ANY ETA When The Next Nvidia Dev. Driver will be Released?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by LongWayRunner, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Its been ages since the last one :wanker:

2. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

You will probably get one before Christmas. If not, probably not until January sometime. I wouldn't expect a release too close to Christmas in case they have to put out a hotfix. I also wouldn't expect a release between Christmas and new year.

This is likely for most companies, although that said it also depends on which part of the world the company belongs, where the driver team is located, and if the driver team of a western country is in a non-Christian country whether holidays are still implied for this period.

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Since NV releases only game ready drivers you can estimate ETA by searching for upcoming game releases...

4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, this pathetic practice which implies that the only time that Nvidia's 'perfect' drivers need to be updated is when a new AAA game is released.

This despite the fact that their latest 'game ready' release totally broke SWBF SLI and still has not been addressed, added a 'single GPU' SLI profile for JC3 (can you say disingenuous) and, from what I've read, introduced stuttering in several other games.

This thread is full of complaints:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...-driver-feedback-thread-12-01-15-/?offset=184

'Game Ready' and 'TWIMTBP' are synonymous with GFY it seems.

5. SturmButcher

SturmButcher Guest

GPU:
    Zotac AMP GTX 1070
    Completely agreed with you, Nvidia drivers are far from good, they only care the AAA games to look good against the competition in benchmarks but they ignore the support of other small developers.

I hate the low GPU usage I have been getting now, next time I will buy an R94xx series, done with Nvidia.

6. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    I've had ZERO problems with the latest Nvidia drivers. They've actually increased FPS is most games I play and eliminated stuttering. I've always said YMMV for each and every system.

7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I wish I could say the same (and up until this year, I usually could) but the SLI support (yeah, I know we are in the minority) has been terrible this year and shows little sign of improvement.

I suspect SLI is on it's way out with fewer and fewer developers supporting it at release (and in some cases, at all).

That's fine, just give us a supercharged single GPU and we're all good :D

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  8. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    You say give us a super charged single GPU and we're good but even if they did that I bet you there'll be people who want to SLI them for even more performance, SLI is far from dead but it's support has been lacklustre this year but considering the amount of broken games released I'm not surprised, I reckon once they roll out all the DX12 games next year with Cross-SLI Support we should start to see some improvements.

9. emusa

emusa Guest

GPU:
    Asus 780 (1140/6600 OC)
    What do you hope it'll do..? Do you run into any serious issues that they need to fix?

A performanceboost would be nice, but other than that.. Already very satisfied with the drivers and my performance overall.

10. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    next month Q1 on the CES 2016

11. good question, want to know it myself :D the dev drivers are best and i'm eager to get a new updated one because so far i'm still using the 356.04 which is starting to get old

12. helder

helder Guest

GPU:
    970 OC, 780 Ghz, 290X Tri
    Now that Nvidia is locking the game-ready drivers behind GFE, they may start clamping down on dev driver releases as well. I hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised.

13. Helidoc

Helidoc Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti SC+ 6GB
    I'm getting a dxgmms2.sys BSOD since the last Win 10 TH2 update and any of the 359 drivers had to roll back to the 358.50 driver set (cleaning the system with DDU) Just to get any of the games I play to run without the BSOD. ie. WOW, SWTOR, D3, SC2. Running both cards in SLI and it wasn't until TH2 with these latest drivers that I started getting the BSODs .. heh haven't seen a BSOD on this system before so I was like WTF... anyway the 358.50' seem to be running stable at least here until MS and NVidia can play nice again :/

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    They don't release dev drivers much, usually only when there is a new openGL extension or new major driver branch with lots of changes, especially new cuda.dll code..

Imo r355 to r358 jump is not significant enough.

15. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    They've released more dev/hotfix drivers than game ready WHQL ones in 2015.

16. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    I hope they will fix Sli battlefront which worked 359.00 and was broken in 359.06

17. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I don't know about a dev driver -- but I would like them to fix Experience and depreciate the legacy control panel. Both Experience and the Nvidia Legacy CP are slow as all hell compared to AMD's Crimson software. I also feel like they should just be combined into one thing and modularized for people who don't want the additional functionality.

But yeah, I'm tried of trying to open up either one and waiting for 10+ seconds on a Samsung 840 to do anything, then waiting again when I change a single option.

18. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    [​IMG]

:p

I also want some sort of optimization for the NVCP. Sometimes it takes 5-10 seconds to change one option or change which tab I am in. These types of waits are something that would have pissed me off on a 5400RPM drive on Windows XP. Really disappointing in 2015 on an SSD.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  19. Fixed

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2015