Windows 10 pending its first big update

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 12, 2015.

1. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    This is not a bash Windows or Microsoft thread, or an insult thread.

Anyone else that wants to continue that discussion will be given infractions.

2. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    How about you do the same with your windows 10 is junk etc.
    If you want to live in the past that's your choice. But until you can document that win 7 is better than windows 10. You should refrain from starting something you cannot finish. If you want to go with a nix based OS, then by all means just do so.

3. stryfe2010

stryfe2010 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3060 12GB
    Any news on how large the update is?

4. Ali-K

Ali-K Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X
    My bad. I apologize. Did not mean to start a fire. I'm just so unhappy with the way software is evolving that i vent sometimes. I will keep it to myself. Smiley face.

PS: Gurus, chill. Brother here.

5. Ali-K

Ali-K Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X
    I hear you. Strong the force with you is.

6. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    After this update my Startisback doesn't work anymore and i'm sure SDCutTheLine might also not be working 100%.

As for the update itself i'm pretty sure MS has done something on purpose to break anything built to change Win10 to not spy. GOTTA get that INFO isn't that right MS.

7. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I wasn't kidding when I said I would be handing them out.

8. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Best improvement of TH2: the compositor should be finally fixed and finalized :D

9. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I'm not sure if that was aimed at me because i love Windows 10 but i'm also not a fan of spying and forcing everyone to use certain apps and settings if they don't want too.

A lot of people who visit these forums use both these programs. I was just putting a warning out there that this update breaks certain programs installed to alter win10.

10. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Meanwhile at work, someone borked his PC, agrees with a Win 10 install.

Checks device manager*

Wut all drivers installed?

Mmkay. If they can keep this stable this is actually good for the average Joe tbh.

11. xxela

xxela Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 XT Red Devil
    Did anybody noticed strange behavior from cortana after update? Every time I use start menu cortana process in task manager starts to use aprox. 17% from cpu for couple of minutes.
    P.S. I have disabled online search, it only search in windows.

12. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    He doesn't have a clue...;) Anytime I hear someone make silly, inaccurate statements about Microsoft while praising Apple's walled garden of an OS I know the person is either trolling or just ignorant--either one. (Never been wrong, yet...;))

I think 10 is the best thing Microsoft's ever done...it's so good that even Apple supports it inside OS X with Bootcamp! If he knew anything about Windows 10 he'd know that Windows 10 on my SSD and "Windows 10" in a cell phone are utterly and completely separate and different things. What's on the phone is "Windows 10" in name only.

I loved Win7, and Win10 is better, imo.

13. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    I've been enjoying win 10 so far and never really had a problems or compatibility issues at my end
    installed the update and all seems to be working as normal .

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    what has changed and or finalized?

15. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    it should fix some full-screen and Windowed issues, reduce frame latency of the presentation in some specific cases, and - mostly important - unleashed frame-rate should work in windowed mode with DX12 application too.

But I am not aware if updated drivers are needed or not. Hopefully, this will also fix some issues with older games.

You can find some technical details here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3wTajGZOsA

16. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Nothing wrong with your post buddy. :)

17. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Oops another reason to force us to "upgrade".

Microsoft surreptitiously reissues botched patch KB 3097877 for Windows 7&Windows 8.1
    Windows update KB3097877, which was part of security update MS15-115, is the source of a major problem experienced by users on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, with some seeing network login issues and crashes of the ASUS Audio Center happening all of a sudden.

At the same time, a number of Windows 7 users have also revealed that their gadgets are crashing after installing this update, as the sidebar that stays on the desktop no longer seems to run for more than a couple of seconds.

And last but not least, both Windows 7 and 8.1 appear to be impacted by an Outlook issue that makes the email client crash completely when users attempt to open HTML links. Both Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013 are reportedly affected.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/3004441/microsoft-windows/microsoft-surreptitiously-reissues-botched-patch-kb-3097877-for-windows-7.html

http://news.softpedia.com/news/kb3097877-update-causing-issues-on-windows-7-windows-8-1-496053.shtml

18. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    This "junk" perfectly running since the early builds on my rig. I had Zero, nada, zilch problem with it. I am happy to have it on my computer.

19. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    It's almost 3:30 PM here and still nothing from WU. I will not use an ISO so don't suggest that.

I have done a system backup with AOMEI Backupper and called it "Pre-Threshold 2" just in case I encounter serious problems. I'm not expecting to since I never have before with a Windows update or upgrade but it's better to be safe.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  20. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Probably going in waves.