Fallout 4 - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Somebody know how i disable the blur in power armor? I disabled blur all over the place, inis,...when im not in power armor, its good but in, the blurred sucks.

2. reno79

reno79 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming4GB
    I'm a few levels above but I can craft deep pocketed armour which allows me to carry even more. Currently at about 380 carry weight which if I invest a few perks wisely I can increase quite a lot more.

3. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    It feels like they've tried to make the skill system in such a way that it's hard (near impossible) to really go wrong. If you find that you're not powerful enough, or you suddenly decide you want to start playing stealthily, it's just a case of popping in a couple of skill points. There's no way to cock a build up, which is a shame because I'm not keen on hand holding. I used to like to plan out my characters based upon how I intended to play.

4. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Personally the only time I think mouse and keyboard is really necessary is with competitive shooters. For single player stuff I'd rather just sit back in my big armchair and play the game on my large TV.

Also, the skills maybe somewhat simplified but everything else in this is still extremely RPG. Picking up items, crafting, quests, etc. are all very RPG.

5. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
  6. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    You can do all of those things in many other games, none of which are considered by most as RPG's. A quest is just a mission or objective, they're part and parcel of all games. Picking up items is regular in almost any game, crafting is again common in games which aren't considered RPG's. Take DayZ for example, or one of the many similar releases.

I use a range of peripherals when gaming, I've tried playing shooters with a gamepad before and find the experience frustratingly uncomfortable compared to using a keyboard. Adventure games like Darksiders are another story, I also like using a fight stick for beat'em up titles. Playing a game like Elite Dangerous or a flight sim without a flight stick feels equally wrong to me. I like to use the best tool for the job.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    thx a lot. that did it for me i managed to escape in god mode and now im back and everyone is happy with and peaceful with me again XD

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    actually i am playing this game since the shooting mechanics are good with mouse and keyboard wireless, it just feels so much better when you aim and shoot or when you hip fire, u can aim the way you want with kb mouse setup.

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Thats great, and you didnt even have to get a facial reconstruction in diamond city :p

10. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Hitboxes are fine.

But you're right something is a bit off (from time to time).

Look up "aimbot fix" at nexus, there's a few that explain why your perfect shot sometimes misses.

But my biggest complaint is how much input lag (as I've mentioned before) this engine has. Then again, up until this day there's only 2 games that succeed at having half decent mousemovement at lower framerates (Crysis & Metro).

Also, I get this feeling that this is an engine that would probably fare much better in a DX12 environment (draw calls, etc near crowded cities).

11. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Each their own. I'm enjoying the Fallout 4 world even if it's just numbers going up.

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    DO NOT MAKE A NEW GAME WITH THE BETA PATCH!!!!

Game is broken, restarted four times now, restarted PC, steam, saved in different locations but it is broken!!!

Going to the first terminal to open the door after picking up the 10mm pistol off the table.

Once in the terminal screen you scroll down and select "open door". Once you press TAB to exit the terminal you will be stuck in first person view able to move the mouse but now WASD does not work and you will be stuck in the same position.

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    yup i had to spend 24hrs back at the rocket and at the museum and get bck to good neighboor

14. WildAce

WildAce Guest

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    you need to lock your fps to 60fps, that terminal bug is from your fps going well above 60.

15. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    I like the fact that a lot of the locations have their own little stories to them that you find out through terminals and holotapes etc, it's always satisfying when you figure out what happened in them.

So I think there's more to it than just gathering items and levelling up, even though I have to admit that I always enjoy the hoarding aspect!

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    But that would be pretty boring wouldnt it?

Also must be hard to make your post in a single post. :bang: :puke2:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  17. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    It kind of gives me this Stalker feeling sometimes, atmosphere not as strong but something remind me of it.

im 42 hours in and level 31 atm. Am i okay to go to glowing sea for the quest?

I cant wait for new Elder Scrolls now tbh. I bet we will have castle building or some sort in it! At least i hope so!

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Aye? what are you on about?:D

19. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I doubt that is the reason. Locked my fps at 105 fps and no issues.

Atmosphere, weather conditions, ... have drasticly improved. No doubt they took a few pointers from other games :nerd:

20. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    100FPS to be exact. thats the perfect lock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.