Rainbow Six Siege Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by (.)(.), Dec 5, 2014.

1. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Agreed. Siege could have been so much more.

I hope they are just testing the water with this title in order to see whether ppl are still interested in the series and then come out with SP story stuff in the next release? One can only hope, but would be reasonable from a greedy publisher's standpoint.

2. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    With the success the past titles enjoyed?

Unless their sales analysts are all idiots or their own past records were lost in a fire, they damn well better know that there is a market for the series, specifically on the PC, but on consoles as well.

3. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    I am not arguing with you, but I think for some reason, they would only be interested in a title that has the potential to have some crazy success. Seems like they are trying to hook into some kind of competitive e-sport thing with the sales those succesful games have (i.e LoL, CS, Dota, CoD, etc..). I don't think they believe a single player tactical game is going to ever have that kind of appeal. That's just me speculating though. I am sure a single player rainbow 6 would make money, but I am also pretty sure it would never have the "potential" to make that kind of money. there has to be a reason they quit making actual tactical single player games back in 2003, if they made that much money they would still be milking that cow (this is ubisoft we are talking about).

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I play it on LAN with a group of friends (and solo), I'm pretty sure you can still play online though (haven't tried recently).

5. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    Its still not worth the asking price, not even if you buy it from CDkeys and mosdef not in UK. You keep saying that it has all the free maps and operators to come blah blah, they are not here on day one though are they ?

You are paying the cash for whatever is presented to you at the point of sale. The rest is the same old PRE-ORDER BS that has stung me multiple times this year, I have decided to never pre-order anything again, its totally upto UBI to then keep their promise or not, you already parted with the cash, you are being taken for a spin and that is just plain dumb.

I mean the old fool me once saying has to make sense here? The game is a B-grade title no more no less (at this point in time), if UBI wanted the e-sports community interested this would have been free-to-play/freemium or a sub 20£ title.

6. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    You can both type and talk with the in-game systems before and after death. The only issue is if someone doesn't have a mic (rare) or they can't use it for some reason (more common).

7. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    [​IMG]

One of my fav maps...

Fair point.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  8. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Regardless, Siege is a commercial success so people poo-pooing all over it because it's not Ravenshield are a minority and in the end, irrelevant.

I'm enjoying it, and the maps are big enough it will take awhile to learn them anyway.

9. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    ^ pretty much true. This is like chaos theory -> blacklist as I said earlier. You can either take it, or leave it. People don't realize how much worse this game could have been.

Although coming from battlefield I would enjoy more players and larger maps, especially maps with more vertical (3+ floor buildings). Given all the future content is free, I hope we see something of the sorts.

I can understand people hating the game for its 60$ price tag, which they should.

10. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC

11. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    We had another failed terrorist hunt on realistic yesterday. This is serious business. I think there's a 50% chance that a flashbang wont work, we couldnt even get through a door most of the time due to intense resistance. xD

12. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    New ultra textures and higher tickrate + hitreg fixes all sounds good. In fact its a pretty huge patch so close after release I imagine they have been working on this since beta.

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Update isn't live yet is it?

My game isn't updating, and i can't find Ultra HD Textures in DLC.

EDIT: Nvm, got it.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  14. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    6pm GMT :3

15. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Really hoping this improves the visuals a little as I feel like I'm playing a game from 2008 and the fps isn't the best either.

16. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    [​IMG]

17. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Yep it does look and run better now :)

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Patch out yet?

EDIT: Ah it downloads now after hitting Play.

19. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    lol brogan i laughed at my screen like an idiot, thanks

patch fixes a lot of stuff. that infuriating hitreg from player positioning "lag" that caused you to get shot behind cover, hitreg on guys rappelling, hitboxes on shields rappelling...theyre even currently raising tickrates - experimenting with their server hardware to see if they can handle ~100tic

oh and tk griefers get autokicked, ranked matchmaking got tweaked, drones dont fall through the map anymore, & i almost forgot - no more neon orange blood. rip orange blood :*(

the devs are listening to the community & are on top of the major bugs. my confidence in them is greatly bolstered by this quick patch & the texture pack (although i cant run it thx to my vram boohoo)

20. sephking

sephking Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    Anyone else started having an issue with uplay where the game takes 20 minutes to start after you click play?

Had a big windows update this morning and now this keeps happening. Tried restarting the PC but hasn't helped. Steam and origin work fine.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015