RadeonMod (Tweak Utility)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by theoneofgod, Oct 23, 2015.

1. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Use the Profiles feature.

2. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    You need at least 1 FQS per GPU for crossfire to even work. So you should set 2 if you want to utilize your second card.

3. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Ofc if there is no frame from a GPU in CFX there is no CFX.

1 on each GPUs or 2 on each?

The question is:

Are the settings in sync when CFX is used?

Are GPU0 settings applied to all GPUs in CFX or we need to apply the same settings to each GPUs?

An option (button/menu option?) to sync all settings to all CFX GPUs could be great.

4. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Well from prior experience, the minimum FQS value was the number of GPUs you wanted to use and only needed to be set on the primary gpu. When I tested FQS 2 years ago, in COD4:Modern Warfare, FQS 1 resulted in the same framerate as crossfire disabled, 2 resulted in 2 GPU crossfire and 3-5 resulted in the exact same framerate and performance as if FQS was never manually added to the registry and I got max scaling on all 3 cards.

edit: Just tested this in Black Ops III. Changing it made zero difference. I changed it in RadeonMod and in the Black Ops III config. Maybe FQS is ignored now when crossfire is enabled.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015

5. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    It could be that in this game his specific FQS setting override global default settings or RadeonMod one, maybe with games who has not this option we can select a custom value.

We don't need another CFX specific problem.

:(

6. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    Sorry if I have this wrong. Do you need 1 FQS for each card? Or do you need a FQS of 2 (1 frame per card for both cards)?

Just for reference, Tomb Raider sets the game to FQS 1 when CFX is detected to "reduce mouse lag" according to the launch config. Scaling is present on both cards.

7. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Back in the day you only had to add the FlipQueueSize registry value to the primary adapter.

8. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    For the younger audience and me ( im not so "young" :D ) can we come back to the present?

So the "definitive" response is GPU0 rules them all in relation to FQS and RadenMod...today?

????

9. inouext

inouext Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Hello.
    Got a APU AMD A4-3305M With 6480G/6700M.
    My default values are totally different from what Radeon Mod offered me.
    But anyway i clicked on restore defaults button for both cards and almost all options values changed.
    This is my result: Got a massive fps boost on games like CS-GO, Diablo 3, Wow, and Aion.
    The side effect is that my temp's got 15º degrees higher, from 65º to 80º on full load.

Should i leave this way ? or better reinstall the drivers ?
    Thanks.

10. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    I've found some strange issues with RadeonMod 1.0.8. + Crimson 15.11.1. + CFX (2).
    1) Enabling shader cache in the tool didn't compile shaders for AC Syndicate.
    2) Enabling shader cache in Crimson "DID" compile shaders for AC Syndicate.
    3) Setting FQS and FQS Main for 1 and/or both cards did not actually change the FQS at all.

Also note, disabling ULPS only works if you set ULPS to 0 on both cards! So maybe GPU0 does not take priority with the settings....or certain settings.

11. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Well i guess RadeonMod should detect if CFX is enabled when more than one GPU are present and if it's the case hide all GPUs settings less GPU0 and apply his same settings to all, auto-sync settings in CFX case.

12. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    This sounds like a good idea, but it is hard to know which settings have to be the same and which don't. How have you been changing your FQS? I've tried this tool and the FQS won't change. I'm also interesting in what the previous user said before, when he/she implied a reg key has to be added like the "old days".

13. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    IDK, what i know is we must test RadeonMod FQS changes in games who have not in game FQS setting.

Right now i'm with my phone so i can't test very much. :)

I'm also interested in his "old days' experience, maybe Crimson add more thinhs appart naming reg and cosmetic changes.

TOOG need CFX users help (on-line testing) to develop/solve specific CFX aspects cause he retired his CFX.

14. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I could possibly add a sync feature that will apply the values for each Radeon GPU detected. Since I don't have CFX anymore, I can't know for sure which values need to be set for all GPU's.

Are you setting it to 0x3200? It should be working for AC:S, it does here.

FQS is becoming a bit of an enigma.

As above, I'll look into adding a feature to synchronize values to multiple GPU's.

15. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Updated to 1.0.9

Code:
    - 1.0.9 [10/12/2015] -

Added "Sync" so changes effect all detected Radeon GPU's.
    Added 21:9, 16:10 and 16:9 resolutions to Custom Resolution 1/2/3 drop down menu.

Fixed issue with DXVA -> Default Value.

Removed maximum value limit (previously was 30 characters).

16. BradleyW

BradleyW Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    Hello,
    Yes, I'm settings "Shader Cache" to 0x3200. It worked for other games, but not AC Syndicate for some reason. I had to enable shader cache via the gaming profile in Crimson for it to work. This issue started ever since clicking "restore default" in RadeonMod. I think the restore default option is adding and/or changing the values from the actual driver default, and it's causing problems. As for FQS, I just don't think it can be changed.

Anyway, shader cache does nothing for Syndicate because the game has it's own cache. That's why you only see one 32mb cache file for that game instead of a huge list of shader files.

17. rodrigoxm49

rodrigoxm49 Active Member

GPU:
    r9 380 4GB
    Is it possible to lock clocks and voltage?

18. CCoR-

CCoR- Active Member

GPU:
    AMD ASUS Strix RX580 8GB
    This is a good idea to implement.

19. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I don't think it worth the effort to reinvent the wheel.

AB does it well, a different story could be per game profile which it's even more effort.

IMHO it's better to add a lot of basic things first.

20. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    The default values seemed to be the same for my reset. RadeonMod just seems to truncate a bunch of 0s at the end of every key.

This is the old method for FQS. Just adding a registry Binary key called FlipQueueSize and with a value of 31 00 for 1 FQS, 32 00 for 2 FQS, and so on.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1563369/change-flip-queue-size-withouth-radeon-pro

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015