Freesync Not Working on some game

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by solo16, Nov 18, 2015.

1. solo16

solo16 Active Member

GPU:
    7900XTX OC
    Hi,

Just bought my MG279Q recently and it is awesome and freesync working like a charm! However, on some game like SwordCoast Legend and Pillar of Eternity the freesync isn't working and I've properly setup the in game setting but still it stick on 89(90Hz) on the monitor osd, while other title like Mad Max, MGS5 working perfectly just asking anyone has any clue about that?

Also just wondering if freesync will work on 2D games?

Thanks!

2. ohmerx

ohmerx Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Tri-X
    Hi ,

It's look like some unity game (like pillar of eternity) have trouble to run in true fullscreen mode , unfortunatly freesync work only in fullscreen mode.

You can try to use gedosato to force true fullscreen : http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?page_id=582
    Juste use "forceFullscreenMode true" into the gedosato profile game for PoE.

3. solo16

solo16 Active Member

GPU:
    7900XTX OC
    hi ohmerx thx so much it's working now for PoE with gedosato, but sadly for other Unity title like WL2 and SwordCoast Legend it isn't working....

4. solo16

solo16 Active Member

GPU:
    7900XTX OC
    too bad the gedosato doesn't work anymore after i reboot the windows....PoE worked one after i quit and relaunch it doesn't work anymore...

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    FreeSync works only in Fullscreen? I didn't know that.

6. ohmerx

ohmerx Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Tri-X
    Yes for now freesync work only in fullscreen and I think it's the same for Gsync

O sry for you, i have a freesync monitor to ,but no freesync gpu, I can't test if freesync work or not by myself for now.
    But about PoE I have read that forcing opengl can unlock the true fullscreen add this to the launch option: -force-opengl

I hope this unity engine will be fixed for that , or maybe amd will unlock freesync to windowed game , but with windows 8.1 & 10 forced vsync on all windowed app i have some doubts about that.

7. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    If you are on win7/8, try disabling aero so that vsync isnt forced in windowed mode.

If you are on win10, you m ight be sol, as you cant diable the compositor.

8. solo16

solo16 Active Member

GPU:
    7900XTX OC
    hi ohmerx thx again yup the force opengl works but sadly the fps is almost halved very laggy...guess i'll have to revert back to normal....:bang:

9. solo16

solo16 Active Member

GPU:
    7900XTX OC