Download & Discuss - AMD Radeon Software Crimson Thread (Beta7 November 2015)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Havel, Nov 24, 2015.

1. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Matbe from details?

2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    its got the steam id in properties, so im guessing for steam games its using your library.

3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Looks like it's tide to path/process name and profile title.

4. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    this is an initial release, im sure they will add losts of stuff as time goes on.

Im very happy with it so far.

5. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    AMD Cleanup Utility is not updated and does not uninstall new Radeon Settings. I just spend half hour with AmdCleanupUtility/DDU/manualy removing, nothing helps. I like new UI and the driver performances, but new Radeon Crimson sw is buggy! Especially overdrive...clocks fluctuation and after restart fan being at 30% (which is dangerous, could end up like nvidia)not at auto! AMD FIX THIS!!!

6. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I've never needed to rename profiles but there's no harm in trying :)

15.11.1 work fine?

7. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    are you using AB or trixx?

they most likely will interfere as they all use the same API: Overdrive5.

8. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Not path, only some .exe values.

I tried with 2 different paths with same exe and no way.

9. gassenn

gassenn Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    +1
    fixed 75% when playing, automatic isnt working

10. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    We are in windows, this is not SteamOS where all games goes through Steam library.

In Windows there are games tied to Steam, GOG or Origin and even games not tied to any platform.

Even a game can be in Steam and not be a "Steam only game", i.e TW3 can be in Steam or GOG.

I guess AMD games profiles identify themselves based on games .exe file properties (not path), the same way they take the game icon...from the .exe.

11. BooMario

BooMario Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 m200x Series/8850m
    Stem uses URL shortcuts (like steam://rungameid/ID) so should be pretty easy for AMD identify them from other programs.

12. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    exactly.

I find it unusual for them to include functionality of a specific external program however.

13. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Profiles are not only for games (i.e Valley benchmark) and not all games are from Steam library.

Steam (is not yet) the game monopoly on Windows.

Full path to .exe is the best way i think to identify properly the profiles avoiding duplicates an allowing profiles for same .exe in different locations.

Right now i'm testing RAM disk gaming and i can't have 2 AMD profiles for the same .exe in different locations (SSD and RAM disk).

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I don't think AMD Overdrive is working... I had set my core clock in it when I first installed the drivers, then today when having a look through the tabs I noticed it had gone back to default.

Also, the tray icon hide function, if you set it from withing Radeon Settings it will remember after rebooting, if you set it from the tray icon it forgets.

15. achahin

achahin Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7690M XT 2G
    Hi everyone

I tried to Install the beta CRIMSON, 312 MB, during the installation while installing the display driver phase, the screen flickered and then goes black for ever and the fan start to run fast with a sound. I also tried to install the official CRIMSON driver, 251 MB but the display driver doesn't populate in the installation, I don't know what is the problem and I believe that my GPU is supported to this new driver.
    Any one has been through this? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,,,​

16. Alpha_Tay

Alpha_Tay Active Member

GPU:
    -
    cnext.exe timer resolution 1ms bug

this new radeon settings cnext.exe has enforce timer resolution to 1ms bug when double click it at right side taskbar icon that autorun at startup, open radeon settings once even just for take a look at the main menu without doing anything else would enforce timer resolution to 1ms, end task cnext.exe would return system back to 15.6ms, if default setting that let cnext.exe autorun at startup right side taskbar icon, it wouldnt enforce timer resolution to 1ms, only when double click to open it would enforce timer resolution to 1ms.

UPDATE: it seem that even without open radeon settings once after reboot, the timer resolution would still become 1ms.

UPDATE: it seem that without letting Radeon Settings cnext.exe auto run at windows startup, the 1ms timer resolution bug wouldnt happen, launch chrome browser, some website would make timer resolution goes to 10ms or even 1ms, but closing those website or chrome, the timer resolution would fall back to 15.6ms default. if letting Radeon Settings cnext.exe auto run at windows startup, the timer resolution would stuck at 1ms when any software request that and it would stay 1ms forever until restart or end process cnext.exe

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  17. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Yes, back on them with damn slow CCC :(

No.

18. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    odd, mine works fine.

19. vancook

vancook Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8 GB
    where clean the shared cache ??? where the folder location ? i have windows 10 x64

20. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I tried reinstalling the driver and now the radeon settings doesn't start. What do I do?