Download & Discuss - AMD Radeon Software Crimson Thread (Beta7 November 2015)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Havel, Nov 24, 2015.

1. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    I don't use Hwinfo64 for FPS. What I do is, I set Hwinfo64 up to report all the standard parameters like Ram, CPU usage, GPU temp,usage, and fan speed to RTSS. The I use the RTSS overlay in game to monitor those values.

Then I run FRAPS without it's overlay, and only use it's benchmark feature to get frametimes and fps in a csv. For in game FPS I either let steam do it or use whatever is built into a game.

Alternatively you can skip RTSS and HW info altogether and just use Playclaw, it has a built in hardware monitor you can enable. It also does FPS.

2. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Now it makes sense. With a global profile, optimized doesn't always mean on, it can be off. Alien Isolation's optimized value is off, so setting it on by adding it as a profile works.
    That's why you need to add games as not all are set on when optimized. The Witcher 3 is on with AMD optimized.

3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    What would be the case that the worst scenario with the cache being on?

By the way, it didn't find neither Battlefront, neither CS:GO or Hearthstone by itself.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I think maybe AMD themselves have whitelisted specific games that are on with AMD optimized and the rest being off. I can't say why though.
    I don't want to have to add every game to make sure it has shaders cached so I'm looking at how AMD does it to see if somehow we can force it on.

They're still using this...

Code:
    C:\Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\APL\user.blb
    It seems this is where Shader Cache value is stored per profile.

5. vancook

vancook Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8 GB
    The problem with the Fall out 4 and GTA V shows compass and mini map with flicktering.
    The problem is the resolution 1920x1080.. If you change other resolution the compass work.
    The problem is with reso 1920x1080 !

6. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Switched from 4K to 1080p and you are right. The compass is also bugged for me at 1080p.

7. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Thanks a lot!

Your post goes directly yo my particular "how-to bench guide".

:)

8. vancook

vancook Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8 GB
    I was playing longer, in a 2K resolution, and found that compass icons are pixelated. He did not fix everything but this better than 1920x1080.
    I hope that they get a quick hotfix

9. Spartakush

Spartakush Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 @ 1150/1500
    Damn, wouldn't know what could be causing that, sorry! Other than stuff you probably already know/tried lol, make sure MSI AB is fully updated, don't use overdrive in CCC/crimson at all and try with & without PowerPlay support. I do know that my Afterburner is a big buggy sometimes too though, I will get those blank clocks randomly and I have to restart it a few times. Happens very rarely on my 290 though, hope you can get your 390 sorted :)

10. Leito360

Leito360 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX480 Nitro+
    How does Arkham Knight runs with these drivers?

11. valkyrjur

valkyrjur Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070ti
    Thank you Wagnard for the release and the fast update

12. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Well I was about to say nice job but I'm getting this really weird yellow flickering piss-filter on all games with crossfire enabled. If I disable crossfire in the profile it disappears. AMD, innovating in creative ways to piss off the end user.

edit: So I disabled crossfire in what's left of CCC and renabled it. Restarted windows and all seems well. Very strange.

I like the new interface, much quicker and so far performance seems good on all games I tested. The only other issue I've had is the flickering compass in FO4.

13. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    Just played a couple of hours of Killing Floor 2.

No Shader Cache file(s) created whatsoever. Looked all over my drive for it (C: root directory, AppData, etc.).

This was with Shader Cache set to AMD Optimized though. Should I set it to just "On"?

14. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    AMD optimized seems to be off for most games. You will have to add the game to Radeon Settings and set it to on.
    Shader Cache should be generated just after you launch the game.

15. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB

16. vdelvec

vdelvec Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    I need to uninstall these. My FuryX rig is running at least 15% slower with these "drivers". This will just teach me better never to trust AMD's driver "team" or.... what's left of it anyways.

17. thekiller299120

thekiller299120 Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390 8GB
    For those who are having problems with GTA V and Fallout 4, put the dlls catalyst driver 15.11.1 in the game folder, for the star wars, use the dlls catalyst 15:11

18. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    Yep, do this and report the issue through the program so they know.

Question also, do these not support the 6xxx series and only the GCN 1.0+ Cards?

19. Mercennarius

Mercennarius Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Tri-X R9 390X
    Anyone found a fix for the CNext.exe error? Mine pops up during every restart and also seems to affect my settings being saved each time. Super annoying and ive done two clean installs with DDU.

20. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    But but but um... can it run Crysis?