Rtss 6.4.0

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Resizing with letterboxing is not supporting, downsampling 16:10 frame to 16:9 will change the aspect ratio. Use closest mode with the same aspect ratio to preserve it.

2. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    @Unwinder

Is it possible to get a stable OSD Output on DWM itself or is it impossible as DWM only redraws on a change ?

And maybe a Mode that takes sreenshots Directly over DWM ?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  3. Unwinder

You cannot render OSD as is in DWM without seeing visual artifacts because of partial frame buffer updates used in DWM. The only proper way to render OSD on top of it is to fill entire OSD area with a solid background color.
    Grabbing screenshots directly via DWM has zero sense. There is dedicated and very effective desktop duplication interface built-in Win 8.1 and newer.

4. MaXMaini

MaXMaini Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X
    Just installed RTSS 6.4.0: now in MSI AB (4.1.1) I do see the AMD VCE external encoder and the benchmark works fine. But when I try to capture a video (GP Bikes, openGL game) I get an mkv file with audio only (video is fully black).

Intel QuickSync works fine though.

Am I doing something wrong ?

MaX.

5. Unwinder

Try to enable "Use dedicated encoder server" option in videocapture tab.

6. MaXMaini

MaXMaini Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X
    It is already enabled, I'm 99.9% sure (but I'll triple check this evening).

7. Unwinder

Did you try VCEAMF plugin in any other applications? Or on desktop for example? And did you install VS2013 redistributables as suggested in the release notes?

8. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Would you think about a DWM compatible version like it is used in Fraps :) ?

it also updates without visible artifacts over a lower layered application so it seems to draw a solid color and makes it transparent for it's FPS counter region ?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  9. Unwinder

Read my previous posting one more time please. And honestly, I'd really prefer to focus on new functionality related issues rather than general chat about everything.

10. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    [​IMG]

yeah but it works should work the same way out for the RTTS OSD when updating just when DWM updates (redraws).

I see this as a feature request

Interoperability mode with DWM :)

11. Unwinder

Once again, as I said above solid black rectangle under OSD in your FRAPS screenshot is a MUST for DWM, because DWM doesn't repaint whole frame buffer on each frame presentation, so attempt to draw text without ERASING background (i.e. without filling entire OSD area with solid color) WILL cause visual artifacts (new OSD frames will overlap on top of old ones). Let's stop that please.

12. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    yes this would be fine if there are no artfacts just put the RTSS OSD on a solid background when enabled for direct DWM hooking :)

13. MaXMaini

MaXMaini Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X
    OK, so dedicated encoder server was already ON and MSVC 2013 redist was already installed.

Desktop capture works fine via VCE.

But in game it doesn't work: when I start recording now I get the spinning thingy in the AB overlay (as if it was really recording) and an FPS drop (so yeah, it's doing something), but then I have no output file. And if I try to stop the recording, the spinning thingy doesn't go away.

Hmm ...

14. MaXMaini

MaXMaini Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X
    OK some very interesting info (at least, I hope):

Test #1:
    Restart MSI AB, go in-game, record (with VCE or iQSV) ==> works fine !!

Test #2:
    Restart MSI AB, record from desktop (with VCE or iQSV) ==> works fine.
    Now go in-game, record ==> doesn't work.
    Quit, restart AB, go in-game, record ==> works.

Other remarks: when in-game recording does not work there's a huge fps drop (which is not there when in-game recording works). Also, the spinning thingy (that indicates it's recording) does not stop when I press the hotkey.

It seems some sort of problem when switching from "desktop recording" to "in-game recording".

Hope that helps !!

MaX.

15. Unwinder

Do a search for fake 3D processes management and using <i> button to add such processes to exceptions list. You're discovering previously documented things.

16. MaXMaini

MaXMaini Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X
    Hmm doesn't look like that.

When I record from desktop it says "Active 3D process : not detected" and all works fine.
    After that, if I go in-game and try to record (and it doesn't work), it says "Active 3D process : core.exe" (core.exe is the executable of my game).

17. Unwinder

Seems like I can reproduce it. When "Use dedicated encoder server" option is enabled desktop recording session seem to block subsequent attempts to start in-game video recording sessions until you restart RTSS.

18. maffle

maffle Member

GPU:
    gtx970
    I dont know if this is connected to RTSS 6.4.0, but since I updated, MSI afterburner remote doesnt work anymore, it just says "retrieving data from MSI Afterburner host...".

I also have the issue with OBS, that it always gives an hook error, saying I have to put it on ignore list, which I did, and set on screen display to off for obs.exe, but it still shows the hook error. Even if I set Global to osd off, it shows the hook error.

19. Unwinder

Remote server application has zero relation to RTSS. And attempts to add OBS.exe to profiles list have no sense at all. OBS.exe is an application that INSTALLS hooks, if you want to disable RTSS for some application you have to add profile for HOOKED application.

20. MaXMaini

MaXMaini Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X
    Great ! Well, not but ... OK I'll leave you to it :)

Thanks for the support. AB rocks !