AMD Catalystâ„¢ 15.11 Beta Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Anvi, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Seems like the trend in dc throughput is rising, but can't really call that a real improvement as the difference is very small. Performance in general between latest drivers has been going up & down in score (+-1% ST score between each drivers), that I can't really call this progress. Especially MT score between different drivers have been unstable.

2. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Are you guys only running one test or what? Why on earth did you only get 741.460 draw calls in the first test with your CPU and GPU? It's really really really low.

3. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    ACE McFLY :D

4. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Today i've seen tons of negative reviews of black ops 3 regarding poor performance of the game and i'm wondering, wtf?! Just because of it i became curious of performance of the game and installed it. Completed first chapter and most of the time i had over 40fps which is ok to me and that was at 1920x1080 with everything maxed out, just fxaa applied.

5. Lurk

Lurk Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4080 VertoOC
    The developers publicly stated they are working with AMD to try and resolve the issue. This automatically makes AMD partially responsible of the end result, provided there will be one.

I beg to differ. Game is running fantastically smooth on a single 3Gb 7950 and 8Gb ram. Infact I don't even know what all the fuss is about on Steam. Probably people thinking that any PC game should pull 4k regardless. Lower your settings a notch, use the right resolution, stop looking at single rain drops and enjoy the game.
    Glad I waited. Game is rock solid on my not-so-recent system. Great graphics and nice mechanics too.

And the reason would be?

6. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    No, the game simply doesn't support Multi-GPU setups right now. The game was and still is a mess.

Drivers cannot do anything, if a game is coded badly. You must see a driver as a foundation on which devolpers can build a house. If the foundation is stable, but the house was build poorly, it will still collapse, no matter how good the foundation might be.

7. mrthuvi

mrthuvi Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 290 DCII
    Yep. I mean, Nvidia sent a group of engineers to help fix the game and sli is still not working at the moment ffs.

8. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    um the dev and publisher stated that the game is un-fixable so no sli and cf.. so before yelling like a child check some info

9. Spartan

Spartan Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Dude, no SLI support for nVidia users either, while it is an nVidia title. Just play with a single GPU, because that's the way it's meant to be played.

10. AMDFreeSync

AMDFreeSync Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB
    That going to be fix in 15.11 WHQL driver. 15.11 WHQL will have Fallout 4 profile & Shader Cache to fix the stutters in games which Nvidia uses for a while now.

Shader Cache + Freesync = :infinity:

11. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Are you an AMD rep?

Do you mean "next driver" will fix TW3 stutter in single GPU and in crossfire setups?

I mean "Next driver"...

...Like in "Next week"?

LOL

12. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
  13. thesmokingman

thesmokingman Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6950

Still living under a rock it seems. :banana:

14. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    This, combined with the new memory management in the next Windows 10 build (coming 10 november probably) could make a real difference with stuttering open world games. I can't wait! :D

15. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I do hope so, I made this very point earlier this week.

16. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Didn't see any noticeable difference in performance (apart from faster loading times: initial game load; level/ area load) on my GTX760 + i5 3570k. Maybe cause it's a kinda mediocre gpu...

17. morrk

morrk Member

GPU:
    Red Devil 6800XT

DX11 Multi-threaded draw calls per second 1 180 066
    DX11 Single-threaded draw calls per second 1 256 171
    DX12 draw calls per second 18 624 064
    Mantle draw calls per second 17 749 839

DX11 Multi-threaded draw calls per second 1 243 251
    DX11 Single-threaded draw calls per second 1 253 037
    DX12 draw calls per second 20 031 752
    Mantle draw calls per second 17 930 783

18. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    Like previous 15.10 driver, excellent GPU Usage(and FPS) in crossfire 95-99%(battlefield 4 @ ultra settings) both GPU's. Had to lower clocks(1050/1450 to 1025/1425MHz) because freezes, but don't care because performance is a top notch.

Hopefully Fallout 4 performance is same level as battlefield 4, I don't t like the idea to buy HBM v.1 GPU's, I will wait in 2016 and HBM 2.

Radeon 7970 @CF are pretty awesome considering how old these cards are.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  19. AMDFreeSync

AMDFreeSync Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB
    No, i'm not a AMD rep but the next driver from AMD is 15.11 WHQL which is coming soon. it can be Tuesday or the next Tuesday after that who knows but since there two 15.11 driver set.

One is beta which what we have & the other one is WHQL. the beta is for Black Ops 3 & some fix while the WHQL is for Windows TH2 with new driver options like Shader Cache & more with Fallout 4 profile, Black Ops lll Profile with other fix.

20. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    So, it's only a guess what you posted before or a hope you have.

Do you have any source to confirm that the next (real) driver will fix TW3 stutter as you said and not the "next driver"?