Fallout 4 Performance Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by RexOmnipotentus, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Imo Windows 7/8.1 run better Fallout 4 than Windows 10 TH2.In win10 the game is loading much slower,even with newer drivers.
    In Win10 i have CTD after multiple loadings (F9).
    No stutter or lag in win7/8.1.Is just my opinion,maybe other guys dont think that. :)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  2. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Yeah. I remember how AMDMatt was so excited about telling us how W10 would be so much awesome with AMD GPU's and CPU's..."just you wait!" he was telling us :D ...figures.

3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I don't have stutters with TH2. I see FPS drops though in heavy drawcall areas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYoY32Ezp7M

4. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    You will see some flickering bodies in AFR friendly mode (very noticable). Didn't have any other issues so far. Playing at 4k with a stable 59FPS (locked it to 59FPS because of FreeSync) and the game looks much better now without all the brightness gone. Of course i had to set shadow distance to medium, because of the cpu bottleneck. God rays are set to low. Everything else is maxed out.

If someone gives my console commands a try, please let me no if it worked for you or not. ;)

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It's probably my RAM then, or the CPU memory controller. I can't even boot at 1866 with the same timings.

That's unexpected actually.

They probably have written a new pipeline for the thing and integrated tessellation settings in there.

6. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Unexpected for sure. That is why I actually said anything at all. I wasn't expecting that at all. I still wish bethesda would ditch their horrid thing of an engine for the next what ever game they will make.

@RexOmnipotentus

Your comparison shots made the game look way better.

7. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I really like the look i created with the console command. It's way better than the normal settings. Even without CrossFire the game is just to bright. Everything shines and glows. It's way to much :p

8. mehdi

mehdi Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5970
    whats settings are you using at 4K with 2 290x?

Im running the game in 4K by the way. I hope AFR friendly mode isn't causing to much problems while playing. I will report back as soon as i find something.[/QUOTE]

9. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I don't have the x version, just two r9 290. Mostly everthing is maxed out. Shadow distance is set to medium, because of the cpu bottleneck in some places. Godrays is set to low. In CCC i have set tesselation to 8x. That's it.

So far AFR-friendly mode is working great. You will have some flickering here and there and every now and then you might see something strange, but it's nothing serious. Of course it's always better to have a really CrossFire profile without any problems, but AFR friendly mode enables me to play this game at 4K and everything just looks better. The bugged AO (looks very pixelated sometimes) doesn't bug me at all.

One of the strange things i saw was right at the beginning of the game. You can select a male or a female character. I didn't go for the female character, so i don't know how she looks in the rest of the game, but her face will become black in ARF-friendly mode. All the other NPC i've met so far don't have this problem. Their faces looked fine.

10. mehdi

mehdi Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5970
    thank you

11. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    It's not working fine here, there is some sort of CFX but i think is better to aply the AMD usual solution: disable it.

:(

I tried AFR and tes at 16 (maybe 8 improve it?) the FPS have improved but the flickering is very evident almost all tree around flicker constantly.

The GPU scaling is horrendous 52/12 or 20/40, i never see it stay at more than 50/50 so the CFX is no giving any better than a single GPU working at max (if this was possible in this game right now).

12. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Wait what? I'm getting a steady 59 FPS in most areas. Maximum scaling with AFR friendly is 100/100 unless there is a cpu bottleneck. It gives me double the FPS. I played the game for a couple of hours with AFR friendly mode enabled and not once i saw a tree flicker. You did disable TAA right? If you leave that on the game will become bright everytime you move and becomes dark again if you stop. Very annoying and not pretty at all. It will also give you a huge performance hit. TAA is an absolute NO GO with CrossFire enabled. It simply doesn't work.

13. Sharoth

Sharoth Guest

GPU:
    XFX Merc 319 6900XT
    Works fine for me with the exception of the flickering.. Real apparent in the Perk Tree... I have since gone back to single gpu..

14. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I have FXAA set.

I reloaded the game this time i closed the 2 hundred palemoon tabs i had left open before.

:D

Maybe this has changed something, i don't see the flickering now but the day time has changed and it's not night at this moment, the scaling is still horrendous.

Maybe darker nights mod has something to do with this, i will try vanilla game.

I see a brief moment over 50/50.

15. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Nvidia God rays (=ultra godrays) are disabled? I don't know if that has an negative impact on.

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    God rays disabled.

I don't exepct any better until a game patch (or a few ones).

17. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    nothing changed. I did enable FXAA (didn't use it before) and enabled nvidia godrays and still 100/100 scaling. No flickering trees. Are the completely flickering or just some part of it?

18. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    All of them, i guess is something with mods.

I will try vanilla tommorow with tes at 8.

Now i must get ready for my night shift.

:)

19. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I just loaded the game. I'm just out of the Vault in the beginning, on the hill. With everything on max and Shadow Quality and Shadow Distance on High and God Rays on Low, I get a stuck 50fps (I have set the game at 1080p50Hz, after the horror stories I read in here). It hasn't dropped a frame yet. I've disabled its own Vsync and I'm using RadeonPro, along with Triple Buffering and the "Sync frame limiter to monitor refresh".

20. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    finally i can run my game smooth 60 fps all the time 98%