Nvidia GeForce Game ready 359.06 WHQL Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Dec 1, 2015.

1. dexth77

dexth77 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX970 SLI
    This driver runs great on my GTX 970 SLI @1440p (still not able to run 4K smooth). Fallout 4 is now buttery smooth compared to 359.00 (forced AK SLI bit). AC:S is also running smooth 60fps vs previously 40+ FPS, but might have been combination of patch 1.2 installed at the same time.

2. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    Ugh

Guess I shouldn't be surprised that there were no fixed issues... and possibly more issues added!

3. BNSoul

BNSoul Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 660 Ti OC 3GB
    Tested because my OCD, 356.04 still better for Kepler, uninstalling...

4. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    Exactly ! I'm having hard time arguing with people (only because i have free time), that older drivers sometimes works better then new one. People installed game ready drivers for Fallout 4 and Black Ops 3 (before release date and any testing whatsoever) and they were complaining about performance while I was quitely enjoying on Battlefront drivers :) I did downloaded this 359.06 and I got barely 5fps improvement in JC3 exactly, other games works pretty much same here and there.

Main problem for me is that after Witcher 3 drivers (somewhere around), my gtx970 clock potential is lowered with drivers for about ~40mhz on core and 100mhz on memory. But again I'm just a hardcore gamer on 1080p monitor which is 60hz and I dont want anything above smooth 60-70fps all the time neither I have budget for anything higher.

Everyone here are mostly good on budget and problems occurs mostly with gsync, sli configs etc, my point is that last couple drivers are pretty fine for gamers like me :thumbup:

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Oh great, another internet legend who claims he's the most experienced and smartest guy on the forum. He also appears to fancy himself a Dr. Phil of the forum with his amateur psychoanalysis. Yeah, pointing out I average about 1.5 posts a day was such a devastating riposte! What a hoot.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  6. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Assassin's creed syndicate runs great here nice and smooth with all the bells and whistles at my native resolution 2560x1440p and using using SLI as i don't see how i can get the FPS i require or i condersider enjoyable at this resolution without SLI .

I've had SLI for many years and for the most part it's been hassle free , this year or should i say since swapping to windows 10 has been the worst so far for me with SLI bugs/support . as soon as i can get what i require from a single card that will be the day that dual cards setup end for me .Nvidia's Volta Launching In 2018 might just be the one.

7. Angrycrab

Angrycrab Guest

GPU:
    Titan XP EVGA Hybrid Kit
  8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I am getting sick and fed up of my Windows 10 Pro v1511 PC triggering a TDR ("Display driver has stopped responding and successfully recovered") error almost (but not always) every time I open either my Steam library or Chrome. I now know what crap people had to put up with 18 months ago when the TDR issue was affecting a number of people with NVIDIA cards until it was fixed in a driver update. Seems like it is now my turn!

At that time I was (thankfully) unaffected and I've only started seeing this error since upgrading to Windows 10 Pro v1511 from Build 10240. The galling thing is that I never get these TDRs while playing games, only on the desktop. Am I really the only person experiencing these?

I sometimes wish NVIDIA had never bothered with this adaptive performance/clocks because the issue almost certainly stems from that IMO. I have tried everything, including doing an inplace upgrade of Windows from within Windows and I just cannot fix the damn thing. I never had any TDRs at all with Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 Pro Build 10240. Of course, I can completely avoid it by not using either Steam or Chrome but that is a workaround not a fix!!! At some point, I have to open Steam if I want to register/download a new game. :bang:

It's just so frustrating to have these issues on the desktop when the card is running on low performance but not have any while I'm playing the most intensive games for hours at a time. It just does not make sense to me. :(

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    P.S. These TDRs would not bother me so much if they didn't cause the GPU core to 'stick' at 2D speeds when I try to run games after they occur. It's not like I have any system freezes or BSODs, I just hear a chime and see a message pop up in my system tray that the driver has crashed. It means I have to restart my PC everytime one occurs to fix the 3D clock speeds.

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    do going back to older drivers not work? still say only time i seen any TDR issue on the dozens of pc's made for family and friends is when hardware was faulty in some way. then again my personal pc has not been change in 5+ years. on any driver i used in past 5+ years. short of when my 9800gts ram started to fail

11. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I'm beginning to think you might have a defective GPU. Those TDR's that lock the GPU clocks are commonly a defect in the GPU.

12. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    The issues I'm reading about here, seem to be primarily with Win. 10. Is that correct? Not everyone includes which windows they're running. I'm on Win. 7 with Nvidia 356.04 drivers. I have no issues but I just bought Fallout 4 and I don't want any with new drivers. I'm curious as to what new drivers will run the game best on Win.7. Anyone? Thanks all.

13. Evele

Evele Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700 XT
    Custom resolutions for Korean monitor overclocks are still broken on Windows 10 64 bit. Last working driver was 358.50.

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Biggest detractors of sli in my experience have 1 gpu in their rig for whatever reason.

15. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I'm still waffling over getting another 980ti...partly due to poor support in recent titles. I changed over from my OG TITANS mostly because they didn't have HDMI 2.0 and so far an active DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 at 4K 60hz dongle is vapor ware

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Sli support is a bit slower recently, I think due to the console ports and lazy developers, game company's don't care how many gpus you have but nvidia sure does. I remember sli very early on, games like the original FEAR would just crash the game executable with sli enabled with 7800gt sli, after much troubleshooting I disabled sli and the game ran fine. Far cry from today where people moan about the sli profile being set to single gpu at first while the developer and or nvidia gets around to sli.

17. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
  18. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    I have this as well. Back to 359.00 and everything is fine.

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    If the card was defective then I would be experiencing issues in games and the reality is that I have absolutely no TDR issues while playing games nor any unexpected crashes or freezes. Everything is 100% stable and I have not had any BSODs in over a year (then the last one was caused by a dodgy driver). These issues happen ONLY on the desktop while using Chrome and Steam.

Steam uses Chromium components so that is the link I believe. I also remembered that the TDR issue started when I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro v1511 from Build 10240 but I also installed the 64-bit version of Chrome around the same time as well. I did not know there was a 64-bit version as the website only mentions 32-bit. I was not experiencing any issues with Chrome x64 while using websites so I kind of forgot that it was installed.

I have now uninstalled it and reinstalled the standard 32-bit version. I will see if that fixes the issue. It may be that the 32-bit Chromium components in Steam are causing incompatibility issues with the 64-bit version of Chrome, a distinct possibility considering I have Steam set to load with Windows.

I have exhausted just about everything else and it seems too much of a coincidence that I installed Chrome x64 around the time these TDR issues started occurring on the desktop.

Fingers crossed...

P.S. I have also uninstalled the NVIDIA HD Audio drivers although I don't think they are the cause.

20. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    Most of these driver issues seem related to Windows 10.
    However, 354.xx through 359.xx are poor driver and SLi implementations in win 7, 8.1, win srv12 r2 as well.

I'm solidifying my humble opinion that all driver implementations that were designed to support win 10 are a large compromise compared to drivers prior to 354.xx

PS

I've been bashed on this forum for running SLi, or my choice in hardware or even my choice in games. wow. There have been few helpful informative comments but a whole lot of negative ill informed tear down remarks.

I'm hopeful that this is just a passing phase and that folks get back to sharing information and being helpful. After all we come to these forums to fix problems, compare notes and gleam solutions.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=403963