Rainbow Six Siege Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by (.)(.), Dec 5, 2014.

1. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Rainbow6.ubi.com - Tactical Board - in the menu on the left of your screen.

2. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Stop complaining about $50 for MP only. They are the only developer I've ever heard of that is releasing all maps / classes for free instead of payable DLC.

Your 50$ secures you all the DLC content, so there is literally nothing to bitch about. If it was $50 and another $50 for the DLC, that's a different story.

3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    How are you guys saying all DLC is free? then why is there a season pass for it?

4. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3

5. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    %100 agree. Some of my fondest memories with gaming are with Raven Shield. Siege seems like a very expensive demo or a game only 1/3 of the way finished, lacking much of the depth of the first few RS6 games.

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
  7. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    All new Operators and Maps are FREE to all who bought the original game. The Season Pass lets you use them a week earlier (no big deal imo). You also get some boosters, but it's not hard to level up fast without them and the only pricy stuff is skins (which are pointless bling imo, but thumbs up if you like em). This is DLC done right.

I've liked all the R6 games from the first one onward. The Co-Op and Multiplayer parts are greatly expanded and better then ever. The Situations don't make up for a Solo Campaign, but they last almost as long and are fun. For me I would play a Campaign once and then do hundreds of Terrorist Hunts with friends/family in the previous games - Siege offers more then ever of what I personally always enjoyed the most.

8. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X

You cant say that because that means apparently you know nothing of the original games...at least that what some people here think. Apparently it is impossible to have played the original Rainbow 6 games and still like this one, and downright blaspheme to think it is worth $60.

That said, I agree with you, and that was the point I was trying to make earlier when people complained about no campaign.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  9. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I don't care what anyone else thinks, I'm having an absolute blast in this and am an old school R6 gamer. I paid 40 bucks on GMG and find it completely worth it.. and given the fact that future maps and operators are also free, I'd feel ok with even spending $60.

10. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    IF you guys want to add me on Uplay for some R6 action, my handle is: Elder_3

*warning, I'm mediocre at Multiplayer but I do my best to play as a team. Brains > twitch reflex (in ranked at least).

11. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    It's $60.

And you're defending Ubisoft.

12. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    As another old R6 veteran i'd love to buy a modern R6 with SP story & coop & MP & 66+ maps with a map editor and everything - for 60 bucks.

But we cant have that. We're given just a coop & MP with a few maps and everyone has to vote with his wallet.

So i bought a key and paid less. Still enjoying the game though as it's really well done. Whether it's worth 60 bucks for you or not is simply up to you.

13. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    You make it sound like releasing full-games for a fixed price is a new thing. I'm willing to bet there will be further paid dlc. You're not immune to being milked just cause they tell you you'll have everything.

14. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Sounds good man. I went ahead and added you. Being "good" doesn't matter as much as being fun to play with. As of right now I unfortunately can't use my mic, as the game absolutely refuses to let it work inside the game or even on TS/ventrilo, but I'm hoping that gets fixed soon.

EDIT: My uplay handle is Koltxlvii

15. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I still play RavenShield and SWAT 4 on an almost daily basis and I like Siege.

Siege is nothing like SWAT 4 or RavenShield, but it is fun, and whether it is worth the money or not is really down to how much enjoyment you get out of it and I've already had at least $60.00 worth.

If you don't go into it thinking it is going to be RavenShield, I doubt you'll be disappointed (unless you were after an SP Campaign).

16. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    No I paid $50 with my code from GMG.

I'm not defending Ubisoft, I'm defending a sales proposition that actually isn't bad from stupid arguments made by people who are filled with emotion, not logic. If you think it's a waste don't buy it, I just don't get the rage when Battlefront is the same thing, and they are charging like $120 for their game + DLC... If anything we should applaud a more sensible season pass which is just cosmetic skins.

It's almost like people aren't even allowed to like a Ubisoft title without someone foaming at the mouth about how we're being milked and just a dumb customer. Do you work for EA or something?

17. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Where do you play RVS? Weren't the servers shut down long ago?

Who cares about Battlefront? I couldn't care less about the Siege DLC situation. Maybe I might, if I had any inclination of paying $60 for a mp only single mode demo disguised as a AAA title. I don't, you do. Which is fine. But I've already explained why I and others are disappointed in Ubisoft for WASTING a chance for what could have been with the Rainbow Six franchise in 2015. I personally can't wait until they are no longer holding the rights for it.

I'm not saying Siege is crap. I'm saying Ubi is crap because they did as little as possible to make a profit here, and it's pathetic, particularly when they used a beloved franchise (one of many they possess) to do it. It's a waste of resources. That's the sales prop you are defending. Don't like my opinion of it, too bad.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    At the end of the day, it's their game and they can do whatever they want with it, if you don't like it then move onto something else.

I see no point in wasting your own or anyone else's time arguing over personal opinion.

19. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    It's really not that light on content with 11 MP maps and more to come for free.

As far as MP PVP goes: It is missing survival mode which was kind of dumb in a shooter series like R6 anyway and Team survival mode has been replaced with secure area (which adds some focus to TDM). Other than that it has the standard defuse a bomb, and hostage modes. It also has more modes coming for free.

As far as MP PVE goes: it has 4 modes and 3 difficulties. I think people who don't own the game or only played the beta believe there was only one wave based mode of TH, that is not the case. There is Bomb, Hostage, Classic, and protect asset (the wave based mode).

SP has all the MP PVE modes with 3 difficulties, and 11 situations with 3 difficulties and 3 challenges. No story to link them though.....because we all know R6 games are well known for their riveting stories.

Compare that to Raven Shield as it shipped, and it isn't that light as some people make it sound. Add in the new micro destruction which has dynamically changed the way a MP game plays out, and it's actually pretty solid. We are never going to be able to make custom maps, never have SP content with planning, yes that sucks, but that aside it's not as bad a deal as rose colored visions of the past have us believe.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I assume there's no death chat? in-game + voip.

I'm usually against a premade group, how does their match finder work exactly?
    Wish only premade groups would go against other premade groups, but that's not going to happen, as i assume it would be harder to find a match.

It's just so hard to win against them, they usually have TS etc so they can even communicate after death.

Still need alot of practice in this game, i actually did much better in the beta/alpha.