Fallout 4 - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sephking

sephking Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    Are there any fixes for the stuttering in the game? It's got significantly wore and is making it borderline unplayable.

2. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    ive had a few of these CTDs as well. they seem to occur in cities, especially around diamond city. ill be playing along and then desktop out of nowhere with no error. its totally random too...once i had only played about 30min but it usually takes 1.5hrs+ before this happens. most sessions it never happens at all.

at first i though it was related to the vogue lite ENB booster/reshade preset which i have been using, but it crashed without these as well. i would rather keep them anyway since it helps to darken nights and tones down the washed out brightness during the day while also making things feel 'smoother' than without ENB booster.

the crashes arent really game-breaking, what is annoying me more are the bright lights that bleed through walls and structures...near diamond city some of the lights from inside the city are visible through multiple walls and completely wash out whatever is on the screen. had this happen with other interior lights too. needs to be fixed.

other than that i havent really noticed much bug-wise, its the best bethesda game in this department ever for me.

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Im enjoying this game so much its insane. How can it not get boring, which i usually have with other open world games like the witcher 3.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    For me, performance has gotten worse the more i discover things. Almost unplayable, even areas where i use to get a steady 60 have dropped to 45-50.

Waiting for a patch as dropping everything to low as well as using a lower res doesnt make a difference.

5. Sergio

Sergio Guest

GPU:
    Asus 760 DirectCU II OC
    This fixed my whole microstutter , if i remove this command from ini, it begins to stutter alot. BUT, you need to keep fps near 57-60, or game will slow alot on low fps. I dont know what this command do but i am not kiddin, try yourself and see if it will help. Extra, i am not using ingame vsync or nvidia, but ENBoost vsync and 60fps limiter. I edited my settings to get always near 57-60, even on big cities. Sadly 1440x900, but no more stuttering. Shadow distance at 3000.

Fallout4.ini

[General]
    iFPSClamp=60

edit: here is my config files, check and compare with yours if you want.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/e3997l96hqbxw4l/Fallout4Configs.rar

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This breaks the game by stopping you from being able to enter vaults. It also causes the game to run in slow motion if you go below 55fps.

To fix stutter, cap the fps and/or set the game to borderless fullscreen.

7. Sergio

Sergio Guest

GPU:
    Asus 760 DirectCU II OC
    Thanks alot for informations, i tried all those solutions, sadly none worked. But only this command. And yes i lowered my resolution to get always 55-57+ fps on big cities. Stuttering was insane.

"stopping you from being able to enter vaults" , i didnt experience yet, but if happens i will know why it happen , thx :)

8. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    For me Steam Overlay was causing similar issues. When my "Tab" (PipBoy) button stops working, I usually have to enter Steam Overlay and exit, which allows it to work again.

9. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Bethesda seems to have found a special formula who improves gameplay in his open world games.

I spend several hundred hours playing FO3/Oblivion and don't get bored.

Right now i played for more than 6 hours and i'm still on the initial quests without any intention to rush my gameplay.

Real minutes pass like seconds in this game and i enjoy it.

:)

10. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Even if you buy card he will call you a retard immediately after the transaction.. bullets to the head indeed ;)

11. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Well, my vault 81 is broken. Can't enter the door correctly, and it completely broke my VATS. I was able to fix VATS, but I still can't enter Vault 81 correctly. I can "TCL" (no clipping) to go through the door, but the conversation sequence that is supposed to happen once you open the door is broken and some of the NPCs are broken as well.

Anyone discover a way to reset vault 81 or to force that sequence to happen? I tried numerous commands (unlock, activate, disable, enable, lock, etc) on both the door and the controls but they didn't work.

EDIT: How to fix the broken VATS for anyone who has the same issue:
    http://imgur.com/a/770N4

12. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    I'll make one...for ~100.000 dollars... :p

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Great find!:)

Samething happened to me, this caused by using iFPSclamp=60.

theres actually a few ways things/vats greaks in this game..
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185931596&postcount=3953
    For those with the night scope/recon scope bug.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3sf4zx/for_those_with_the_night_scoperecon_scope_bug/

14. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
  15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/thanks-and-updates/2015/11/19/53

16. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Ah thanks, i will try it next time!

Haha brilliant, i havent met him yet lol

Came across another bug, was doing a story mission and had to interact with something but it keep saying im in combat :( Dammit!

17. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I met a lady asking for help for her friend and I followed her and it turned out to be an ambush by raiders.

they all died.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  19. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Goddamnit I keep stumbling in areas enemies are way higher level than me, needed to quicksave/load about 100 times in the boston state house thingy.

****ing mirelurks and their ****ing bull**** queens and **** you too with your gay ****ing near-one hit kill ranged attack you ****

20. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Do you know what spoilers means?

:chainsaw2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.