Rtss 6.4.0

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Dear forum visitors,

I'm glad to inform you that we finished closed beta testing of RTSS 6.4.0. New version will be available for download soon. Changes list includes:

- Fixed On-Screen Display rendering in Direct3D9Ex applications compiled with Windows 10 compatibility flags (e.g. recent update of
    World of Tanks)
    - Fixed On-Screen Display rendering in 64-bit Direct3D9 applications using additional swapchains (e.g. DOTA 2 Reborn)
    - Fixed crashing in Direct3D10 and Direct3D11 applications when FCAT indicator is enabled in conjunction with vector 2D On-Screen
    Display rendering mode
    - Improved thread safety of delayed injection implementation
    - Added On-Screen Display profiles for Batman : Arkham Knight and Daylight to provide correct On-Screen Display rendering on
    NVIDIA graphics cards when advanced NVIDIA GameWorks visual effects are enabled
    - Added On-Screen Display profile for 64-bit version of StarCraft II
    - Improved NVIDIA NVENC H.264 encoder plugin:
    o Increased upper adjustable bitrate limit to 130 Mbps for NVIDIA Maxwell graphics processors family
    o Added new option allowing you to disable low-latency encoding if necessary. Low-latency encoding mode is aimed for
    streaming and it configures NVENC hardware/software infrastructure to compress frames as fast as it is possible. So the
    driver may re-balance GPU load in graphics intensive applications in order to achieve as low compression latency as it is
    possible. You may disable low-latency encoding to prevent the driver from balancing GPU load and allow it to sacrifice
    compression latency under high GPU load
    - Added AMD AMF VCE H.264 encoder plugin:
    o Considering that AMD officially dropped OpenEncode hardware acceleration API support since Catalyst 15.7, new plugin
    uses alternate AMD AMF hardware acceleration API. New plugin it is aimed to replace the previous AMD VCE H.264
    plugin, based on deprecated AMD OpenEncode API. However, the previous OpenEncode API based plugin is still included
    in distributive and can be use for performance testing or solving compatibility issues on pre-Catalyst 15.7 drivers. Please
    take a note that AMD AMF libraries require installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 runtime libraries, those libraries are not
    included in distributive and must be downloaded and installed separately
    - Source code of all hardware accelerated H.264 encoder plugins is now included in RivaTuner Statictics Server SDK. Now you may
    create your own hardware accelerated plugins or modify existing plugins if you wish to create a custom build with deeper
    customization of hardware encoder
    - Improved encoder plugin loader
    - Updated profiles list

2. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    <3<3

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Thanks Unwinder :)

4. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    Thanks!

5. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    amazing update, thanks unwinder

6. iispyderii

iispyderii Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Tri-X (@1125/1450)
    Thanks for the update!

Is there anything I need to do to enabled the AMF encoder? It doesn't seem to be in the pull down list for all of my video formats? I already have all the needed redistributables from my VS2015 installation.

7. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    In "Video Format" you have to choose "plugin"
    then click on the button with the three dots "..." and select AMD VCE on the first dropdown.

8. Unwinder

VC++ redistributables are not backward compatible. VS2015 doesn't come with VS2013 redists and they must be installed separately.

9. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Regarding FlashplayerPlugin profile in RTSS.

The current .exe I think is out dated, FlashplayerPlugin_12_0_0_43.exe. My current Plugin is different so I added it. I assume this would/could be dynamic with each Flash update and can be a pain keeping it current. Might there be a way to make the Plugin profile more generic so it stays permanent?

10. Unwinder

I'm afraid there is no easy solution, Marc.

11. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    OK, I was thinking wildcards possibly. Thanks.

12. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    Better yet, regular expressions? :-D

13. iispyderii

iispyderii Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Tri-X (@1125/1450)
    Ahha, I see it now! I thought that was just another one that said "External Plugin: Intel Quicksync". Thank you much.

Unwinder, what I meant is that I have Visual Studio 2015. It believe puts all versions of the redistributable upon installation. At least that's what I have.

14. Mere

Mere Guest

GPU:
    amd fury 3840 1100/500
    Good day.

I'm having issues recording at my native 1920x1200 resolution using VCE plugin.

It simply doesn't work.

This is what I get if I run benchmark:
    i.imgur.com/E9ElO8h.jpg

I tried choosing different presets but it didn't help.If I change "frame size" to anything other than "full frame" then it works.

OBS multiplatform (via VCE) can record at 1920x1200.

Am I missing something here?

Win 8.1 64, 15.10 beta drivers.

Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  15. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Awesome :)

16. Unwinder

1080p resolution is a hardware limit of most of currently available VCE capable AMD graphics cards (RADEON HD7x00 series and RADEON R9 2x0 series). You physically cannot encode video at higher resolutions for such systems and must downscale it to 1080p in MSI AB settings with such hardware.
    VCE 3.0 cards (Tonga and Fiji) allow unlocking >1080p encoding in MSI AB, however I'd not recommend it. 1080p is still recommended as a target encoding resoulion and everything above is slow. If you still wish to unlock the ability to encode in >1080p for VCE 3.0 cards - edit VCEAMFPresetX.cfg files (where X=0 is a speed preset, X=1 is a balanced preset and X=2 is a quality preset config) and change ProfileLevel field there from 42 to 51.

17. Mere

Mere Guest

GPU:
    amd fury 3840 1100/500
    I had no idea amd cards were that bad encoding wise. ;(

What settings should I change so that the output video file would be recorded at 1920x1080 with a proper aspect ratio (no stretching or stuff like that?). I might be mistaken but if I just change frame size to 16:9 1080p then the output video doesn't seem to look right

Thanx in advance

PS This is what I get when benchmarking 1080/1200

Speed preset, 30Mbit
    1920x1200
    500 frames have been encoded in 3078 ms, 162.4 frames per second

1920x1080
    500 frames have been encoded in 2938 ms, 170.2 frames per second

18. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Btw Unwinder what is the reason for this

It doesn't happen with the DLCs and PhysX GPU mode only with the Main Game and only after Loading the OSD vanishes :D

Also Nvidias OSD seems to be rendered on top of everything else (Afterburner Capture Function currently misses it)

[​IMG]

19. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Thanks Unwinder, especially for integrating those encoding features for both (three) parties :)

20. Unwinder

CUDA / DirectX interoperability used helper Direct3D10 object for some graphics effects in this app, which prevented OSD rendering. The profile disables OSD rendering via Direct3D10 for that applicaiton.