Shame on you AMD .... !!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by testooo, Nov 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. testooo

testooo Guest

GPU:
    HD5650 / OC
    I am reading the news now ....

I can't believe they dropped support for HD5000 and consider it as a legacy card.

also what a lame move just embedding the last driver in a beta ....

would it be at least a full courtesy if they released the last driver in WHQL.

what do you think guys ?

2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    HD5000 series was released 6 years ago. Time to move on

3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    I think its time for you to upgrade and stop expecting support for a card that over 5 years old.

Shame on you for expecting resources to be taken away from newer technology.

4. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    I have an hd 5650m and i can't play any more new games on it to be honest since assassin's creed 3 in 2012. FC3 ran alright but afterwards games didn't even launch at times. To be honest those gpus are 5+ years old and you can't really expect them to turn into rockets. There isn't much to do about them optimization wise. Just be happy amd is doing this every half decade or so, considering their budget as of late. Beta or WHQl driver makes no difference as long there is performance improvement to be noticed.

5. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Do you know what exactly means WHQL? I'm just curious.

6. testooo

testooo Guest

GPU:
    HD5650 / OC
    upgrade how ? I am on a laptop .... duh

7. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    get a new laptop.

Its ****ing old.

8. testooo

testooo Guest

GPU:
    HD5650 / OC
    where I live a new laptop will cost a price of a brand new car in USA or UK, of course If I want to buy a good gaming laptop. like the one I've got now.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Come on man, that 5650m is weak is it can gets. Integrated gpu solutions today are faster than that.

10. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC
    It was expected. I believe they hope that they will get more sales in PC area, but unhappy customers won't really buy from AMD they will pick NVIDIA. At least on paper NVIDIA still support 400 series that was release in 2010 (wonder if NVIDIA will decide to follow).

Rx 300 is 100% GCN, this was the moment when you supposed to assume that support for TeraScale 2 & 3 will end.

To be honest I no longer care that much about drivers for Windows, I have no plans to move to Win 8 or Win 10 I plan to move to a Linux distro so I will probably use the open source driver that still support legacy gpu. In the last year I didn't bought games that didn't had a Linux client.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015

11. nexxusting

nexxusting Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 SC /w EK-FCGTX980
    "Duh"???

You failed to enter "5650M" in your sig so how would anybody people know you have a laptop pal?

Dont be an ass.

12. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Buying gaming laptops.... it's like buying a console, you're essentially tied to the original equipment with little scope for upgrading with typically the only option is a full system replacement.

Most craptops now are comparable in speed to your existing one, laptops should only really be used for one thing, mobile computing, they shouldn't be used as dedicated platforms for long term use, the ergonomics are just not there for them.

I learnt this lesson the hard way, bought myself a £1200 laptop, it had to be fixed under warranty 5 times (that was within 2 years) with it breaking a 6th time after the warranty expired.

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Well said, on paper. Nvidia have no support for DX12 and wddm2 on Fermi cards. People still believe Fermi have some life left in it, silly.

14. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    Wow oh wow is all I can say to this thread and other here and elsewhere. I guess I should still expect MS to support Windows ME or Soundblaster to support _______ fill in the blank from the late 90's.

Actually Shame on the OP for even starting this.

Incidentally it is still supported, you have the last driver to use. Your just not getting any more driver updates...anyhow driver updates do absolutely nothing for your card.

I have a pair of HD 7770 that I no longer bother to update drivers. They have seen their lifetime, and put to pasture since I wanted to be able to use the latest and greatest features. THey both have a lifetime warranty to boot, I guess cause of that I should expect another 25 to 40 years of support. HA :bang:

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  15. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    I don't know whats the big deal tbh, I can understand if it comes from a 6xxx user but a 5xxm user?

Its like buying food in the bargain section which expires in 2 days and then complaining that its starting to smell foul by the third day.

Besides with that driver you'll probably last another year.

16. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
  17. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    It's only going to be a big deal to those that are effected. It's probably best to upgrade.

18. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Like the NVIDIA 400 and 500 series, that still get support.

No, it is not. If his computer is working ok, he should at least be able to use it. Playing indie games and the rest is a choice that NVIDIA clients have, he doesn't.
    As for the "shame" comment, it's so stupid, pretentious and ridiculous that I won't even grant it a response.

If it is working just fine for what he needs it, restricting it through a driver is the least he needs. Let's not even mention people who have laptops with both GCN and Terascale cards, that are left in limbo with NOTHING working. How can you applaud this when NVIDIA is STILL supporting the 400 series?

19. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    get a 390... it is 250 bucks now.. and tbh after 6 years amd was correct to drop support fr those ancient cards

20. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.