First mice based on USB Type-C Receiver Spotted

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Elecom released  wireless mouse, the M-BL26DBC. Coming in a 5-button design, this compact mouse makes use of 2.4GHz radio frequency (works up to 10 meters) and features a BlueLED sensor, a 1200/2400d...

First mice based on USB Type-C Receiver Spotted

2. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    That USB receiver body is everything but small. Such a small USB Type-C connector with so huge receiver body coming out from USB, one more thing that could be easily broken, that's just stupid. All of my wireless USB 2.0 based mouses in past 5 years or so have almost 3x smaller receiver body than this one.

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Oh so theyre actually going to start replacing the usb sockets on desktops and laptops? I thought the connector was just for small devices like phones.

4. abula

abula Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4090 Strix
    I prefer the smaller size dongle like logitechs with the standard bigger usb A connector, at least for wireless mouse, it would be easier to leave on.

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Yes, it's gonna be a new standard and replace the old USB connectors.

6. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    I bought Logi LX8 ~4 years ago for ~35$. Why is this ~60$? It isn't even a brand..

7. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Just because you are not familiar with this brand doesn't mean it's not a brand, that's quite ignorant.

They are not that big outside of Japan, but they are apparently (as of a few years ago) the #1 brand in Japan

As to why it's "expensive", it's USB-C, that alone would warrant them to put a premium on it. However, again, they are big in Japan, and that may not be "expensive" in japan compared to other products like Logitech.

Looking at their products online, most people reviewing their products are comparing them to Logitech and saying how much better they are then Logitech. I'll stil with my G502, but i'm gonna keep an eye on this company.

8. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    it's not ignorant, it's their lack of presence. By "brand" I mean worldwide recognized brand, not your local brand. It would be ignorant if the mice was made by, say, Samsung, and then I said "it's not even a brand".

For comparison, imagine if Sony wasn't big outside of Japan...

Good move. Premium price for something that is not even adopted yet (not even necessary in this case), might confuse customers, comes from somewhere in Japan. Maybe it's radioactive? If it's radioactive then I will order one for sure.

PS. Logitech's quality degrades every year. LX8 is the last mice I ever bought and will ever buy from them. My old MX310 will by far outlive this LX8, it's already better but I just hate the transition back to cable...

I agree with you on this. Japan is overpriced. Especially when compared to United States. They might price this mouse lower for export. :)

Personally, I don't care for USB-C, I have plenty of room and plenty of ports on my Desktop PCs, and my mobile devices have touchscreen so I don't really know who is this port aimed at (tho, it's good to have it). Logitech, as crappy as they are, have their "Unify" USB Dongles for a number of years now. One dongle: 2+ devices....And Dongle itself is the size of a nail.

Anyway, cheers and have a nice day! :)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    It doesn't matter if you recognize a brand name or not, it's still a brand name. Believing otherwise, as you appear to, is pure ignorance. There are actually more companies that operate within the confines of their own countries than there are that operate world wide.

The quality of Logitech products depends on which market segment you're looking at. The Logitech M100/B100 mice are nearly perfect for business use. I've personally thrown away 2, LX8 mice that have failed. I currently use a Logitech G502 at home and G500 at work. I also have a couple M217 mice laying around. I haven't seen where Logitech's product quality has degraded a bit. But....you get what you pay for.... The company I work for uses nothing but rebranded Logitech mice and it's insanely rare for us to have a mouse fail...

10. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    you haven't seen quality degrade because you know nothing, you are young/kid or w/e. You are the ignorant one. Your first Logi mice came when I had my 10th one from them.
    I explained about the brand. If my neighbor who has PC hasn't heard about it - it's irrelevant brand, it's not a known brand, it's therefore not really a "brand" brand. You know what is a great brand of shoes? Nikei. Really. They are a brand, as muchas this mice makers are.

PS. back in the day when I was running my internet cafe (gaming club) I had the cheapest logitech OEM BJ58. They lasted over 3 years while being used 24/7 on counter strike, quake2/3, diablo 2 etc. Give me a logi mice that can endure that today! btw, that BJ-58 was ~3$ each, optical mice btw. Durability and quality are not something that you determine off of the production line and sort in works/faulty boxes, it's about how long product lasts, how many clicks/years, whatever...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I got my first mouse in the late 80's. My manager at work just gave up his 10 year old, rebranded Logitech mouse on Friday. That mouse had 30,000+ hours of use on it. My dad is using a 15 year old Logitech trackball mouse. My G500 is 4 years old. My mom just recently retired her 12-13 year old Logitech mobile mouse because the cat chewed through the cord. My former supervisor is using a 6 year old Logitech mouse, in an industrial environment.

B100 mouse could easily survive in an internet cafe....lol. Of course, if you're buying the cheapest mouse on the market, you should expect it's life span to be relatively short.

There's a reason most of the OEM mice are rebranded Logitech. Hell, even MS contracts Logitech for mice.... There's also a reason why there's different markets for mice. The Logitech M100 is a consumer grade mouse. The Logitech B100 is a business grade mouse. The Logitech G502 is a gaming mouse. The average consumer can easily get 5-10 years out of an M100 mouse whereas a hardcore gamer would be lucky if the switches held up for 3 years. Gaming increases "wear and tear" on switches and cords. That's why there are mice designed specifically for gaming. If you buy the proper mouse, it will hold up just fine. It's not that quality has decreased. It's that reliance on a mouse has increased dramatically over the years.

12. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    I don't get your logic. I was buying the cheapest, and yet at that time new mouse, with new tech inside (optical mouses were a new thing back then) and like I said, it was a gaming club registered as an internet cafe. People played games 7/11.

Your family story is really touching. Did you have framed any of the mice or? :) Just Joking. :) btw. Yes, quality decreased by a lot. I still have one, now 16 year old 3$ BJ-58, still working on my father's PC. G502 (or any mouse that logitech makes today, any, ANY!) would die after 18 years just by not being used at all.

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    And I wondered why MS makes so horrid mouses today. I liked my 1st PC mouse, MS one. Only 2 buttons & ball inside. That thing can last through everything. Probably even through nuclear blast.

Today? New expensive MS wireless mouse... Coloring gets burned by sweat in less than month. It drains battery like crazy. (lasts only few days - blue track?)
    I did series of modification and mouse lasts month now. Not good, but why does it lasts 5~6times more than it did out of the box?
    Body has rubber grip on sides, it started to be loose after year of use. And guess what? It can't be glued together, because I could not find glue which would be capable to dissolve those 2 materials. And I have quite a few glues for very different materials, including polycarb/plexi. Not even acetone could bite into it.
    But rubber on outside is vulcanized by sweat a bit.

It basically exhibits negative properties I never experienced with any other PC peripheral.

14. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    just get steelseries mouse. They are not great functionality wise, but they are durable and madelike logi would have made them 20 years ago (just not with balltracker lol )

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I use Roccat Kone XTD Optical. They broke something in driver/firmware and mouse refuses to blink in different modes, but I am using solid color anyway.
    I have it after original Kone broke wheel.
    Next mouse after this will be again Kone, because I like its shape and that their precision is precise :)

But one day, I'll repurpose that wireless trash and will need something really good.

16. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

That really is a big dongle by today's standards. It might be okay for a home computer with the dongle at the back, however it does realistically preclude the use on a laptop.