Download & Discuss - AMD Radeon Software Crimson Thread (Beta7 November 2015)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Havel, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I was wrong about Skyrim enb, still need the Fear profile to get adaptation and DOF(most DOF's) to work correctly. It's still more smooth then before though.

Also in many games my GPU's working at lower frequencies when playing in 5K, sometimes as low as 575 mhz :confused:

SW Battlefront is still bugged.

2. Uberplay

Uberplay Guest

GPU:
    280x (2)
  3. maceh

maceh Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X OC
    Me too, i have unistalled old driver with DDU... but error persist

4. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Known bug atm was there in 15.11.1 driver. I have a strong feeling this is a game bug and will need patching.

5. Indy

Indy Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 AMP!
    You are right indeed. I think I googled this about a year ago and somehow came to the conclusion it was VLIW. However, as it's an old GCN I did not get DX12 nor WDDM2.0 :-(

Thanks for clearing that up.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  6. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    39% Still waiting...

EDIT: Finished. Rebooting...

7. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    Works pretty good with DCS World 1.5 :D

8. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    This driver made wonders for me. BF4 dx11 increase is from 60 to 90+. Mantle from 90 to 120+.

Wither 3 is running so smooth. No stuttering at all even on big city's. 40 fps minimum on city's with most settings on ultra except shadows.

Also the profiles are very good. It auto detect all my games. I can now overclock my card to 990 with 70 maximum temp. Before i was reaching 80. The fps limiter now works.

This is an amazing driver for AMD.

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Afterburner apparently reports the wrong driver, i can't check now, as im back on the 15.9.1 BETAs, and my clocks are locked solid again, 1040Mhz. :D

What a faff on ive had though, uninstalled Crimsons, but after they uninstalled, was just stuck on a black screen, tried the old enter a few times to restart, wouldn't have it, mouse just blinked 3 times as normal when restarting etc..., but it wouldn't, had to hard restart, start windows normal.

Crimsons were off, so installed 15.9.1s again, went in fine, but after the restart, windows just loaded up hung, had no mouse pointer, just my desktop, couldn't do anything, CTRL+ALT+DEL, nowt, hard restarted again, then after the spinning balls, went into a bloody CHKDSK, after that finished and it had restarted again, windows loaded to a black screen, so had to turn my monitor off/on to get the picture, where i was greeted with the Xfire detected box, and all working fine, phew.

10. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I'm using the official now. Maybe it's because I have Dogmeat mission + Nick Val with me. That's technically 2 companions. Might be causing me a little slowness. It's still 50-60fps.

As far as people with clock problems. It seems like it's R9 300 only. My 290X doesn't stay pegged but it stays close to max in games that utilize.

11. xecuter116

xecuter116 Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7970 Crossfire
    Profiles aren't activating on my system. I'm running dual 7970s on Windows 10 64bit :(

12. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    I have this problem too. I set an FPS cap in FO4 to 60 and removed the Vsync via tweaker. FPS exceeds 60fps. Global works though.

Setting the game via EXE rather than steam ID doesn't change anything.

13. Tmfwow

Tmfwow Member

GPU:
    XFX r9 290 DD
    As fun as the hype was sadly back to 15.6 for me since they still haven't fixed the aspect ratio scaling issue introduced by Windows 10 and 15.7. I.E. you can't scale (stretch) lower resolutions to full screen in games like CS:GO. It's really a joke at this point to be honest since it works perfectly fine with 15.6 in Windows 10 but none of the following drivers.

14. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090

So you had the frequency drops too? Well they're good for FO4 after forcing AFR, so I'll keep them for now.
    Did you accidently played the Wicther3? It still not smooth here.

Still some tuning left for AMD.

15. xecuter116

xecuter116 Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7970 Crossfire
    Good to know that I'm not the only one. Any settings applied in the profiles have no effect for me.

16. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    This drivers is newer of older of 15.11.1 ?

17. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    It's driver numbers are higher for version. And it seems as good in FO4.

18. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    It works for me, I tried it on 10 or so games. Isnt this something specific for CS:GO? Have you reported it?

http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D23A3DE979

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah my cores just kept going up and down, was terrible in GTA V, they were dropping into the 300s some places, was dropping down to 30fps, switched to a single card, which was better, but core was still going up and down, but only from around 999 to 1040Mhz.

Evil Within locked fine at 1040, so no problems with that, but Alan wake was the same as GTA V, anywhere from 500 and up, same for Dying light.

Not sure whats up, some are saying its probably an Afterburner prob, as it shows the wrong driver version, but i never checked that, so couldn't verify it.

EDIT: I don't have the W3.

20. Tmfwow

Tmfwow Member

GPU:
    XFX r9 290 DD
    Edit: Yeah I've reported it. It does seem specific to CS:GO as I just tried it with wow and it stretch perfectly fine.