Download & Discuss - AMD Radeon Software Crimson Thread (Beta7 November 2015)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Havel, Nov 24, 2015.

1. vancook

vancook Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8 GB
    thanks man! , now i find edge detect =d

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    You have said the same thing now 3 times in this thread...

If you actually want to report it go here http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=376922

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I think that there is more than valid reason to wish to avoid wasting time on dealing with AB haters, which are always attracted by posts like that like bees by honey. Your previous "innocent remarks" attracted them and the story will repeat with no doubts, there are exactly the same persons taking part in the show like old "good" The Mac and the company. And I'd really prefer to invest time in preparing 4.2.0 to release instad of dealing with the next portions of haters here.

4. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    I'm sticking with 15.10 for now, the Crimson drivers have just totally broken GameDVR recording. I really enjoy being able to record my gameplay (even if I have to use horrible AMD Gaming Evolved) and 15.10 so far I've found to be the best/most stable for recording. It doesn't crash and even allows for alt-tabbing/losing focus of the game being recorded which is really handy.

With Crimson on the otherhand, the DVR just crashed every time :(, the other problem was setting not being stored or a setting always reverting to a different value which is frustrating. Is a shame that I'm reverting because performance wise, I definitely noticed smoother gameplay, stuttering in elite (which is prone to microstutter) was significantly reduced, and I didn't need to use RadeonPro for Darksiders 2 either (to adjust the flip-queue).

5. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    You are taking it wrong, at least from my part.

I'm not an AB hater or Unwinder hater BTW.

I simply don't understand people unable to ear or simply unable to allow any kind critics (even valid ones) when there is no insults or person denigration involved.

Please don't include me in the same category as my old "friend" The Mac.

He already included in his personal "ignore" list LONG time ago when he failed to flame me with his "kind" words and remarks.

Maybe you should think why there is a reason they can critic your soft there (or even your behavior): there it's not possible you fill them infraction like the one you send me or to menace them with ban.

If you are only able to avoid critics behind mod axe menace maybe some critics are not so bad after all.

I'm not going to join them there or here because it's a stupid witch hunt nonsense who falls at personal level.

The origin of the problem in this case is the erratic AMD drivers changes not your software or behavior.

Great to know that you are developing Afterburner 4.2.0.

If you have a donation option (or plan to) please say it, i always support good free software when i can.

:)

P.S.: Consider this my last comment in this "case", banned or not.

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Those who are truly able to provide valuable critics were invited to private MSI Afterburner beta forum and work there on polishing each new version for you. And with help of that team each new version contains both fixes and new features. And the thread you commented as "deja-vu" contains a statement from end user declaring that "AB is certified garbage in GPU clock reporting and that it is falsely reporting throttling", which I asked to get confirmed with a simple open source code with no luck. The value of such "critics" is equal to zero, such feedback actually more frequently results in discontinuing the products rather than in software evolution.

7. Groovy-Music

Groovy-Music Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 AERO OC
    "Those who can, do.... and those who can't... well... critic"

I would like the AMD overdrive to include Voltage control!
    Overclock success/range is minimal without additional voltage

I would like extreme downsampling too !

EDIT edit: No no no no no.... I just thought that I don't need billionaire AMD and his team of hundreds of full time workers providing me satisfactory tools, because some unaffiliated but passionate individuals are doing it already...

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  8. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    This will never happen.

A HUGE amount of RMAs from dumb users who fried their GPUs pushing every AMD around beyond max without proper temps (and capacities) right from AMD GPU drivers is not what AMD wants to his partners selling his GPUs.

You get extreme low power usage at the expense of performance extreme break in some cases...

That's not the same?

:D

Seriously this will also never happen cause AMD labeled his downsampling solution as "hardware" only.

GeDoSaTo for DX9 games and 4K in Tonga series, that's all.

9. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    I keep asking this questions on other forums and get systematically ignored.
    When I launch the installers for chipset drivers and RAIDXpert, I select install and nothing appears in the packages window except for video drivers and Crimson control panel, which are already installed. I choose to install anyway but nothing happens.
    Anyone?

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Manually install them via Device Manager.

11. Martin.v.r

Martin.v.r Active Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1200/1500
    I use trixx it is ok

12. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    ok, people with the HOT GPU issues, this is what i found with these drivers. I am using a 7950 idk if this persist with other models but here it is.

I managed to detect a bug that if you fiddle with the crimson settings and overdrive tab the automatic fan profiles sets itself to 50% manual ON REBOOT.

This means it wont change even if it gets really hot!

Be very careful. This can be reproduced with my video card and settings.

Basically my Workaround is like this:

1.- Disabled Crimsom from Startup
    2.- Used AB to maintain the Automatic Fan Enabled
    3.- Used RadeonMod for Shader Cache enable to global settings (and other tweaks)
    4.- Used Radeon Pro for Game Profiling and mainting high clocks on any given game with its ''ALLWAYS USE HIGHEST PERFORMANCE CLOCKS WHILE GAMING'' setting to on (to avoid clock flunctuation)

yah, i wanted just to use the first party software, but i guess we need more time on AMD part to solder the drivers.

Sadly this is how i managed to get this driver going, the good news is that its performance is the best ive got in a long time.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  13. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    i just use ab to set clocks and fan profile and thats it only games i set shader cache for is ark the rest it's auto set anyway my clock speed always stays put and no issues

14. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    IMHO the best is to stay away from Overdrive tab cause it has very minimal OC capacities and it will interfere with any real OC tool settings used, i use AB ALONE for OC instead.

Are RadeonPro profiles allowing to force high clocks per games and not only global?

That's a good news!

15. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    Ive just moved back to 15.11. Too many quirks and i just want my games to work as i have expected. I'll come back to this in a month or two.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Probably because people have nothing to tell you. Me included, no idea what's wrong with that.
    Try contacting AMD support if nothing seems to help.

17. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I've just run the Tomb Raider benchmark and also found a nice performance improvement.
    With 15.11 I got an average of 74 fps, but with the crimson drivers I now get 87 fps. Really nice :D

18. vancook

vancook Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8 GB
    Assasins creed Unity run very bad with this driver crimson, fps drops because the gpu clock donw and up.. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee amd fixxxxxxxxxxx quickly!!

19. dmr2

dmr2 Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 280x
    This is really bad. I use color profile and this driver always reset calibration profile to amd default. Also to change some settings about hdtv, which is connected to hdmi, have to go to old style ccc to do changes. Really bad.

20. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64