AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Download November 2015 - Beta 7

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    will it install over the Catalysts properly?

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Yeah, that will not be an issue.

4. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    650 megs for a driver?? wow...

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Sure you can, I just installed it via RDP. And as bonus this "Radeon Settings" runs via RDP too. (CCC did not start if you connected to system via RDP.)

6. ALILOVIC

ALILOVIC Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE TRI-X R9 290 4GB
    Hi,
    i have an an 7670M mobile graphic , so can i use this new driver?

7. norton

norton Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 G1 Gaming
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Not too bad so far, I can't seem to find a language setting however so it seems to be using the OS location setting as it defaulted to Swedish here, would have preferred it in English as the translation is pretty poor in places. :D

Also scans something (Programs info from the control panel?) as it added most of the games I had installed automatically which really slowed that part of Catalyst Next / CNext down so I had to remove the excess profiles one by one which took a while but now that's done and should hopefully not be a issue in the future. :p

According to the quick performance benchmarks on WCC there should be some pretty nice gains in a number of games I'm currently playing so I'm looking forward to seeing that in action as I test the drivers further.
    (Finally rid of the aging CCC2 interface, woohoo. :D )

9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    The improvements sound really promising. I just hope that they would copy NVIDIA's enhance AA (it's annoying when old game only has 4xMSAA max setting and forcing AA would give issues) and transparency AA (separate TrSSAA samples from MSAA) settings. Adaptive v-sync would be nice too and if they would add ability to force v-sync and triple buffering I would be thrilled (if it would work with windowed apps I would be amazed). Thankfully adaptive sync will eventually make v-sync irrelevant.

10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I thought they already had something like that since years back?

Setting the CCC MSAA to "Enhance" should activate something similar to MFAA where it adds x amounts of MSAA samples so at 2x MSAA with Enhance it would emulate 4x MSAA with less of a performance hit.

Together with that you could then either set the MSAA method to Adaptive or Supersampling with adaptive offering MSAA for transparent surfaces / alpha objects and well SSAA is SSAA.

However it all requires compatibility profiles to work in newer games, moreso for D3D10 and D3D11 and I'm unsure if OpenGL works at all with these alternate methods.
    (I know setting MSAA to Forced is pretty much futile in newer games, oh and before I forget EQAA as it's called when you enhance AA via CCC requires the game itself to also support MSAA so that's another limitation.)

EDIT: Also seems like the Edge-Detect algorithm is gone unless I'm blind.
    (Offered something like 12x MSAA quality at 4x MSAA and 24x MSAA at 8x but it was very demanding and might only have ever worked correctly with D3D9 though it could have been updated to D3D10+ later on, I'm not sure.)

EDIT: Oh and there's a new shader cache setting for these drivers, either off or AMD Controlled which I guess means it does like it's done with OpenGL titles for a while now and builds these cached shader files for faster loading or something, I'm not entirely sure what the advantage is.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015

11. realmadrid

realmadrid Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1050 TI MSI OC
    Omg i test assassin creed snidycat no lag no stturing thank you amd ui is amazing and lunch very fast wow i think the new option shader cache slove the problem stturing thank you AMD :banana:

12. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Is it recommended to remove the old CCC with DDU before installing this?

EDIT: Used DDU, seemed like the proper thing to do. :)

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It will remove it for you but it doesn't hurt to cleanly uninstall it first. :)

14. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I kind of hope this pushes Nvidia to improve Experience. Not only is it extremely slow to start but it's just slow to move around the pages as well. They should discontinue the legacy CP and move all the settings into experience. Modularize the install so people who don't want shadow play and stuff can disable it and not have the services running.

Overall I really like what AMD is doing here though. They are delivering GPU's over a wide variety of products and the interface needs to be workable on both tablets and desktop computers. It looks pretty good imo and obviously the new settings and enhancements are all nice additions.

15. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    Crash when opening screen tab..

edit update
    used amd uninstaller program to uninstall drivers and reinstalled, works great.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015

16. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
  17. aethius

aethius Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7770
    are this the same drivers as on AMD official page?

I'm downloading here because the AMD page is too slow, I think everybody is downloading right now

18. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Yes.

19. aethius

aethius Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7770
    Good. :banana::)

20. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Enhance option just enhances the regular AA to something equivalent to NVIDIA CSAA (AMD: EQAA). Both have similar limitations and do not always work well with all games, sometimes it reduces the AA quality even. NVIDIA doesn't support it any more. With NVIDIA you can enhance the in game 2xMSAA to 8xMSAA for example (or any other setting you want). It's great when some games have ****ty AA options like SW:TOR and forcing AA would cause visual issues.

With AMD transparency supersampling is tied to MSAA level as far as I know. With NVIDIA I could select 8xMSAA and 2xTrSSAA or 4xTrSSAA to save some performance. With AMD you have no control. Transparency MSAA works more or less the same.

They really should do complete overhaul to NVIDIA CP. It's outdated and old as heck. It's been like that for, what, 15 years or so? Game profile selector is a joke at the moment and the usability is a nightmare. That's not how you are supposed to use combo boxes.