Geforce game ready driver 359.00 whql

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by norton, Nov 19, 2015.

1. SturmButcher

SturmButcher Guest

GPU:
    Zotac AMP GTX 1070
    Nvidia and their s*h*it drivers lately... I am getting tired of their bad quality drivers with no fixes/improvements.

2. Margusx

Margusx Active Member

GPU:
    Msi GTX970 gaming 4g
    really then go try AMD thats the stuff. :) I belive you step back after few weeks.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  3. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    What fixes do you need?

4. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    I seriously need a fix for the mobile GPU temp throttling introduced by all Windows-10 drivers. As soon as my 680M hits 76°C, the card automatically drops utilization to 40-60%. The max fan starts at 78°C and is not manually configurable. So after 3mins of gameplay my card always drops utilization.

The only way to work around it is to use 347.88 or older (Pre-windows 10 drivers).

On a side note, a BFBC2 fix would be nice.

5. SturmButcher

SturmButcher Guest

GPU:
    Zotac AMP GTX 1070
    I was in AMD boat 1 year ago, and never seen a problem.

6. SturmButcher

SturmButcher Guest

GPU:
    Zotac AMP GTX 1070
    Cr*ap GPU usage in a few games, texture flickering in some games, and two games with heavy stutter from time to time.

I am tired to see just" game ready drivers" Nvidia only focus in AAA games to make themselves look good in benches but most of the underrated titles the experience is awful.

7. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Next upgrade will be AMD for sure. At least they acknowledge issues.

8. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I'm sure a lot of people are running Quake 3 on 4 Titans these days. This must be their primary point for all the driver development. Everything else must wait.

If you have lag and/or stuttering - lower the prerender limit.
    If a game is crashing on startup - check if it crashes on one GPU as well and if it does - check your system for software and hardware issues.

9. Margusx

Margusx Active Member

GPU:
    Msi GTX970 gaming 4g
    Sinece you use Z97 board i can confirm stuttering sometimes all behind this issue is user and drivers sometimes its take days or weeks to get system smooth running. Most stuttering behind is intel MEI to get use it have to completly power off sysem and remove power cable for 5 minutes to reset ME
    If no go try other version.

10. SturmButcher

SturmButcher Guest

GPU:
    Zotac AMP GTX 1070

ok, I will try, thanks, but can you explain what ME reset is? CMOS reset? and I found MEI drivers but all of them point to NUC intel based boards and kits, doesn't matter?

11. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    everyone that is running windows 10....

you have to wait for nvidia to fix things. there is performance problems still...

not everyone has them. but its there.

maybe will have to wait for 360.00 version before seeing performance.

12. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    GPU temp throttling is usually not a problem but a feature to prevent damage to your components.
    The problem is mostly the Laptop itself. Check if there is a bios update for it or get a cooling pad.

13. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    kinda sad though it throttling at 76c.

hell my one gpu hits 93c and it still isnt throttling..

14. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    that is really not the point. I have new games as well and they exhibit many of the same issues. Example is SOMA, Kholat (unreal 4 engine), Outlast, Metro redux, pryiapat etc. Those games experienced the same or different issues after driver 353.62.

The point is that there was a major change after 353.62, and that change has crippled what was working better and well before that moment.

I wanted the newer driver to resolve some fallout 4 issues, WITHOUT sacrificing the games I already have. Incidentally 4 GPU sli on fallout is not resolved in 359.00

15. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    Maybe I lost the track of the issue but was the DX11 draw call issue fixed for Fermi under Windows 10 in any of the driver updates? I don't feel like reinstalling with Windows 7 just to check this out.

16. Island

Island Guest

GPU:
    2 EVGA 980Ti ACX 2.0
    Yeah good luck with that.... Have you seen their market shares lately? I wouldn't be shocked to see that AMD went under in the next few years. I hope that never happens though as competition drives the consumer market and better hardware for us.... That being said we shall see. There were some rumors of Samsung picking up the failing Company and perhaps buying them out....Again, we shall see....

17. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Weird thay most of u guys having problems with every driver, i dont have a single driver problem and still going strong lol.

18. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    same her i got no issue. i wanna see NV control panel & GFE load more faster. i saw some improvement but i'm still not satisfied.

19. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Yeah thats the only thing that bothers me to.

20. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    All good here too everything works fine