Download & Discuss - AMD Radeon Software Crimson Thread (Beta7 November 2015)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Havel, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well strange this VSR for some reason even on CRIMSON wont let me change resolution in downsampling or forcing resolution change...

Im sick and tired of waiting and waiting on a Mini DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 adapter coming out
    looked everywhere so that i can get 4k resolution out of my PC and onto my Samsung Curved 55" 4k UHD TV Model :UE55HU8500 with T-GFP9DEUC-1290.0,BT- S/G 10 Bit Pannel

------------------------------------

1920x1080p is the only resolution i can get when going from mini DP to HDMi on the Samsung Hub.

R9295X2 will not force anything higher, i tried to get 3840x2160 by downsampling but keep getting a error :/

argggggggggggghh lol

and as for my AOC monitor ultrawide i can only force 3440x1440 from 2560x1080p default

and going up another step to the next ultrawide resolution requires higher than 4096 resolution wich seems to be the maximum that the custom slider will produce.....

2. Spartakush

Spartakush Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 @ 1150/1500
    Is there any way to change the directory or drive of the shader cache? other than reinstalling the OS on a different drive? I would like it to be on one of my SSDs, but at the moment it's on my crap old HDD (it's ancient). Or would drive speed not really affect the shader cache that much?

I tried to test it myself to see if the HDD would cause stutter/lag, and I noticed in AC: Syndicate with shader cache on I get random 5-10fps drops. These completely disappeared after I disabled shader cache, so I just guessed it was the HDD shader cache causing it.

3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I'm wondering why you have the OS on a HDD while having SSD's in the system? Install it on an SSD :D

Go here.

Code:
    C:\Users\&userprofile%\AppData
    Right click Local -> Properties -> Location. Move it to an SSD.

4. steved72

steved72 Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 Gaming OC
    I get this issue with BF4 if I Alt Tab to deskop and leave game in background for a minute.

BF4 stopped responding
    Faulting application name: bf4.exe, version: 1.6.2.40658,
    Faulting module name: atidxx64.dll, version: 8.17.10.644,

5. vancook

vancook Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8 GB
    How to fix the GPU CLOCK? with this driver i run fall out 4 or dota 2 and my gpu clock get masive drops .. Not working at full speed

should run constant 1040 mhz or is normal with this driver ??

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  6. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Where can I change the language of the program? It forced one I didn't want on me :(

7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    No i don't have Eyefinity, im just 1440p FreeSync, hopefully the more people reporting the clock bouncing, will give it a higher priority for fixing :)

A lot of people are getting that, me included, cores just going up and down, up and down, had to revert back to my previous drivers, the 15.9.1 BETAs, which are fine, she'll be best off reverting back to her previous driver too :)

Hopefully a fix won't be too long.

Could try this :- https://community.amd.com/thread/191791

8. Spartakush

Spartakush Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 @ 1150/1500
    Thanks mate, worked perfectly! Now I'll test it to see if I still get those stutters with shader cache enabled.

Also to answer your question simply, I'm lazy :p I work from home on my PC and have so many files stashed away in random places, backing it up will be a real nightmare as I know I have so much junk too, lol.

I know I'll have to do it at some point though, it's very annoying the Windows 10 OS "Reset" feature only works on the same drive, or I would have simply done a reset install onto my SSD rather than upgrading my current one. To make things worse, I have 3 OS' installed on a multiboot system lol, I seriously need to just do a fresh install ;)

9. vancook

vancook Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8 GB
    is normal with this driver ? gpu clock up and down?? i play fall out 4 and get average gpu clock 950mhz up and down.. and my r9 390 default gpu clock is 1040mhz.

10. howzz1854

howzz1854 Member

GPU:
    dual Sapphire Tri-x R290x
    after upgrading from 15.7.1 to Crimson, i am getting a horrible flickering/flashing in millisecond fashion in games. tried disabling ULPS in after burner, no luck. tried with/without powertune option in After burner, no luck. tried upgrading afterburner and enable/disable ULPS no luck.

on top of all that, the new crimson driver now forces the GPU clock speed to be in 3d mode all the time. i usually have separate 2d/3d profiles setup for GPU clock speeds, so when in desktop environment the clocks are low, but in games it ramps up. but now it's constantly stuck in 3d mode regardless whether or not you're gaming. i think it might have something to do with the new UI. for some reason, it's making the GPU think it's in a game. i've seen this happen before when some application would render in 3d which would cause the gpu to go into 3d mode. i think the new UI is doing the same thing.

i rolled back the driver back to 15.7.1 and games no longer flicker. but since i did a driver roll-back, the Crimson UI is still there. although games no longer flicker, the Crimson UI still making the GPU think it's in 3d mode. i might do a full uninstall tonight to put CCC back on.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    The Evil Within and Amnesia: TDD work just fine for me, performance and qualitywise.
    Tho it seems these drivers may or may not cause issues in certain games.

12. xecuter116

xecuter116 Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7970 Crossfire
    This doesn't work for me. Any settings applied within a profile dont work. Also the frame limiter in global doesn't work either

13. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Tried them (from the AMD release) for about two hours.

Installed without any issues (apart from the 15.8 showing on MSI AB), worked without any as well.

Performance wise, nothing fancy.

Stable, o/c working fine (no ups/downs), Mantle@BF4 super-smooth (only for a 40' round, though), Heaven/Valley@ExtremeHD reached my usual highest scores (had a bit lower min/max fps and score with every driver after 15.5, I think).

Can't compare 3dMark scores since I cannot "update" to latest version (no cheap key on the horizon)) and my current version has the "default clocks" bug.

Overall a nice, problem-free experience.

14. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    It's now changed to Radeon Settings so I don't think the Catalyst version will increment unless it's part of the simple CCC interface used for custom resolutions.

15. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    This damn driver somehow managed to completely mess up my sound. I had to uninstall it and sound card drivers both, install 15.7.whatever and reinstall the sound driver. Just WTF!

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    No its not normal, clocks shoiuldn't be up and down all the time, we need it fixed :)

Its not just a Fury issue then.

17. kandata94

kandata94 Guest

GPU:
    R9 280X DirectCU II
    Shader cache killed witcher 3 stuttering, but i have two big issues for now:

1) Pixelated artifacts (if i set 1600x900 or 1280x720 they disappear)

[​IMG]

2)Fan speed that returns continuously to auto and interferes with msi afterburner fan speed curve.

Maybe i'll revert to 15.11.1. :bang:

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Boobies! :D

19. Mercennarius

Mercennarius Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Tri-X R9 390X

I've had fan speed issues as well with these new drivers.

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    That's exactly like the artefacts I had in Shadow of Mordor, that pixelation. Worked around by using 15.11 Catalyst dll's for SoM as other games work fine for me, so far.

Tried disabling Shader Cache for SoM but that didn't help.