Windows 10 1511 and Nvidia drivers sfc corrupt system files.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by snight01, Nov 16, 2015.

1. zig11727

zig11727 Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080 Ti
    to correct sfc /scannow and fix errors when detected
    Download windows10 ISO with the MediaCreationTool

Mount the downloaded ISO and take note of the drive letter

Open up a Admin command prompt use the command below

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess
    X=Drive letter of ISO

The above solved my problems.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I originally upgraded to Windows 10 Build 10586.3 via the Insider Preview but after it corrupted the built-in default Store apps I decided to an in-place upgrade using the Windows Media Tool backup I created on a USB memory stick. That fixed the Store apps issue but both versions showed no sign of corruption when I ran sfc /scannow or dism /online thankfully (unlike Build 10240!). I've ran both several times too.

That said I am having issues with the current v358.91 WHQL NVIDIA drivers throwing up intermittent but rare (as in, they're usually days apart) TDR errors but oddly only on the desktop and not necessarily while browsing either, and never while playing actual games (I have been playing a lot of Fallout 4 recently as well). A driver reinstall does not fix the issue and I never had it with Build 10240 so it points to some sort of conflict on my system.

3. Margusx

Margusx Active Member

GPU:
    Msi GTX970 gaming 4g
    No issues at all on corruption i did upgrade to latest build run sfc no issues did clean install also no issues. Tested few nvidia drivers not with them any problems. Corruption so far show up by flanky bios use hardware programmer to update it to get rid messy descriptor issues.
    Since i have flanky mobo its work but 60Hz is weird. I Have to buy new mobo. Corruption can show up also due overclock or bad drivers.

I not had corruption since may this year so its many months passed. not had issues later with 10240 with win 8.1 and with latest version of 10.
    but sfc is always handy toy if something not right.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  4. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    http://imgur.com/a/QKdmE
    Many thanks! That solved my problem!

5. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    I have actually gotten two TDRs in the past week during handshaking between my TV/Receiver when watching live OTA via WinTV with the 358.91 set. Still haven't received any while gaming in quite some time.

For me fixing the SFC Scanning just found some ownership issues with what looked like language packs.

6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Funny but just today I've got this issue on my 10240 machine with AMD's Radeon in it.

7. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    where are the install wim i have only install esd in sources

8. nykun

nykun Member

GPU:
    GTX 760
    I have this issue too.
    And my ISO is contain install.esd not install.wim (I get this iso from media creation tools)

someone saids if your source is install.esd you can use this command.
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:ESD:X:\Sources\Install.esd:1 /LimitAccess

I tried but nothing, the problem still exist.
    then I download the new iso from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench
    and the iso from that link is contain install.wim
    run the command again.
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

This time it solved my problem.

9. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC

Excellent i'll give this a go

10. Ache

Ache Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770
    There is no point to restore opencl.dll since it will be overwritten again on the NVIDIA driver installation and error returns.

11. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    but there's also no point in constantly running the sfc scannow procedure.

12. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    i converted esd to iso with some guy tool and its worked

13. dgrigo

dgrigo Guest

GPU:
    TitanX
    As i said is on your iso, find it and copy on desktop following my instuctions
    oh and make sure you use the same iso as your instalation (localized wise)

14. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    How will you know system files is not corrupt? The point of running the sfc is to atleast ensure there is no errors.

Personally, i'm back on windows 10 10240 updated and i blocked the 1511 update using the wushowhide tool.

I might sit this one out.

15. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    He said 'constantly running'. There's no problem with running it once in awhile. The vast majority of the time those errors don't cause any issues.

16. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    why would my system files be corrupt? are you getting OS related errors?

i've only had 2 clean OS installs since 2009. never had corrupt system files. If you are getting corrupt system files all the time, there's obviously an issue somewhere.

You had the stutter thread recently, then the clean up nvidia drivers thread, and now this about corrupt system files. I mean, at this point, I am starting to wonder, does your system ever run as intended? If yes, stick to that state of things. don't keep messing with it :)

You seem to be having constant issues with your system. system file corruption on a regular basis is a very bad thing and would suggest you are either breaking your OS with tinkering, or there is a hard drive issue causing corruption.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  17. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    I like you. You're funny.

I don't have any hard disk issues because i dont use hard disks. I use ssds. San disk extreme pro. I use hdtunepro to monitor the health and status of my disks which happen to be excellent.

You missed a thread where i did a mini review on the WRT1900ACS labeling its issues of packet drop and how its easily resolved through minor configuring with the network mode from its default settings of mixed. No need to mess with the channels, i've tested it all. Two months later, still works excellent and zero packet drop even under heavy network usage.

The stutter thread was mostly centered around nvidia drivers but i also provided the intel access technology driver which was included in the MEI 1144 release. It can be downloaded separately with a link given. Did you even notice this?

It provided a 45% performance increase under crytek engine games and enabled the system to correctly manage the cpu timer without the use of a timer app. Most enthusiasts wasn't aware of this driver and when i encountered the random gpu drops with crysis 3. i pinpointed it a missing driver.

This was done knowing there is nothing wrong with my hardware or software. There is no errors in my system. Also, ensuring there is no bottlenecks, lack of voltage, bad overclocks, or software or bad drivers conflicting with performance.

The clean up nvidia thread which i stated is a proper way of removing the drivers IF you like the add program profiles manually. Sometimes my games may be at a different location. I noticed this with nvidiainspector testing fallout 4 and other games. It retained the location even after clean installs. Check the thread for the resolution. Its a nvidia driver clean up issue.

There is virtually no problems/errors with my OS or my hardware. Delided CPU perfectly with virtually no damage. Tested. All perfect. GPU and CPU watercooled and with no leaks, vram chips and gpu core checked and no errors, VRM cooled with waterblock. No artifacts.

Thermal paste replaced on both cpu and gpu with Shin Etsu 7921. Windows 10 64bit 10240 updated excluded recent update 1511 until its stable.

My system runs flawlessly except when nvidia releases shoddy drivers :). When there is any errors, its very easy for me to pin point.

and lastly... as i mentioned, the causes of the corruption of the system files is due to the nvidia driver being installed in 1511. I'm not sure why, and if this is a 700 series issue. One reported no issues after the nvidia driver and also one said its about the opengl.

For some, its no big deal seeing the integrity check failed. Unfortunately, for most of us. its unacceptable and it do affect performance.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  18. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    it can also be microsoft if a file is corrupted.

happened before.

anyway best way to see what file is corrupted it looking at the cbs log.

also

people like to run sfc and dism, just because it gives feeling of gratitude in having perfect files.??:3eyes: I think

19. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Yeah it was reported that it was a update that caused a false positive for corruption in the early days of windows 10.

i like the feeling of gratitude of having perfect files tho:)

20. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    So you aren't really having an issue, you just like to constantly tinker? :)

Fair enough, the thread title and your posts suggest you are having corrupt files.

I can understand running a file integrity scan after a virus infection or a system restore, but really on a stable system with no issues, it just seems like a waste of time.

But if you are having no issues, and spend more time gaming than fixing your system,that's great to hear. just didn't get that impression from your posts.