[Official] - Windows 10 TH2 RTM

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Nov 12, 2015.

1. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    It's the update that's the problem. As long as everything goes ok with that it's stable.

2. Bhaal

Bhaal Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I know how to fix the BCD issue, i did eventually (didn't have any installation media ready). Installation continued to 35-38 percent then i got a message that Windows Can not be installed on this hardware and completely broke my installation.

So Microsoft awarded me with the great process of a clean installation, which i'll have to do tonight. :bang:

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    One week on, Build 10586.3 seems to be 100% stable and working without any major issues.

The problems I do have though are:

1. I have experienced a few TDR errors using the v358.91 WHQL drivers but never while gaming, only the desktop and sometimes without even having a browser open! I suspect there is some kind of incompatibility issue with that driver and the new build of Windows though. A reinstall did not eliminate the issue although I have only seen it three times and apart from two post-Windows install, it was days before the next one. Will be keeping my eye on that though.

2. The Microsoft Weather tile annoyingly does still not update despite the fact that live tile is enabled and the app itself works perfectly fine, displaying the weather for my area, when I actually open it! This issue has persisted throughout Build 10240 and now Build 10586.3.

3. I have noticed that File Explorer seems to frequently mess up the icons for various files, e.g. WinZip and TXT files, giving them random icons from other apps and even games! This issue can always be resolved by restarting Explorer or the PC but it is annoying nevertheless as sometimes this issue can occur with 15-30 minutes of booting my PC! I have always had this issue across Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 but it is usually rare and crops up after my PC has been on for a long time, i.e. over 5 hours or so.

Other than that, I really like this build. The All Apps menu finally shows ALL of my programs and games and not just a random selection. It is nearly at the point where I don't need Start10 if it wasn't for the fact that it doesn't show sub-folders, meaning that some show several ReadMe files with no way to differentiate between them!!!

4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i had to install a fresh version of Windows10 because the update kept giving me errors and BSOD

now it's cool and up to date

5. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I'm in the same boat, The ISO or the Media Tool fail. I don't get that same crash report though. In fact it reports nothing useful. I don't want to have to reinstall and reconfigure over 350 GB of stuff. I'm still waiting for WU but I'm not confident that will work either if it ever even shows up. It's a week now and still nothing.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    use to have issue with this too, but since i broke down and just leave windows firewall running now the issue with it not update the tile went away, I still think it the "app" is some what buggy in that reguards, some times I do click start and see the tile is empty but about 3 seconds later is updates. before I could leave the start menu up indefinitely and it would never update the tile till after i went in the app and even then sometime it didnt update the tile.

Other then my boot times being messed up, been 30 seconds for years across win 7 and win 10, till this update now I have 50+ seconds cause it stalls loading on th welcome screen.

Going in GPEDIT.MSC results in the follow error

Code:
    Adminstrative template
    Namespace 'microsoft.policies.sensors.windowslocationprovider' is already defined as a target namespace for another file  in the store.

file
    C:\windows\policydefinitions\Microsoft-windows-geolocation-wlpadm.admx line 5, column 110 

it pops up twice it was not there before th2 and i already ran SFC scan now and DSIM scans

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Thank you. I will try that and report back if it works...or not.

8. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Go to C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions

Delete LocationProviderADM.admx
    Rename Microsoft-Windows-Geolocation-WLPAdm.admx to LocationProviderADM.admx

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    well fixed that and trying to fix the other error i was getting in Eventviewer in reguards to runtimebroker not have peromsison, I broke startmenu hah, I Should stop messing with things.

If i cant fix this I guess i will be doing fresh install of TH2 and I will find out if that fixes the stall on the welcomescreen

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  10. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    I have this same exact issue using every single media method available.

11. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    So far on every insider build since 10240 up until TH2 official, running sfc once will generate an error and repair for opencl.dll. I've noticed no problems before a repair, I've noticed nothing substantial after the repair. But on every install it will come up once. Anyone else noticed this?

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I've seen it since 8.1. Just ignore it.

I did a reinstall to do some troubleshooting and I noticed the explorer navigation tree issue I had did not go away. Apparently it is due to the BIOS being set to AHCI and yet this wasn't a problem in 10240 and older. Really weird. Aren't most of you guys using AHCI mode?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  13. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    :bang::bang::bang:

I seen about 10 post this week on different forums about sfc and dism not fixing a corrupted file.

people tell them to check their cbs log to see what is wrong.

and instead they waste hours doing a clean install.

14. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Okay, bring on Redstone for Insiders already :D.

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The Star (Favourites) icon was already selected so the fix did not work but thanks for trying anyway. :(

I have tried everything short of uninstalling and reinstalling the app, something I do not want to do as it messed up my original Windows 10 Build 10586 update until I did an in-place update from the ISO which fixed all the broken apps.

Another bug I have noticed is that Notifications under Settings shows inconsistent colours on the icons that are different from those shown elsewhere. Admittedly this is a minor issue and can be ignored but I saw it all the same.

Also, I use File Explorer a lot to access my Downloads folder and I am seeing my icons getting messed up (text, ZIP and PDF files showing icons from different apps and games) frequently now and always within 30 minutes of restarting my PC. It can be fixed by reassociating, say, the text files to Notepad and I have even deleting the IconCache.db but the issue comes back the time I turn on my PC or restart it. This issue more than any other is driving me barmy as it did not happen this often with Build 10240 and just makes it confusing identifying files.

16. Margusx

Margusx Active Member

GPU:
    Msi GTX970 gaming 4g
    In my pc runs everything win 8.1 win 10 10240 and latest perfectly stable but what didnt work was windows 7

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    There's a scan with defender option in the context menus. When did they add it?

18. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    In TH2. Delete it if you want by going to run -> regedit. Delete this key.

19. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Now my wireless mouse is invisible on the login screen. Ffs....

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Neah it's cool. I had asked for it in feedback :p

My cursor is visible, I have a logi G602.