[Official] - Windows 10 TH2 RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Nov 12, 2015.

1. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    The mouse I use at my TV is a Logitech M185 and it was visible until I just turned my computer on a little bit ago.

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Do you have setpoint installed?

3. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I was trying to avoid this so as not to have a second Logitech software that messes things up all the time. Been doing fine with the windows generic driver for years now.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I still use 6.32 for (desktop wave pro kb) any thing past that is bugg and at best imo.

Soon as i get new keyboard with on board profiles I wont have setpoint installed let alone running. LGS is installed but never used as i just use the On board profiles for the G502

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ok, Im joining the party too.. Windows 10240 refresh and then iso update Th2 did it..

Now the pain to reinstall all.. Ok I kept personal files, at least something..

6. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    If you're going to do that, you may as well back everything up and then do a wipe and clean install.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Why?

It deleted all app data and apps, etc But kept my personal files..

It works ok, even Rift that I had bugs before, it crashed at start..

Ok except L4D2, for fck sake.. Im verifying it now.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    welcome to the party of guinea pigs. i got ask though are boot time desktop normal or much longer like some of us

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I booted at least 7-8times and nothing special, boots fast..

But yeah L4D2 is fcked.. :\

The only fix still is to rename fastprox.dll file in wbem folder.. part of WMI,

wdf did valve do to this game or windows, idk.. I remember by fresh win8.1 > win10 upgrade back in early August it worked ok, but after steam or windows update (around 18th August) it didn't anymore, still same **** now..:3eyes::mad:

People keep saying verify cache, by some it apparently worked but not here.. So far only game @ Steam.. Fail!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    fastprox.dll is fix for l4d2?

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes renaming it to e.g. fastprox_old.dll then it starts normally.. otherwise game crash by start with shaderapidx9.dll as cause..

Tf2 or CsGo using same shaderapidx9.dll and no issues.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    got love the incompatibity issue with "OS" updates. glad you final got on 1151 build question becomes was it worth the hassle you had to go threw.

I like Windows 10 and actual likey the new starmenu just not how the listed the programs list in it, or this XAML stuff it no where as fast and responsive. But damn I reinstalled the OS 5+ times since I switched which more times then I installed windows 7 on the same system. when thing go wrong in windows 10 they go horrible wrong to point of reinstall atlest for me. unlike win7 where I actual could fix it before resorting to reinstall.

OS is stable but the above reason is why I have not put it on other computers, the people (mostly family which some i dont think should touch computers) system i deal with wouldnt take kindly to have to have there system reinstalled. I been tell them for years to keep all documents and files that they need to saved on the back up drive I put in there systems for the reason. but they all still refuse to do that. Do this has cut my reinstall times down from days and weeks to get to less then 8 hours cause all that data and files are not on the system disk. Only person to learn this and that was hard way was my uncle his system disk failed and lost all his files that he actual needed.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes and no..

It finally fixed my XFI issue with headphones detection, RIFT and this msvcrt.dll, modern apps work ok too like before, e.g. weather, mail, photo app,..

Except L4D2 and DISM image is again corrupt lol.. Im going to use this now and see what's up
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=403981

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    after a fresh install of 1151 DISM said it was corrupt, my take another OS issue

15. AMDFreeSync

AMDFreeSync Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB
    Source: http://www.windowscentral.com/windo...ool-no-longer-has-build-10586-november-update

Look like a new build is coming soon if they remove 10586. to me, 10586 build is Windows 10 & not the so call RTM 10240 which to me was beta Windows.

16. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    GREAT! Another big update to possibly wreck things. More and more I'm hating Windows 10. How long do they plan on supporting 8.1? I may go back.

17. iafro89

iafro89 Member Guru

GPU:
    7900XT
  18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-explains-disappearance-of-the-windows-10-november-update

Weirdos.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Its openCL issue bug with windows syswow64 , at least that's what I saw when I goggled a bit.. I won't bother with it..

But this L4d2 is a pain, big one.. Was also one of the main reasons why I refreshed, just to see the same story as before.:infinity:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  20. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    It could also have been removed from all the issues people are reporting with this build. Once my break starts I'm planning on doing a clean install of Build 10586 as there are clearly issues if you just do an upgrade. I myself have noticed a clear reduction in the responsiveness of the OS from 10240 as well as some issues during boot up.