Any Xbox One owners getting Rise of Tomb Raider?

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Serotonin, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I have NOTHING new to play on my ps4 - been replaying Infamous as a hero since the first time I ran through it as a villain.

I grabbed Halo 5 for my xbox one...and yeeeeaaaah. I was quickly reminded why I haven't touched the series since #2. It will be coming with me to gamestop tomorrow to be turned into store credit.

And that credit will be going toward Rise of Tomb Raider. I was going to hold off until the PC release, but after such solid reviews across the internet and having nothing to play on either console I'm gonna go ahead and grab this now.

Anyone else grabbing it this week on xbox one? This looks like the only game aside from Xenoblade Chronicles X on Wii U that I'll be getting for a console for the rest of the year....and probably until Uncharted 4.

2. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Yes Yes Yes!!!!

I already preordered it but have to wait until Friday to play in Europe.

I can't wait to play it and unlock it 100%. :)

I did this with the definitive edition of the 2013 game both on PC an XONE.

I guess this time will be first on XONE and then on PC :D

Between this and Halo5 multiplayer I'm all set for this year.

You won't regret it! Play the 2013 reboot also(was free for xboxlive).

He*l, the only really good games that are coming out this year and the next year will be nearly all exclusives and for the consoles.

I'm almost sorry because I am a avid PC gamer for 20 years now, but the future of gaming is not on PC anymore for quite some time now.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  3. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
  4. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Oh yeah. I played the original version on PC in 2013, then played the definitive edition on ps4 last year. I'm with you there man :)

And I agree, PC gaming is pretty much dead. It's 3rd party broken ports, but I still love the platform. I will get Star Wars Battlefront on PC to keep her going, but damn to I wish blockbuster AAA PC-exclusives. When developers put every ounce of power their engines had into a game and it blew away any console. Now the differences are negligible - AA and higher resolution separate everything. The huge contrast and difference that used to be between PC/Console is all but gone. Sucks.

As a gamer I'm bummed more because the consoles haven't really hit their stride yet and everything keeps getting delayed. As a PC gamer I'm bummed that most of it's library these days relies on console ports and unfinished steam green light titles.

Thank you Wii U. For still being fun.

5. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
  6. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Ok, finished the digital foundry article. Nothing too surprising. Any time a Xbox One game tries to stick with 1080p it drops in frames.

I think the graphics and gameplay will get me through the performance issues and with Uncharted 4 being delayed until March and not much else coming until then for me to play, I need my fix. I liked the first one they did quite a bit. Still gonna grab this today.

I intend on playing it again when it hits PC.

7. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Couldn't agree more! :)

Don't forget that after we will play Uncharted 4 in march, next month comes Quantum Break from Remedy. :D

8. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I consider Quantum Break vaporware until I see it in stores lol. But that would be sweet if it did come out then!

9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Just put 3 hours into this game.

- Best snow in a video game ever. Funny statement, yes. But completely true. Nice to see snow marks and drifts, etc. And the glow effect.

- The lighting is fantastic.

- Textures, for the most part are very nice.

- If this game looks this good on a 360 as I've read, then I have no idea why they even started a new gen of consoles because this is a beautiful game. Infamous Second Son, The Order 1886 both beat this game visually, but it's a solid #3 imo. More impressed that this was all done @ 1080 on the xbox one which is the weakest next-gen system.

- The story is fairly typical treasure hunter bs.

- It's basically the same gameplay as the first one with a few tweaks. Perfect game to satisfy the wait for Uncharted 4.

If you own a Xbox One, buy this game asap. Even if, like me, you have a decent PC. It's worth playing now if you need something to play.

10. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Picking mine up tomorrow. :)

11. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Man I want to play this today! Can't wait another 2days!

Should I change the contry settings to US or will I get banned?

Btw, Remedy anounced the release date of Quantum Break at Gamescom this year on April 5 2016.Do you think that they will delay the game?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  12. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Remedy has left me skeptical after Alan Wake. It took many delays for that to get pushed out the door. But hey, I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to play it in April!

There's a nice 360/Xbox One comparison of the game at gearnuke. I think it's very obvious, the differences. The texures, the foliage the lighting, the snow, etc all look much better. http://gearnuke.com/rise-tomb-raide...ct-feed-screenshots-comparison-worth-upgrade/

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    wait is it xboxone only?

14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i got my Elite today and downloaded TR 1st thing

what a game , so awesome and got tons of things to do , much better than the 1st game and the graphics are good even on X1

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Couldn't see on ps4. Bought deluxe edition on xbone. Downloading.

16. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    The game will come to PS4 holidays 2016 and on PC march 2016 :)

The game is fantastic! It looks really good and the tombs are amazing.
    47% so far into the game taking my time to unlock everything before I finish the story :D

You will enjoy it Mr. B :banana:

PS: serbicu is my gamertag if you would like to add me :)