Fallout 4 at E3 exciting rumours

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
  2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    yeah all that to run this
    https://imgur.com/a/66DKa(pc ultra)

3. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
  4. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Ive got a feeling we will see HD textures within first week! Unless those are real PC ultra screens, textures do look pretty pretty poor. Either way its looking fine to me and im more interested in story and exploration!

5. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    i feel like i should wait for mods to come out....starting vanilla skyrim and now playing with mods...just game changing.

6. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    I'm more worried about stuttering and performance. Skyrim engine can't even properly use two threads.
    Anybody remember when Skyrim was launched and it was compiled without SSE2 Optimisations, loads of bottlenecking all over the place even on decent systems.

It was "fixed" in the end though . :smack:

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  8. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I seem to recall something about a special 64bit exe for the game which was out later. Too long ago.

I still think Skyrim looks gorgeous even today. Gimme a Skyrim2 with the same gfx and i'll buy it.

9. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
  10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I have pre-ordered a box version of this game from ShopTo.net but only because it was the cheapest version I could find at the time at £30.96. Since then I've seen the digital copy on CDKeys.com for £28.99 but will likely just keep the original pre-order for now unless I see it selling for much cheaper than that (I picked up ANNO 2205 from CDKeys.com for £19.99 for example, a game that is selling on Steam for £49.99!!!).

I am looking forward to playing this as I loved Fallout 3 (New Vegas much less) and played it to completion plus bought all the DLC for it. My only grievance with Fallout 4 so far is that it looks awfully similar to Fallout 3 but just with better graphics. Hopefully there will be plenty of improvements and additions though that I am not aware of.

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Is Fallout 4 still running on the same engine that Skyrim and Fallout 3 used because that Graphics menu looks awfully like the one those games had? :3eyes:

If so then that is really disappointing given the age of the engine. I did not see any options for tessellation in the menu for example, something I would expect to see in every PC game these days even if the consoles lack the graphical grunt to use it.

I also find it annoying when PC games have graphics options outside of the game itself as it makes it more awkward to tweak the settings, requiring you to exit the game, change the settings, load the game again to test them then exit the game, etc, etc, again if you need to tweak further. It's 2015 now not 2005! :bang:

*EDIT*
    Just realised how ironic that last statement was because back in 2005 *all* PC games had in-game graphics options.

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    That's the same crap Bethesda's been doing with system requirements for years. Look at DisHonored, Skyrim and both Wolfentstein titles. All those games can run at max settings at much lower hardware then the recommended system requirements.

They did one live action trailer. A fully in game pre-E3 trailer, a fully in game trailer during E3... and roughly thirty minutes of gameplay footage from E3.

13. LiquidFrost

LiquidFrost Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3080 Master
    It is Creation engine with a new dx11 deferred renderer and the Creation engine is a rewrite of the old Gamebryo they used in Fallout 3/NV.
    Art asset quality counts for more than the actual engine used for graphical fidelity.

My only concern is the FoV in the leaked footage, I pray the old 'fov' command still works.

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    They most likely will.
    Yeah, the year of release has nothing to do with it. Since Quake and before games have let you adjust video options in game.

This launcher options menu setup is just a part of Gamebryo that got carried over when they rewrote the engine to Creation.
    Honestly, I don't mind. The engine isn't resource heavy at all, so it's "crank up the settings... play". :)

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    if the prepurchase THING doesn't worth i would love to buy this later..what say u? what steam offers anyway?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Steam offers? Probably wait for christmas and get 15% discounts easily :D

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    prepurchase items? none? or worthless. yeah a winter sale will be better.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Additional screenshots.
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=184146986&postcount=1728

EDIT: Source.
    https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/the-graphics-technology-of-fallout-4/2015/11/04/45

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It's a secret. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.