Nvidia GeForce Game ready 359.06 WHQL Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Dec 1, 2015.

1. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    another sites like guru3d and techpowerup shows increase of 1 or 2 fps... but ok... i want these gain too hehe in 3 years my gtx 670 just increased 2 or 3 fps in games comparison in release date... like tomb raider... metro 2033 and last light... grid 3 and others... and i saying comparison about 301.42 vs 359.00... in same time amd released driver with much more gains like these omega drivers and etc... if you remember a gtx 670 in release date beat one hd 7970... now are worse than hd7950

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  2. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    This is great if you don't play new games at all. Unfortunately most games coming out aren't very optimized and developers leave it up to GPU software to make them run as best they can. The vast majority of people have little to no issues when upgrading.

3. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    no whql certification to me too... but no problem... that´s completely useless

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea, I wondered why WHQL drivers made Windows ask me if I was sure I wanted to install this driver

5. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Nvm......

6. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    I think you missed the point, sir

The point is/was that it was working and now its not, coincidentally when they started with win 10 drivers. My ambition to have an uber rig has NOTHING to do with drivers working up to a certain version and then suddenly stop.

My playing a mix of modern and old games is completely irrelevant to the driver being full of issues. Because I play fallout 4 it automatically means I can't play SOMA, Saints Row, or a quake 4 variant?

Seriously?

The issue was/is the last few driver releases have many broken features and issues. The mix of games I play has nothing to do with that

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=403963

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  7. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    I'm still getting constant crashes in FO4 with these in conjunction with the hd audio driver. I wonder if it's an engine issue. I've popped in an old sound card as an interim solution, but I really hope either nvidia or Bethesda fix it.

8. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    Nvidia driver already has shader cache and that is pretty much the only performance improvement in Crimson driver.

9. pesticle

pesticle Guest

GPU:
    980GTX 4GB
    He missed the point eh.

My friend, there is no point in running Quake 4 with 4 Titans in SLI. There's no reason to even do it with two.

You might as well be complaining that your air conditioner breaks when you try to use it in January, in a blizzard.

10. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    The list was longer than quake and included recent titles

But I learned a valuable lesson

Thank you

11. maxstep

maxstep Guest

GPU:
    4090 + LG OLED 65
    All depends on settings and/or resolution. I play at 8K and would love to enable DSR for example to dowscale from what would have to be 16K. My measly dual 980tis are barely capable of doing ultra at 8K, no aa in most games.

That gent with quad titan x has valid complaints. Nonsense that stuff that worked gets broken.

12. BlueRay

BlueRay Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I uninstalled and installed the new drivers again. Now they show up as WHQL. Dxdiag shows the WHQL sign. Weird must be a bug or smth.

13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    1. That's just not true:

[​IMG]
    (clickable)

As you can see a GTX680 (which is essentially a little bit faster part than 670) got more than 10 fps with driver updates since its introduction to the market.

2. GTX 670 was never beating 7970. GTX 680 was more or less on the same level as 7970 on launch. It got just a little bit below that now:

[​IMG]
    (clickable; there are no 680 and 7970 but you can easily extrapolate them from 770 vs 280X results; do note as well that the original 7970 and 7970 1GHz Edition which is used in modern benchmarks mostly are two different cards with different performance)

And the reason why this happened is mostly because of +1GB of VRAM on 7970 compared to 680 - 2GBs are just not enough for modern games.

Win10 x64 driver is WHQLed for me.

14. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Drive failed on first install and had to reboot after reboot driver seems to be install but although i had selected to install GFE it had not installed and i've had to install it separately .

As for my cards clocks downclocking on 144hz refresh rate display bottom card is @ 135.0mhz which is ok and the top card stuck at 912.8 mhz on the desktop, as this is still an improvement over the last driver whereas both cards were at 1139 mhz on the desktop @ 144hz and would only downclock when setting 100hz refresh rate .

Dropping down to 120hz refresh rate does not resolve the issue ,only 100hz does

This now causes my top card to hover between 59-60c idle which in turn means that the fans on the top card are constantly stop start stop start , silly bug and i find it very annoying .

this last year has one one of the worst years ive ever had with driver bugs from Nvidia .

15. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4070 TI OC
    These drivers disabled my ability to play Just Cause 3 in full screen mode. Always have a window around the screen. Hit Alt-Enter and it goes full screen momentarily then reverts to windowed at 920 x 1080. Went back to 359.00 and game is full screen again.

Downloaded from Geforce.com a second time. Uninstalled first...then reinstalled custom and only drivers and PhysX and all work fine now...359.06

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015

16. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Oh, wait, looks like I spoke too soon. Fallout 4 random crashes are now happening even with nvidia hd audio drivers disabled. Great. Just great.

17. cyberfredxxx

cyberfredxxx Member Guru

GPU:
    WF 780 GTX
    hi guys ,
    with 359.06 , I lost some point (100 points exactly in phsyx test 3dmark firestrike) and CPU Load under Assassins creeds syndicate is almost 90% !!!
    (3770k@4.5 Ghz)
    do u have the same behavior ?

18. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
  19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Installed through GFE = WHQL signed.

20. ravaged

ravaged Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    Yeah, like Fallout 4 utilizing both of my graphics cards. OCD as ****.