Fallout 4 - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    It's literally a two second interaction, nothing connected to it or any quest.

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Loool, if you dont start using spoilers, im going start pm'ing some spoilers to you and not just from this game:D

To be fair, It is a spoiler. Nothing needs to be tied to a quest for it to be considering spoiler tag worthy.

If the game features moments where something appears to be X but surprises the player with Y, then its clearly meant to be something to catch players off guard and as such its spoiler tag worth.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It is a spoiler? I thought it was just a random event... it's not a part of the story.

I will stick spoiler tag on just in case.

---------------

It's up to those who quoted me to fix their posts.

4. topcat77

topcat77 Master Guru

GPU:
    msi gaming 6900xt
    I have been looking at this game for some time but just don't know if I would like it . I know its open world and you fight zombies/creatures . These are my concerns .
    1, Do you have to read every little thing to do any thing ?

2, What game would this be similar to ? Say BF4 or Far Cry maybe ?

3, would my pc handle it ? i7-4790k, 8gb ram, msi 970, windows 7 .

4 are the keyboard/mouse customizable ?

Any information would be awesome .

5. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    I think you're are meant to stay towards the top left of the map and gain experience there in the beginning. Someone posted a "heat map" of the enemy levels and it gets higher as you radially get further from Sanctuary.

I wish I'd have known this earlier, would've saved me a lot of grief!

6. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Yeah witcher 3 got a bit boring for me. Still have the Dlc to do.

Lvl 30 atm gonna take it easy and play something else (which will be hard as it's a brilliant game although it does have perf issues etc).

Failed my first quest, didnt notice my settlement was being raided and then had to repair it.

p.s Skyrim was better in that all the mods were on steam and if I rem I just copied most of your library white....seems a shame they arent going to do this?

My tip of the day is to get at least one upgraded wep to fire .38 asap so you dont use the pipe guns which are very weak. Got a .38 upgraded sniper rifle that at least one shots raiders now. (with stacks of ammo n rifle perk lvl 3).

oh some pip boy and power armor locations on this guys vids..(obviously some spoilering but they are easily missed).

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6GwrkxZRmxvnTdvUDBbN-jslmwX7fIhU

p.p.s his armour looks a lot better then mine..(a cape?)

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    1. if you enjoyed far cry 3 and 4, then yes.
    2. Nothing like Bf4, and the gunplay in this is pretty bad imo.
    3. Your pc will handle it fine going by those specs, but the game needs patching.
    4. No

Damien_Azreal has got the same cpu/gpu/ram as you, he's reporting stable/great performance. There are issues, but its easily the best performing beth release.

8. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I don't think Skyrim mods were on Steam the first week the game was released.

Give Bethesda some time to release the official modding tools:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/G.E.C.K._(editor)

9. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    1. Is not mandatory but the lore add inmersion to the gameplay.

2. This is not a FPS but is not a RPG anymore in the sense they have stripped a lot of RPG aspects from the game in order to make it more casual/"console-ish" :(

3. Yes

4. No by the game settings.

There is a least a way to do it via AH script look in this mod page, there are several users scripts to avoid doing yours from scratch:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/146/?

10. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Well nearly 40 hours in and I am loving the game, the start was a bit rocky, but it gets you in to the game an awful lot faster than the rather boring Vault dwelling stuff from F3. Shocked at how mcuh I have been using stuff in this game that I really didn;t use in the last game, for example the power armour and melee weapons get used an awful lot more than they ever did in F3.

Gunplay seems to be fine, to the degree that I am also using VATS a whole lot less than I did in F3 and having unlocked a few perks I am now at the stage where their are so many perks I want to try it really is hard to choose which one to go for. Beyond that, liking the look of the game, the atmosphere works just as well as F3 and the game runs butter smooth with everything maxed and while the graphics are hardly cutting edge they certainly do the job well enough.

I am even quite liking the main story, oh it's the exact same story as the last one, escape the Vault to go find someone but it looks like their is quite a bit more going on beyond, mind you saying that F3 seemed to be going somewhere and then ended up on a two choice conclusion that was somewhat dis-appointing.

In fact I hate this game, I hate it because Kerbel Space Program 1.05 just released and I really want to try some stuff with that but just don't have the time, finding it really hard to pull myself away from F4 and with Just Cause 3 out next month it seems KSP may just have to wait

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    FFS! even the launcher is bugged!

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    1. You don't have to... but it's highly recommended. You'll get a better understanding for the history/lore of the series. And, at times, reading letters or listening to holotapes can unlock additional quests.

2. Neither. Out of the two, it's closest to FarCry 3 or 4, but only due to the open world setting. Fallout 4 is an RPG with FPS elements. It's not a shooter, but, can be played as one.

3. Yes, your PC should run it fine. The only differences between our systems is I have 16GB or ram, and a slightly different motherboard model. But, it should run fine.

4. Yes and no. You can remap the controls. But, certain keys are hard coded and even when you remap them to other functions, they retain the default function.

13. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Key binds can be an issue, especially if you use arrow keys like me. I use GlovePIE to remap but there are others programs out there too.

My current remap setup...it's a mess.

[​IMG]

To be that out of the loop on Fallout games seems like you won't like it.

14. topcat77

topcat77 Master Guru

GPU:
    msi gaming 6900xt
    Thanks everyone . The key mapping is a must for me as I use the arrow keys and that side of the board . I suppose I will have to get just cause 3 then .

15. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Ive just gone over 30 hours mark and im loving it! Cant get enough of it.

But why did they have to have to many settlements?! I want just one big base and not care about other ones :( and they all have separate material storage as well! Now i am split between 2 locations, sanctuary and some other one!!!

16. LiquidFrost

LiquidFrost Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3080 Master
    First perk in Local Leader will allow you to set up supply lines from settlement a to b. Shares not just food/water, but contents of workbenches.

17. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Thanks for that! i am so using that :D

18. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    This is the best Fallout 4 SLI profile yet. Works brilliantly.

SET the SLI compatibility Bits DX11: 0x080000F5
    SET Nvidia predefined numbers of GPU SLI rendering: TWO, THREE or FOUR
    SET Nvidia predefined SLI on DirectX 1x: AFR

[​IMG]

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I have completely ignored every settlement.
    I've done them, for the XP. But, I've set up my crafting stations, my house... all my stuff around the Red Rocket gas station you find Dog at.

No annoying people. The only companions there are the ones I've sent there... all the annoying ones... back in Sanctuary.

20. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.