Fallout 4 - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I just can't understand why people keep falling for the hype. Its like, okay, its always exciting when a new game is released, especially when people have been waiting for a long time for said game.. but why does it blind so many people from the reality of the matter.. that these games are not ever truly ready for release anymore..

People for weeks leading up are drawn in by social media and forums and everything else, getting all hyped up, and then hey newsflash, its release day, and people find 100 problems, some are pissed, some are defending the game, and then there are people like myself who is just sitting here astonished how anyone could be surprised or couldn't see it coming.

This cycle is just so ridiculous. People have poor experiences upon release, online sites give glowing reviews, you tubs fills with videos showing comparisons between platforms. Aren't you all getting tired of it? I know I am.

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    What's even worse is that sometimes you even get the censored games in Austria too (which doesn't have those silly laws), yet there's only one version in German, which certainly is 'cut'. So even though there's non PEGI laws (laws against ***** symbols etc. still persist), we still get censoration just because it doesn't pay off to make stand along units for a couple of thousand sold games (in Austria).

Nice one there boobies.

Oh, I mistook you to be on the game's defenders side in the two other threads I have to say. I'm surprised now you're saying it was all clear and yet you seemed to disagree when I complained about the game. Totally misinterpreted you there, sorry.

3. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Its all very complicated.

One one hand you have marketing who will just about do anything to prop up their product and make sure that Timmy at the bus-stop is gob-smacked & wetting his pants at the latest Fallout advert and tells mummy plz................I want it I want....

Then there is the PC game-geek-nerd who has the latest and greatest and wants to test the machine to the max and gets majorly peed when sli doesn't work or textures are sub-standard and notes GPU utilization is not at 100% and that settles the score as major fail release.

Then there is the guy on the fence who watches this and is titillated and LoL when he/she pops into the local forums and notices awash with I told you so or.. It ain't working correctly or struth the fps is far$$$ at 30fps...

And finally there is the pc gaming review site who receives a free copy for their staff if the review receives over 90% rating.

Either way or all the way I am mehh who cares play it have fun and move along..In this day and age the reward of waiting for a truly epic pc game has long since passed.
    Even witcher 3, TLDR... and Batman arkham Knight takes precedence as the most crappiest release eva so bad that it was withdrawn goes to show that in the year 2015 pc gaming is awash with patchy dodgy half finished beta releases.

The only good to come this year was a title which was carefully and meticulously planned and tested without rush from the F$$$$ marketing team. AKA GTA V it sets the benchmark for what a proper pc release should be all about in this day and age.

Sadly, though this type of release is the minority and not the majority.

Happy gaming all.

4. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    So what's the score on the doors? Is this decent on the PC or does it chug like a mofo unless you're sporting NASA grade hardware?

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    According to the GeForce.com guide certain tweaks (Like the ever popular uGridsToLoad) will have a hefty impact on framerate but otherwise it looks like only the Nvidia "god ray" setting has any major framerate drops and that's primarily when it's set to ultra quality. (Improves filtering slightly but takes a big chunk out of the framerate compared to the high setting and you probably wouldn't notice the visual difference while playing.)

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's running well on my PC even though I don't meet the ram requirement. All High and I think it was god rays on medium.

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i am at work and u guys gaming. UNFAIR.

8. CJ3D

CJ3D Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    The game is unplayable for me.

I get terrible microstutter and really poor framerate performance on my GTX970.
    The frames freeze up every 1 second, I get killed by little cockroaches because I cant shoot anything.

The mouse is very delayed in the menu's.

Tried the latest nVidia driver 135.89, made no difference.
    Tried iPresentInterval=0 in fallout4prefs.ini
    Tried adaptive VSync in nVidia control panel
    Tried setting the fallout.exe to single core, but stream fails to launch the game.
    Tried changing the graphics settings all to Low and Off, the frame rate is now smooth, but the 1 second microstutter is awful.

I'm at a loss :(

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  9. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Disable V-sync in your driver settings. Or use Adaptive V-sync.

10. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Yup, some of us work :p

11. CJ3D

CJ3D Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    I fixed the microstutter :)

At least in Windowed mode, havent tried fullscreen.

I set the VSync to "Adaptive Half refresh rate" in the nVidia control panel.

12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Why is FO4 intro set in 2077 yet looks like something out of the 50s?

[​IMG]

13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Driver vsync doesn't work in windowed/borderless fullscreen mode. Windows will force triple buffering if vsync is enabled in windowed/borderless mode.

14. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    running great here, 60fps no drops or stutter, i think it looks really nice too

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Because when they started making the game 100 years ago, that's what they imagined 2077 to look like? lol

16. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    For real? The war happens in the 50s and the game is set in the future. Being a nuclear fallout and all, not much has progressed in the word, hence why it looks like time has stopped somewhere in the 50s.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Because Bethesda's game engine is from the 50's

18. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I thought nuclear explosion happened in the 50s and you leave vault in the future. Isnt that the case?

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    No, Its a metaphor, as in Bethesdas graphics engineers left before development began on fo4.

No, the 50s is when they stopped developing games for the pc.
    Gameworks originally started out as a top secret 3rd Reich project.

20. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    its an alternate earth timeline where the war happens 2077.
    The Fallout Universe and our Universe split after world war 2. Our Universe focused on computer technology, while the Fallout Universe went for the application of Nuclear Energy on a Grand Scale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.