Just Cause 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 15, 2014.

1. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Why is your card running at 470mhz on the core?! no wonder your FPS is so low.

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Well, I was considering buying this, but after reading some posts, maybe not yet

700MHz vRAM too

3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    It looks like all his clock speeds are running only at 50% speed, i also have this issue with overclocking with Afterburner, after a while it halves my speeds or even lower.

After i lowered my OC to +100 on the core, i haven't seen it drop anymore to 540mhz.

(I'm def going to flash this card so boost 2.0 is disabled, i heard this helps with high overclock and is more stable)

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Have you made sure the power limit and temp limit is set to max in Afterburner?

Make sure you back up your original BIOS with GPU-z first too, in case anything goes wrong with the flash :)

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
  7. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Guy talking about performance on the 2gb 960:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  8. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    lowered the graphics to lowest level just to get 4k/60fps but it didn't pass 45fps while driving

9. Russ369

Russ369 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    I keep getting error 38 crashes like all the time, it mainly happens when I change a setting or I go into menu's to check the map... This god damn game is so buggy

10. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I caved. Grabbed it off GMG for $48.. Beer, football and destruction are in my plans for today.

11. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    My game doesn't even launch.. Any Google results point towards downloading some shady unofficial patch..

Edit: Had to close and restart Steam... Not a good start

12. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    I bought the game on Steam yesterday, and while it was loading I started reading all the comments about bad inconsistent performance.. then I thought about refunding right away, but with the time allotted to test the game and being able to refund I tried it to see if I would have any problems.

but I guess I'm one of the few that has no issues, not a single crash in 6 hours of gametime, and aside from Crossfire not working, I think sure the FPS could be higher, but the game only dips below 60fps very rarely for me, I would say like twice or so per hour of gameplay... most of the time I am hovering around 80fps, and upwards of 130fps in less busy areas... probably gonna switch to using v-sync from now on

and this is all in 1080p and even going to 1440p only kills about 10 or so frames

13. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Game runs like a dream on my 970, everything maxed out (AA is set to medium). Not liking how the cool upgrades are locked behind silly challenge missions though. Totalbiscuit nailed his impressions video. The game is awesome however. Nothing beats the sense of freedom you feel by gliding around the map in your wingsuit.

14. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I agree, the game is great and runs quite good after i switched off VSync.

It's just a bit repetitive. I'm doing stunts while driving & gliding about and liberating towns. That's all? The story is completely uninspiring so far and the dialogs are 70ies action B-movie standard.

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I have noticed an odd bug with this game over the weekend using the v359.06 drivers, namely that my GTX 980 Ti's memory speed drops from its default 3.5 GHz (7.0 GHz effective) to 3.3 GHz for some reason even though the core boosts as normal up to 1.4 GHz. This is the same issue that affected Batman: Arkham Knight until it was fixed in a new driver.

Anyone else experiencing that?

Also, the game has a serious bug for me as mentioned previously. The story mission: Mario's Rebel Drop is locked out because I apparently have to liberate Manaea first. There are two other locked Story missions available too but they depend on Mario's Rebel Drop being completed first. The problem is that Manaea is showing as already being liberated and when I enter the town there are no icons showing on the left hand side, not even the Raise Flag one as that had already been done. As such, I am unable to progress through the story.

Sure, that might not be that big of a deal in a game such as this which has a woefully weak narrative and forgettable characters anyway but I wanted to progress that way only because it gives the game some semblance of purpose in what is otherwise a Chaos Simulator than can quickly get repetitive just wandering around. At least for me anyway.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Some of the Challenges are fun but many are frustrating so I agree with you that it is a bit irritating that all of the cool gadgets and abilities can only be obtained by completing them.

17. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    After completely downloading the game from scratch I can now load up the game and continue works but there's still issues preventing me from enjoying it:

Whenever my in game temps hit 60c or beyond is exactly when the start menu and in game map buttons cease to function I've recently noticed. I then have to alt tab out of the game and my CPU and memory usage are sky high as in 94% high.

At default settings I can hit 60fps when further into land than the initial starting area but my fps tanks hard at random intervals right down to as low as 4fps for no reason while traversing the landscape. Sometimes it hits 20fps. Then back up to 55 - 60 fps and back down again. It's basically reliving Arkham Knight all over again for me which is a complete nightmare.

This all still occurs even when on the lowest possible settings btw. 1280x720 resolution.

At first I thought it was the AMD crimson hotfix driver as I noticed that my clocks had been lowered right down to 450mhz without me even realising it but trying a none crimson driver made no difference at all so I reinstalled it again.

I fear that like AK this will be yet another PC release I simply will never get to enjoy. Sure I will wait months on end for patches and promises but in the end it will sit in my collection 99% unplayed.

What the **** is becoming of modern PC gaming? I'm this close to giving it all up. :bang:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hopefully they'll get that first patch out this week and fix the worst of these memory leaks which I assume is what you've hit, even for me with a 4 GB GPU I can't run the game at 1920x1200 (Let alone higher such as via VSR.) for more than a hour or so at most before it starts stuttering badly as both RAM and VRAM start filling up, bringing up the menu seems to be the worst as if I leave the game for a few minutes after having pressed ESC it can take over a minute before it slowly resumes.
    (Running at lower texture quality and screen resolution should lower the RAM usage somewhat but there's still a leak filling it up so it might not help as much as you'd expect.)

(This is apparently also affecting the PS4 and XBO versions of the game so a patch is definitively required.)

19. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Just found out an easy fix for vsync locked at 30 problem.
    Launch game with /borderless /windowed commands.

Now vsync is working properly :D

20. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    I heard mixed reviews about this one. These type of games get old very quick after the initial rush if I remember time spent with JC2, the price that is being charged here I feel is not good value. I ll wait for it to be in the bargain bin in a month.