3's Heart of Stone for example, and the ones I buy. I typically avoid rip-off DLC like costume packs and so forth which add little to the game except for new skins. Far Eastern publishers like Konami, Namco, Capcom and Koei-Tecmo are especially greedy in that regard IMO with DLC packs that if all bought cost 5 to 10 times the cost of the game itself yet add very little in the way of genuinely new content.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    So, from what I've read... I'm taking is this "Most Wanted" DLC is an actual story based expansion... and not the same, tired, ten to twenty minute long Episode crap we've been getting?

7. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Apparently so, probably done in the same way of the side quests in the main story. Looking forward to some Mr Freeze again.

Developer Rocksteady says each mission in the Most Wanted expansion is roughly the same length as the Most Wanted missions in the game.

They add:

Mad Hatter is playing a sinister mind-game with Batman, and GCPD’s finest are the pawns. Killer Croc has escaped from his maximum security cell and is wreaking havoc on a crashed airship. The League of Assassins has returned to Gotham City, but what is their motive and who is in charge? And Mister Freeze may be closer than ever to completing his life’s work… but at what cost?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, may have to look into those.
    I've ignored the DLC because of it's insultingly short length on the Episodes. So, hopefully this will provide actual value.

9. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Thanks WB for the awesome Arkham Apology Gift!
    Origins Blackgate was the only game I didn't have already. Noticed it in My Games list just last weekend.

Any of you able to play Blackgate on Windows 10?
    Game freezes at loading logo right after the intro. After pressing space, just a black screen and game sounds. And no way to return to desktop. Had to reboot my PC remotely.

Thanks again WB, for gifting a totally unplayable game as an apology for selling an almost unplayable game :bang: :D

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  10. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    played Blackgate on windows 10 , runs smooth but it's like a 2.5d side scroller , nothing important or interesting in it really

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    So is the disaster port release finally fixed?

12. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Still not able to play it, even on default settings. Windows compatibility options didn't help either :(
    But... I need.. to be... Batman :bat:

Well, I guess I'll just have to wait a week+ for the next Most Wanted DLC.
    Expecting it will be fun playing. I hope it's littered with special achievements like the one in Batgirl's DLC.

13. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Do you mean Origins Blackgate or Arkham Knight?
    Both, nope :D

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Bah got it on my steam wishlist so wait for a sale or just wait for goty edition later.

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    No...

16. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    I upgraded my memory recently, main reason was for audio work, I use protools a lot and more memory makes a difference but I figured it couldn't hurt for games as well and considering WB recommended 12GB for Arkham Knight in W10 I figured I might as well drop another 8GB in my system for 16GB, honestly tho the game is still subpar, batmobile still stutters in areas, china town has frame rate issues and there's still quite a bit of texture load when gliding around,

I have more or less finished the game at this point so I'm not that bothered, all I have left is to collect the 200 or so riddler trophies to get the complete ending but I doubt I'll bother as I just watched it on youtube, still was a nice surprise to get all the previous batman games for free on steam especially considering I bought Arkham Knight through a CDKey site.

17. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Reducing detail distance and shadow quality gives you better performance, thats really everything you can do. The game is broken at its core when it comes to fps > 30.

18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Well when you hire out the game port to a company that had never made a pc game period....

Sucks rs games were all solid ports figured they might properly fix the game after it got yanked off steam, not buying a ps4 just for akk.

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The game is glitched when using the FPS setting of 60.
    But using the FPS setting of 90 works without issue.

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Another update is out. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/128715036853504337