Download and Discuss Catalyst 15.11.1 Beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by HerrFornit, Nov 16, 2015.

1. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    If my browser (IE11 in my case) freezes the system or behaving anyhow badly (with latest beta's) I'm putting dlls from last whql version in .exe folder ("C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer" in my case). Issues are gone after that...usually. Pro tip :) Tho, I'm always using IE. ALWAYS...since 95 :D ...dunno if it will help with others.

2. fardeenah

fardeenah Guest

GPU:
    R9 270X 2Gb
    this drivers causes my black ops 3 to to crash , everytime it fails driver error etc

3. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    I did completely wipe with DDU & CCleaner. Installed these drivers, disabled ULPS, overclock same clocks I always do ==> Battlefield 4 starts fine, suddenly game stutters and GPU usage drops over 90% to 70% and stays there. These drivers are broken.

EDIT: Same procedure: but 15.10 Beta ==> Crossfire works normally. 95-99% GPU Usage, very high fps.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  4. kimpet

kimpet Member

GPU:
    Powercolor R9 270X Devil
    It freezed my google chrome then i get this BSOD It said the newly hardware causing it bla bla bla so I decided to remove my gpu and put it back its OK now no more BSOD no more freeze in google chrome I spent 5hours playing and my temps back to normal usually before it goes 80c now its 70c

5. nichenstein

nichenstein Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 295x2
    Terrible Call of Duty Black ops 3 performance, flickering, shutter 1-3sec.. fps drop... will change soon to Nvida side i think, its just to annoying

6. someonelikeyou

someonelikeyou Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 5500 XT
    GPU usage all over the place in Fallout 4 with the latest drivers...

Here's a video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S-P3PcsRmg

the interesting thing is that when I pause the game or open the game console it stays pretty much all the time at 100%. When I'm playing the game, doing basic stuff like jumping or just standing still, even while gun fights are going on it will go from 100% to 1% to 7%, sometimes 20% all the time giving me horrible stutter.

GPU usage is the percentage to the far right

Location I tested it on:
    [​IMG]

Specs:
    FX-6300
    1x 4GB DDR3 Corsair
    PowerColor R7 260x

7. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Did you even check the system requirements before you bought the game?

Minimum
    Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
    Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
    8 GB RAM
    30 GB free HDD space
    NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

8. someonelikeyou

GPU:
    RX 5500 XT
    Are you implying the GPU usage is going down because of my RAM?

9. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    The fact is your rig has not the minimum amount of RAM to properly play this game even at minimum settings.

10. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I ran Fallout 4 with one card at 1080p and this is the memory usage in Diamond city:
    [​IMG]

It uses 2.66 GB of system memory and 6,90 GB virtual memory. The total amount of commited memory is about 9.5 GB. This is the average memory usage in the game. The game sometimes even uses more system memory and virtual memory.

Because you only have 4GB the game needs to use more virtual memory (= much slower pagefile on your HDD or SSD). This can cause stutter or if you run out of memory, it will even cause a system crash.

I'm not saying that this is the cause of all your problems, but i really do think that a lack of ram will cause problems. Honestly, 4GB is a bit on the low side for gaming these days. Especially 64bits games which can and usually use more memory than 32bits games.

Didn't you see the benchmark which proved that ram speed has huge impact on the framerate in Fallout 4? If that's really the case, imagine what would happen if the game needs to use your hard drive instead of your system memory? Your hard drive is a couple of thousand times slower than system memory.

Adding another 4GB stick can improve your gaming experience alot. Running your memory in dual channel mode will also improve your performance. You currently only use one stick.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Yes. Believe it or not the lack of system memory can induce all kinda of weirdness. You simply cannot play this game normaly with 4GB.

12. Weekend

Weekend Guest

GPU:
    1660 S
    fx8350
    r9 270x
    2x4GB
    1080p

my in game info shows ~6 GB of ram usage +~4 GB pagefile. I don't even know if that is normal :V
    so that might be it.

13. someonelikeyou

GPU:
    RX 5500 XT
    Alright let's pretend that devs never exaggerate on the minimum or recommended requirements and all the videos of people running games with specs below the minimum are all lies. Come on people of all the forums in the internet you would think this one wouldn't have such gullible people.

The amount of memory that is commited depends on how much memory you have, no? at least that's what I thought.
    Another thing, the stutter starts to happen after some time playing, when I load the game even if I'm in the most laggy areas the GPU usage won't vary as much and the FPS will be more stable. Do you think this might be related to the pagefile/lack of RAM as well? what confuses me is that in the video I posted I just stayed in the same place, why would my RAM be relevant if it's not loading anything else?

14. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    It doesn't really matter if you move or stand still. Your computer doesn't care about that. It's not like a human that can rest by not moving. It still needs to render every frame and your CPU still needs to use the same amount of memory.

Like i said before, i'm not saying that the amount of ram is the only cause of your problems, but i'm pretty sure that it can cause some heavy stuttering or even a game/system crash.

You have to understand that with 4GB of ram the windows memory management is constantly fighting a heavy battle to prevent your system from crashing.

I don't know if you have the money to buy another 4GB stick, but that would be a wise thing to do. The best would be to buy the exact same module and to run them in dual channel mode.

15. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    In this case is simply the truth even if you dislike.

Wrong.

The commited bytes are the amount of memory processes ask OS (including OS requests) to be committed in real and/or virtual pages (pagefile.sys) in HDD/SSD.

This amount is not related to you real RAM size (or RAM+pagefile.sys), it's only related to requests.

If you don't have enough memory as a whole to cover the requests you run out of memory.

Even having memory show as "free" in task manager.

16. nav-jack

nav-jack Master Guru

GPU:
    980 ti 1520/2000
  17. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    These drivers have visual glitches in SW BF.
    Some areas areas (snow map) have black patches and also flickering sky/textures.

18. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
  19. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    You want to prove the fact that the game doesn't stutter by a video that is stuttery as hell? I know you said that FRAPS did give you a huge performance hit, bit you call this "pretty smooth"? :p

You even seem to have some very small freezes after/while you jumped. Maybe you are used to a choppy image (which is fine), but it isn't smooth at all.

I wonder what happens if you come accros one of those CPU heavy areas.

20. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    They should release a quick fix or something for Battlefront. It's only one map that I've seen it for now, but the glitches are very annoying, and I don't like to have to change graphics settings when the map changes.