[Official] - Windows 10 TH2 RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    People getting the failed upgrade, no matter which method, check this

[​IMG]

2. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    they definitely have lots to fix. like why the hell are some settings reverting to defaults after every build update (some crap in the privacy section and the freakin timezone)? why does installing some drivers -like intel mei/nvidia- corrupt sfc scans? I question why i put up with this bs every time i use my pc these days but whatever. Still haven't seen anything dx12 which really is the only reason for this os..

3. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    its going to be awhile before things are fix.

maybe 2 years..

4. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    Plain and simple, it was removed from the tool because too many people were having trouble to get it to work and some were actually getting 10240 through it anyway, even before the change. I experienced that happening a week ago. I'll bet that when those who have not received the build through WU finally do, it will be a greatly patched up build.

I still have not received it btw. 10240 is still working perfectly for me like it has from day one and I did an upgrade, with the tool, from 8.1. The tool to upgrade to 10586 never worked for me.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015

5. wheeljack12

wheeljack12 Guest

I heard about MS dumping 10586 off of isos and updates. But I just got a cumulatve update for build 1511 10586 this morning (est US, Canada) when i booted up.

6. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Weird, only defender updates here. Are you an insider?

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    OMG!

I deleted dx9.dll part from Reshade - sweetfx and what do you know L4D2 starts with original fastprox.dll lol.. Let me check if he updated dx9.dll.. It use to work ok with it at first...

Damn it, I want chromatic aberration :D

EDIT: ok his new v1.1.0 works ok again, phew! :nerd:

I had some old 0.1.6 beta before..

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    They've only removed the ISOs, the WU is still available

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Still have the 10586 ISO. Since didnt get TH2 update, a week ago I used the ISO for an in-place upgrade. Got stuck at 27% for over an hour so aborted it and rolled back. After a little googling, disconnected all my non OS drives and tried again. This time update proceeded quickly (around 20 min).

An annoying issue I found is that folder settings and desktop icons would not hold, they would reset too often. Made an image of the TH2 update and restored a pre-update image. Will try it again in a few weeks and hopefully new updates or fixes would appear that can fix this.

10. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I had to do the same when updating 10240 with the 10586 ISO. Only OS drive installed would let me get past 0%! :)

11. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    Im getting the Desktop Icons issue since updating too.

12. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Noticed at work that we have to use CTRL+ALT+DEL a lot more when logging on or unlocking Windows using a PIN code. The simple click on the space bar to get to the screen where the PIN must be entered doesn't seem to work half of the time.

Tested on both Pro and Enterprise build 10586.11. Could be different when using passwords, didn't try yet :p

EDIT: I think it's actually Update KB3118754 causing this issue. Problem seems to have started only after november 19th IIRC.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  13. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    I tried to the education version at the moment. TH2 1511. did anyone notice that windows update will not look for updates unless I am signed in? does anyone notice this on any other build. ?? or is this some new crap MS is pulling on us now

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Windows update works just fine with Local account,

Less you talking about the actual User Sign to get to desktop?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  15. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Updated to 10586.14 now.

16. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    Well, I am now on Threshold. It says version 1511, build 10586.14. The bad part is that I had to do a completely clean install and lost everything. What happened was that I read somewhere that all SATA controllers should be set to IDE in the BIOS. I changed mine and tried to upgrade from a disk. It failed again, and now the computer would not boot into Windows at all. Checking with the repair tools said I no longer had any installation of Windows. Booting from a disk and trying a reset wouldn't even work. After trying everything to restore boot, I finally used the MiniTool Partition Wizard on a CD to delete all partitions on the drive thus wiping out everything. I then used a disk I had created from the 10586 disk ISO I had previously downloaded with the Media Creation Tool (before they pulled it). I booted from the disk and installed Windows 10 with no problems. I recovered all of my personal files from the AOMEI backup I had done on the second HDD but now I'm in the long process of installing all of my programs again. I have most of the regular stuff reinstalled. Now I have to do the games. I have to reinstall Steam, Origin, Uplay, and GOG Galaxy and redownload the games I want to continue playing. I was able to copy over World of Warcraft in it's entirety from the backup file and it works fine. There may be a way to copy Steam and LOTRO over but I'll have to check. I know I did it with one or both of those before.

Threshold is working very well but really doesn't seem any better than 10240 was. It has already received a few updates.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Who told you to set the SATA controllers to IDE?

You definitely do not need to do that, and that is why Windows wouldn't boot again

You can't change from SATA to IDE after install and expect it to still boot, without messing about with Windows registry and drivers prior to doing so

And even then, IDE will cripple your HDD transfer speeds

18. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    IDE=one line driving..

sata=multiple lanes driving....

19. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    the other day when checking for updates it was telling me error and to sign in. now today its not. 8.1 was perfect compared to 10 i enjoyed it. i am thinking of going back lol

20. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    i played L4D2 all night last night. whats up with yours?