Rainbow Six Siege Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by (.)(.), Dec 5, 2014.

1. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    It's a shame "reviewers" are not pointing out that all future content( they already have 4 seasons planned) will be free to everyone so that's weapons skins, 8 new hero's and most importantly maps! meaning the community won't be split.

I'd much rather have this than buying maps and weapons yes the game has micro transactions but they are just for some weapon skins like csgo.

Overall I'm enjoying the game I was lucky enough to get 2 free codes with the gf's new laptop :3 but I'd of happily of paid for it.

2. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    MSAA Temporal. It's the leftmost option. I tried it mixed with all sorts of other AA methods, and it just destroys the visuals. Rendering half the resolution absolutely makes sense. It looks like it.

And Brogan, I played 5 hours straight both CoOp T-Hunt and the adversarial modes with random players. It was great.. I don't normally do terrorist hunts with random people.

3. sephking

sephking Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    Can you do Terrorist Hunt with a limited number of enemies? Hated them constantly respawning in the BETA.

4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    There are modes with limited spawns but one thing I don't like is there is no way to customize things like that.

Some modes have endless respawns, others don't.

Hopefully they will add some more customization options in the future.

It is a decent game, I'm having fun with it.

5. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Boycotting this rubbish. Don't support this rip-off.

6. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    What are you on about? The game is awesome, probably one of the better shooters in recent years.

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Awesome it is, got the season pass today from steam.

8. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Absolutely agree with you. people are so quick to jump on some hate bandwagon anymore.

They complain because it is $60 and MP only, yet they ignore that you can play Terrorist Hunt lone wolf with a ton more replay-ability than most other FPS single player experiences. Yes you don't get a third rate story and terrible voice acting and over the top set pieces, but you get some pretty intense gameplay that is better than most excuses for SP games these days.

Or they complain because it is not as good as the old rainbow six games, like that is going to magically make those games appear again and sell well...and it is not like they ever said it was going to be that kind of game anyway.

Or they complain about the micro-transactions but ignore the free maps, and that the transactions are just for skins or to get operators a little faster. This is the first UBI game in a long time where I actually feel like they made a good game, and they are getting slaughtered by people for it.

Weird thing is most who bought the game (not just played the beta) agree it is a good game, has some flaws (mostly network related) but it is still a very fun game, with a semi-unique hook, and dare I say (for this day and age anyway) an actual game that makes you have to think, but is still accessible enough for just about anyone.

9. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    You can filter out maps and game modes in the settings. It's a little convoluted, but it does help to ensure that your team (if all do the same settings) plays the exact type of game and/or the exact map that you want. It works in Lone Wolf too. You can also do this for Multiplayer games.

10. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Cheers for that :)

Agreed, Ubi has not been a good bet in recent years, but when they do something good, it's important to be objective.

Sure, this game is not like the older R6 games (and while I would love to see an old school RS game) this is very good for what it is.

It has a few shortfalls, but overall, it is good fun (and that's what's important).

I was initially very skeptical about this game but it has definitely won me over.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015

11. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    I have a 560Ti to try the game on, sadly 359.12 is giving me issues, and cba to roll back until my mate comes back (its his "hub") :D

Yep, the left most option renders at half res, best keep it off.

@All, this is something like chaos theory -> blacklist. conviction & DA weren't the greatest entries, while blacklist is not good as chaos theory, its still good enough (ignoring VA comments, gameplay is solid, and still there). In the modern era of casual trash feeding companies, R6S is the best it can get. Is the game worth 60$? Nope, but we say that for each game.

The game is a bit less on the content side (BF lovers such as myself would love 12v12 in huger maps), etc, but its not bad in any way. To top it off, its got LAN, which is reason enough for me, and probably many others to buy.

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    In regards to Splinter Cell, the only one that's not worth it's entry... is Double Agent.
    Despite it's shunned response from most SC fans, I loved Conviction. And loved Blacklist as it played like a combination of Chaos Theory and Conviction.
    The change in voice actor, and the look of Sam was... an odd choice. Specially since it's a direct sequel to the Conviction.

But, even still, I didn't feel ripped off by Blacklist... or Conviction. They weren't out of place with the previous entries in the series.

And sorry to those saying it, but 'terrorist hunt' and such is not enough to make up for a well crafted campaign that some fans of Rainbow Six wanted. It's okay for us to be disappointed with this new games direction and design.

