Fallout 4 - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    What if they increase on level Ultra only Tessellation level not Image Quality?To help Maxwell sells.
    From what we see in these pictures is not even a little increase level of quality,only something inside of the game not outside.If you know what I mean.

Ultra is useless in Image Quality,Ultra=Medium Quality.Then is another thing in the game which make performance suffer on some Nvidia or Amd cards.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    lol prices have risen since launch on digital key sites. retail is cheaper atm for me lol

3. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Can't seem to get my card to go over 50 -60 percent usage, even on reduced settings, fighting in the city is just painful, getting drops down to 40fps :(

4. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Have you tried older drivers? I read that one person (from Nvidia's reddit page) rolled back to 354.XX and that the game instantly played way better.

That said, not sure how going back to those drivers would impact other games/gameworks stuff.. But drivers could be the factor with your GPU usage being that low.

5. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I've played some now and the game is neither shoddy or broken.

6. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    This game is CPU bound, all games on this engine have been, overclock your CPU if want to see an improvement.

7. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    u made me laugh out loud a lot man with ur comment, it's like a dispaired comment like someone who lost hope lol.

9. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I mean I get that this is a limitation of the engine.. what I don't get is WHY is this 2015 game still using that engine?

I can't recall playing another game that has the framerate tied to the gamespeed in this way..

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    precisely my thought, and i mentioned before how the graphics dont justify the performance in this game.

11. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Of course now I go down the rabbit hole of reading comments @ metacritic. This is a true gem of what I'm talking about..

"10/10 a really good game. The graphics aren't really the best, but it's still good and mods will of course come out sooner or later for pc."

> is a really good game
    > Graphics aren't the best

10/10. Right.

12. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Graphics don't make a game.

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    in 2015, we are not in windows 95 anymore, there aren't any 3dfx cards anymore, it's 2015, if graphics don t make a game, then let's stay in 2008.let's hide behind our finger, yeah this game is good because it's fallout 4, performance is bad, system requirements are skyhigh,animations like people walking through walls etc...graphics dont justify etc...let's stay in same year.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  14. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I agree with you.. however, to give a game a 10/10 would suggest to me that the game is as close to perfect as you could get. To in the same sentence state "Graphics aren't the best".. well, hello.. 10/10 = THE BEST

15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    So far it's a 7.5/10 from me so far, character creation + voice acting addition was pretty nice, but when I stepped into the wasteland the FPS tanked and looked pretty bad. Then again I don't have the latest driver and SLI is not working. The atmosphere/immersion is there, but yeah, the wow effect is way less than in previous titles. I don't regret getting the game (since other than Witcher 3 and GTA V there is virtually no game for me to play atm), but I sure hoped for more after how Bethesda praised the game for having it completed and tuned for so long bla bla bull****.

16. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    And the biggest part is ....

^ I wonder where all that money goes...

17. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    It is Overclocked, it would just be nice to know why when standing in an empty part of a town with nothing happening, the game is so demanding.

18. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    When I stepped inside the vault with my Ultra graphics I was like holy **** this game looks like from 2008.....

Yep to add to the person above there are really random places where the fps just drops for no reason... talk about engine optimization.

19. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    That's whats so frustrating, i can be stomping around a forest in power armour blowin **** up with a mingun with all the god rays and all that jazz going on, and be running at rock solid 60; then i'll look at a couple of buildings in the town and be in the mid 40's.

It is shoddy, and it's annoying because the game is fun as hell, but releases like this are the norm now and it's a load of bollocks frankly.

20. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.