Geforce game ready driver 359.00 whql

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by norton, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Vlooi

Vlooi Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon vii
    I checked. It needs the internet to download some c++ redistributable if your setup does not have it already installed. That is why some can install without internet, others not.

2. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    from release notes:

Windows 10 Issues

Driver installation will fail if GeForce Experience is a selected component and the system is either in safe mode or without a network connection. [200151914]

3. Braadkip

Braadkip Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    It can also happend without Geforce Experience selected.

4. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Still to fix the no MFAA with SLI and no DSR with SLI and Gsync monitors..

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Driver has been running great (forgot to monitor my temps...) but other than that no issues so far when playing SOMA, Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Alien Isolation and Project Reality.

6. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    I'm not using Geforce Experience. 358.91 is working fine without internet connection and Visual C++ redistributable.

7. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    anyone getting green lines on screen sometimes with these then going away?

8. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Not me. But those could very well be a sign of the video card memory being clocked to high/overheating/going bad. Doesn't have to be, though.

9. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    no overclock here. happens at random. im also using a 4k monitor with hdmi 2.0. happens at random. also changed my motherboard from z1z0-a asus to a sabertooth mark 1. didnt have it until now. also games play stable and perfect. so seems weird

10. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    and just another problem i just see when playing residente evil revolations 2 i guet on some áreas red lines green sometimes full i cant see shi......... First watching movies with pot player at 60fps.Now this,Alan awake slow abit since the last ones but they work fine on alien isolation,bf3,etc

11. beppe_7

beppe_7 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    does it happen across the whole screen sometimes? then goes away? the lines

12. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    this is the first driver that i got TDR in both starwars and starcraft, upped the voltage by 10mv, do they mess with the overclock?

13. dreamlord

dreamlord Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 1GB DDR5
    they again didn't fix bf bad company 2 issue, it's now totally impossible to play...

sc**w you nvidia!

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    It's not caused by any one thing. This isn't the first time we've experienced a tdr issue. I've read that people are getting them by being on their desktop, not even doing anything.

15. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Been replaying Fallout 3 (damn a extremely unstable game), and Fallout New Vegas, amazing how these games seem so much better than Fallout 4. Odd thing is all of a sudden with these drivers, both older Fallout games run both my Titan X's at 95-99%. Which seems extremely odd.

I also have a issue that if my computer goes into sleep mode and I wake it up, sli does not always seem to work ingame, some games will use sli while others wont. If I reboot then sli works in all games that support it. Running Windows 7 sp1 64bit, all updates installed, all latest drivers.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015

16. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    16-bit resolution DSR still broken
    AA Stutter bug still exists. SMH Nvidia.

I'm surprised they aren't forcing GFE on us yet.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Not sure if the fault is with the driver or the game but with the game ready v359.00 driver I am seeing what look like very ugly white seams between wall textures in Assassin's Creed Syndicate when using TXAA or MSAA. These 'seams' are particularly noticeable indoors and seem to run vertically up the walls at intervals and are very distracting.

I seem to recall that AC Unity had a similar issue with TXAA and MSAA until it was eventually fixed. I am surprised to see them in this game however seeing as this game-ready driver lists the game as one of the supported titles!!! :3eyes:

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Sometimes I'm too lazy and just don't check "Clean install", result is oddly enough a display driver reset, even a silent one. Like yesterday when I played WoW, the screen started to blink and the game got tabbed out then back in again...no error message though.

19. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    is it me..

or should nvidia worry about fixing current problems while releasing game ready drivers.

they shouldnt even use that word("game ready")

because they never are ""game ready""

I need a frankenbuild computer with nvidia sli and AMD crossfire.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    AVP2010 is another game with bugged mouse cursor..

It gets oversized and Low Quality after 1620p DSR... Older drivers didn't have such bug.