Star Wars Battlefront - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Nov 16, 2015.

1. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I can see it now.... An announcement from EA.. Single player campaign to be released July 5th 2016. For a reasonable $59.99. And all the kiddies will eat it up. The problem is.. These companies are only going to get worse. Doing anything to squeeze another dollar out of us.. Yes, vote with your wallet, a handful do. But so many are tempted to by the hype to buy a game,they will shell out the extra money to buy it.. Then b*tch about it later.

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    It makes no sense in being like all salty now in the main thread about it though.
    I personally wont buy it either, said it once and that will be it. If you just keep going on about that you wont buy it and how bad it is is not the thread for this im afraid.
    let the people who do enjoy the game discuss it in this thread and if you got complaints towards the game you can make you own thread about it np. like i said this is not the thread for it.

3. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    I always prefer 1st person if it's available, in any game (except RTS ofc). Even when flying I go 1st person. :)

Yeah Endor is amazing.

Havent tried hero hunt or heroes and villians yet, will try that tonite after work. I mainly been playing blast , supremacy and walker assault.
    To test my joystick and flying I tried out the singleplayer mission where you fly a speeder and take down AT-STs and AT-ATs. Then jumped into Fighter squadron, quite interesting and lots of players playing this mode.

4. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    People who played the game, does it get repetitive fast like titanfail? is it good value considering the low amount of content?

5. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I will know by tonight. Games just arrived at work.
    Busy making ISOs...don't have DVD drive in my PC at home.

6. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Although the game is young and people haven't unlocked the high level perks/guns, the game could still do with some balancing, mainly the thermal detonators, they have such a high death radius and are easy to use and get.:bang:

7. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Is this game worth buying? :)

I like the Star Wars movies and like Battlefield-like games.

8. WildAce

WildAce Guest

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    Some footage of Leia, first hero i and pretty much one of the first games i actually played in battlefront to check it out.

Overall impressions so far is its nothing too amazing, AMD runs bad at the start of a map but starts to normalize once everything loads properly it seems, you can notice it with the fps counter top right.

9. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I say YES.
    Never has a game had such atmosphere and depth. Assault Walker mode (having to destroy AT-ATs or protect, depending if your Rebels or Imperial) feels like you actually in a battle.

10. WildAce

WildAce Guest

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    it does take some getting used too the lasers, and their slower travel time than bullets, def. need to lead more, but you can also be more spammy as well.

Its really hard for me to not shoot a few time and try to hit R to reload like other games lol but there is no reload R just helps cool the gun if you let it over heat :(

Getting past that is tough at first. atleast for me i am a compulsive re-loader

11. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    I can agree with the atmosphere part, but depth? Come on now, this game is (with the exception of you) unanimously known as being very shallow. Is it fun? yes. Is it very atmospheric? yes. Is it deep? no.

Yes I own the game, btw. I am not bashing it, just stating that in no way does this game have depth.

12. Banky

Banky Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    First let me say that I have no delusions that this game is not ARMA (which I love) or the like, but I think the game is "deep enough" once you've played for a while and unlocked a few things. Then the depth comes from you and your play style. If you go for a few rounds in a row on the same server, where you are forced to switch from Empire to Rebels each map change, then you learn that tinkering with your hand unlocks works wonders depending on the map and side you're on. If you're a Stormtrooper on Tatooine then you want to go with straight up rebel scum mashing detonators and such. If you're a rebel on Sullust, you want to go with ion torpedoes, grenades, and shots to take down all the Empires vehicles coming down on you. On Hoth, you may want to leave off the jump pack for something else since there is a lot of fighting indoors or out in open space; but on Endor they can be useful to get up a hillside or up into the trees real quick. And again, all these things can be changed up depending on the game mode as well.
    You can definitely just jump in any game mode on any map and have blaster blazing fun, but you can also tinker with your loadout to make yourself the best Stormtrooper, or rebel scum, you can be in any situation.

13. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Depth was the word I did not want to use at the time but my mind was blank and struggled to conjure the word I wanted. I meant it was "immersive" :banana:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  14. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    LOL yea, my bad.

Immersive it is. AND....Fun!

15. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC

16. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
  17. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    That is review of the BETA, even Joe laughs about it in the end.

You don't own the game and haven't played it yourself.

18. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    I am at Level 9 and loving it sorry to say BF4 is on the back shelf for a while Star wars has all the battles I need.

19. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
  20. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    On the fence if buy or not, in terms of sound and atmosphere, the game nails it perfectly.

Gameplay? seems boring after a while, at least without the premium stuff.