COD: Black Ops 3 PC graphics performance review

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 6, 2015.

1. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Strange how R290X is so slower compared to R390X, does more VRAM would make so much difference?

EDIT.: actually it's mostly maximum fps that makes difference, overall it's as expected.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  2. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I can't even play it on my 270x @1080P...29fps :wanker:

3. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    There's no max and avg on the graphics, its UHD/WQHD/FHD
    and something is off on fullhd, 64 vs 87 fps on the same gpus with
    4gb vram difference.

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Yeah it's a damn shame, this is what you get when ppl cry about graphics.

5. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    390X is clocked quite a bit higher than 290X. There's nothing strange in it being faster.

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    What amazes me is double the performance of the 980Ti over the vanilla TITAN. Quick question for Hilbert if you don't mind, did you also use SMAA T2x when running at 2160p?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  7. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Classified
    It's kind of hard not to notice that the Titan X cards aren't being as "whipped by" the GTX 980 Ti as the reviewers have said.
    2 or 3 FPS isn't being "whipped by" 980 Ti's as these people have said.
    Price wise? I'd buy the 980 Ti, if I could have it to do over again.
    But I could say that about every single video card I've ever bought, if I just lived my life waiting on something better to come along.
    Too bad that COD: Black Ops 3 isn't my kind of game.
    I guess since I have yet to order Fallout 4 I'll just wait for the reviews and the 1st 2 or 3 fixes to be published, since it goes live in 4 days.

8. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    Small typo at the end of the review "Kinf" instead of Kind

As for the game...well it was working fine for me in the first 2-3 hours, no crashes/etc.

Now out of the blue...random crashes. no errors nothing just...bam into desktop.

I've also had a lot of BSOD with various issues.

This game..while graphically not impressive...pushes your hardware to its limit...

Running the CPU 100%...100% of the time while in the game..might not be a good thing.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    another game released, that was not ready to be, Are we gona have more games release like the recent batman for pc?

10. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    I will say at least on my pc, the game was running pretty well at 1440p with textures on high and shadows on medium and everything's else cranked until....the new patch broke crossfire completely. With CFX enabled the game goes from 0-60 fps every few seconds and not just a brief stutter either, it's more like a long pause. This didn't happen until the new patch. Even happens in the menu btw, just completely unplayable (not hyperbole either).

With the new patch installed windowed full screen (which turns off crossfire) works ok though. Such a shame a rushed out patch broke the game in CFX for me though. Really glad I bought the PS4 version as well though :). Also, the ps4 version doesn't look that much worse than the pc version imo.

11. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    [​IMG]

playing at 1080P, everything maxed out, stable 60fps... this error after about 5 mins of the campaign combat simulator.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    just for the hell of it, try reinstalling your video drivers.

@Brogan

Do you have pagefile enabled?

13. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X

Actually I fixed it. So weird how I fixed it.

I fixed it by taking the resolution and moving it from 100% to 120%. Now it puts a load on my cards and runs smooth as butter. HOLY BALLS THE GPU utilization with the framerate unlocked is 100% on all 3 cards btw, simply amazing.

If I got back to 100% resolution t goes back to the same behavior, so weird.

anyway here are my settings I am using now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and here are a couple of screens of the system usage: sitting at like 11gb of system ram being used, 30% CPU, 100% on all 3 GPU's and 4gb of Vram being used:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. BadAssMusician

BadAssMusician Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EGPU
    Heya Guru3D. Maybe you can add some budget card solutions and benchmark games at lower settings (e.g like Medium, High, 720p / 900p) for them rather than maxing out at 1080p, 1440p, 2160p for the benefit who people who want to at least enjoy playable framerates with their current budget cards they have, e.g. the GTX 750, 750 Ti, R7 260, 260X...etc

Just my 2 cents and I understand especially when it comes to games from EA Origins are a pain in a butt to work with the GPU swapping limits can lock the account out. But because some would still face difficulty to even splash out a GTX 950.

15. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Nope, I don't. Think that's it?

16. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Guys cap your fps to your monitors refresh rate but leave VSYCN off.

Makes a lot of difference.

Also using EXTRA texture setting is totally borked and WILL increase RAM usage to unbelievable heights I had 90% memory usage on 16GB RAM and 20GB pagefile!!

Also shadow textures set to EXTRA can cause issues but not that much.

All I changed was Textures to High and RAM and PF usage plummeted to around 7GB RAM and 13GB PF.

Then capping fps to 144 (my monitor is 144Hz) and leaving VSYNC off made a massive difference. FPS is now locked at 144fps I have not seen a single dip yet on any MP map. Singleplayer is around the same but I have seen it dip to 120fps in a few scenes.

17. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
  18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Cant hurt to try, I know lots of people say that as long as you have X amount of ram, then windows should be fine without it. For some games it could cause an issue if they're designed with the page file in mind.

@Monchis
    That's a different error altogether.

19. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    Yes.

20. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Considering how much system memory is being used by the game, yes that's more than likely it :banana:

Nice review HH, can't wait for the Fallout4 review.