GeForce 358.91 WHQL driver download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    Ty bro.

3. Juliuszek

Juliuszek Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060/3GB
    Frequent releases are good but I would love GeForce Experience to install them automatically like Windows updates are being installed.

4. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Do you have any idea how many people this would piss off? Nvidia would get an amazing amount of flak if they set drivers to auto-install when they became available.

5. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    Download buttons mention 358.87 ;)

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Yeah I noticed that, fixed.

7. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    You might, but 99% of the users would lynch Nvidia for that, me included. OT: Can I buy that 2MB 680 from you? Would like something this rare for my collection ;)

8. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Prepare the rope:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/...s-to-be-locked-behind-geforce-experience-app/

9. Inquisitor

Inquisitor Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti SC Hybr
    I agree, the way drivers get updated and installed now seems so backwards and old school. Got to be a better way.

10. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    There is a better way to download new drivers, it's called GFE. Just don't force me to have to use it just for game ready drivers because i won't and that will effect my game buying habits.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    forget about the fact some of wont even use GFE and arnt keen in the idea them waiting to make the driver available in GFE with email registration.

I will never install GFE on my pc.

on topic didnt they just release whql just week ago?

12. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Fallout 4.

Tomorrow.

13. Juliuszek

Juliuszek Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060/3GB
    Yes, you are probably correct. Then perhaps GFE should update drivers automatically by default - but GFE should not be obligatory, so experienced users would be able to download and install new drivers manually.

14. Juliuszek

Juliuszek Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060/3GB
    Well, I think you are partially correct. I think 99% users might be unhappy, but users of this forums only - as people here are experienced and advanced. Majority of GTX users would, in my opinion, benefit from automatic updates.
    There should be an option left for manual drivers downloads and updates, and GFE should not be mandatory - to satisfy experienced users.

P.S.
    Well - my GTX680 is used for Battlefield 4 only, so it is still acceptable with my G-Sync monitor and it is not for sale :) yet :) till I get addicted to some newer PC game :)

15. Juliuszek

Juliuszek Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060/3GB
    Ha ha! Now I get it! 2MB ! :)
    I guess you can have a good laugh now - I deserve it :)
    I will update my GTX memory soon - just need to buy additional 1998 MB :)

16. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Errr no. Savvy gamers do not have Windows updates enabled for starters (everyone knows you turn that **** off) and secondly would not like them to install drivers automatically. You sound like the sort of person who has 53 things in his taskbar and 85 processes running in the background.

No thanks

"Latest Nvidia drivers to be locked behind GeForce Experience app

"Game Ready" drivers will require e-mail registration starting in December."

Nope. Only INITIALLY. People are still under the impression you will only be able to get drivers this way which is incorrect. GFE users will be FIRST to get new drivers, before they are released on the Nvidia website.

Please, stop the scare-tactics misinformation. Thanks :)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  17. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    As of now we have 2314 downloads for x64 W10 drivers vs 1544 downloads for x64 7/8/8.1...

Seems W10 is doing really well atleast from looking the downloads. That's 1 OS version outscoring the 3 other combined. :D

As far about the GFE I know some friends that use it and are quite happy with it. Nothing wrong with it in general.

Would never use it off course. I like my windows clean. Hell, when I bench I have about 22-24 processes at max and that includes the monitoring/benchmarking software. :p

18. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    There is no misinformation nobody said they will
    not be available at some point in the future without registration:

Where is the scare?

That means there will be a time frame from today to 3-4 months depending in how they will define "quarterly", we only know the starting point of this new system is December.

If you own a Nvidia GPU and you don't care to update drivers only each 3 or 4 months because you don't play new released games there is no problem here, but....

...if you want to install the "-1 day" drivers (as Nvidia call them now) you will MUST be registered GFE to get this drivers as soon as they are released.

So, imagine this system was working since one week this will be the scenario:

- Yesterday Fallout 4 driver will only be available IMMEDIATELY for GFE registered users.

- Yesterday Fallout 4 driver will be available in 2 or 3 months in Nvidia website or via windows update.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  19. SHOCKTRUPPEN

SHOCKTRUPPEN Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980 Strix
    nvidia drivers....

:flip2::flip2: Yawnn...scratch..scratch...yawn...... who gives a F:blunt:CK how you get the drivers, you want your $3000 rig to work, you'll get them.