No matter how "well made" or how much some are enjoying it. There are some of us, that are fans of the series... and are sad and letdown to see it abandon the story in favor of a straight MP design.

13. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I don't mean to offend anyone, sorry if I have.

Ofcourse, as a cs player I've seen the vids and especially look at the first vid on steam. It's just so contrived, describing the ct character/team choices....it's like listening to someone describe the original 4 character choices for cs ct and trying to brain-wash me into thinking this is new.

I really liked Raven Shield campaign. Bot matches isn't the same thing cause it's incoherent.

14. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X

Well it has been well over a decade since the last traditional rainbow 6, and believe it or not when that released the "campaign" was bashed as being extremely linear and quote "the removal of any sense of choice or any requirement of tactical thought makes this more of a theme park ride than a military operation" or this "The story in this game is ultimately irrelevant. All that matters when the mission starts is There Are Bad Guys Here, And You Must Shoot Them. There are no characters, and no genuine narrative to make the missions more meaningful." That's a review of Rainbow six: 3 btw.

I think people have some rose colored glasses on remembering the "story" of that game. The only thing that made that game and the earlier ones special was the planning. It sucks there is none of that I agree, but sheesh the campaign wasn't much more than terrorist hunt with the thinnest veneer of a story line. It was definitely far from a "well crafted" campaign. I am not saying you don't have a point, this isn't really a traditional rainbow 6 game, we haven't had one of those since 2003, but the lack of single player campaign isn't the reason. Even if it had one, it still wouldn't be a rainbow 6 game in the traditional sense, and it has nothing to do with story and more to do with no planning. Terrorist Hunt with a planning phase, would have been just as good as the old games imo. However, what it does have is TH with no planning, and that is alot of SP game replayability, and in reality it isn't awful at all.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  15. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Something that is really cool, although I expect only super hardcore or pro teams will make much use of it, is that you can set up plans and strategies for every map and game type..... the catch is it is online and not ingame. You can save and share plans etc, but not having it accessible ingame hurts the usability of it (imo). Overall I've enjoyed the game allot, and I'm downright lousy in my old age at Multiplayer.

16. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    You keep harping on this point, and proving you really have no idea what the good Rainbow Six games were like.

The campaign, the planning, the story, even the co-op gameplay (of which terrorist hunt mode was just 1 of many) were elements of the whole, but it was the multiplayer that was the lasting value of these games.

Maybe you never played them, I don't know. Imagine CoD without any of the stupid perks or kill streaks. Just quality real-world weaponry, realistic ballistics and damage, and methodical round based matches instead of 15 minute insta-respawn frag fests.

That's what some of us thought could be a possibility with Siege. Instead Ubi went and tried to reinvent the wheel when they didn't have to.

17. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    I was referring to the campaign, which is why I quoted the guy talking about single player. And yes I played every rainbow six game except Vegas 1,2, and lockdown. The quote was how without sp the game is essentially garbage.

18. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    wat

they need to implement that ingame, stat. where is it anyway, on the profile site?

19. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    I have given this a go (training missions only, no MP).

The first impression was that the graphics (although all on ULTRA) are bland and reminded me of some god awful UT mod with modern guns, very drab surroundings, the guns looked plastic. The soundstage was OK , again nothing immersive really.

After an hour, I have to admit I got so bored, I couldn't believe this is AAA title with a ridiculous price tag. I cannot understand people would pay up for this yet skip other AAA titles which are definitely worth their weight in gold (Fallout 4 for e.g), seriously.

For a pure MP game Ubisoft has the nerve to charge this much and ridicule Tom Clancy's name with this garbage?? It has all the ticks for a bad MP game that takes itself seriously.

-No dedicated servers
    -Tons of clipping
    -Stupid microtransactions
    -Average unrealistic graphics
    -Totally messed up playerbase (99% of players dont play this game as intended, a lot of of CODding, forget the whole setup)

I have seen worth a buys review and although it makes sense, I would still skip this.

20. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    If we play this with 4 ppl on hard it's very immersive. The sound is so well done you can hear whether somebody is running behind you on your level or below/above you.

Perfectly done imo. The shots and explosions sound very realistic in- and outdoors.

I hate to use silencers because going loud sounds soooo gorgeous. :)

Prize is too high though, paid about 40 Euros for a key.