Goodbye Catalyst Control Center :D

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shankly1985, Nov 2, 2015.

1. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    CCC is really modular. Which is great in a way. A lot can be added and removed depending on which platform AMD is targeting for release.

In the background however CCC produces a lot of errors because of this modularity. The program needed a rewrite quite badly.

I somehow doubt that they have completely redone the backend of CCC. It is a massive undertaking.

2. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    Oh great a dumbed down interface just what we needed NOOOOOO!!!!!!

hows about giving us a proper fan speed profiler like what's in Sapphires trix or MSI's afterburner app now that would be more handy and also the ability to adjust 2D/3D clocks how we want them without having to resort to 3rd party apps or profile editing in wordpad

3. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Yes on SSD it takes few seconds, on HDD ~30sec.

4. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    That is outstanding... Sounds great, and sounds like it could actually decrease stutter. Especially for games like GTA & Witcher.

I am very much interested in this explanation. If it is true, can we allocate how much space to use? and the directory for where they can be stored? manually I mean... It doesn't look like it from there, but I'm excited.

I only have one SSD that's 128GB. So the majority of my games/programs are installed on a 2TB HDD. And I have a 4TB HDD for media + backup.

I know for example the Witcher, the first time you load it, it takes a while, but if you exit the game and go back on it after a few minutes, your saved game loads significantly faster (as if it has all the data it needs stored in the RAM and the SSD). So I assume this is already used in the background, we just didn't have control over it with the older drivers.

5. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i think you people have busted .net installs.

it takes less than a second to open on my SSD and took less than 2 on my old veloci-raptor.

6. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    happens in less than a second on mine as well

7. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    They probably mean initial load without any sign of it in the background. After it's loaded and in the tray the time for it to appear is less than a second but if you have no trace of it at startup it will take longer.

8. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    only took 7 seconds to open from fresh boot on my machine no SSD's here just 2 500GB HDD's in RAID0

9. Nurmi

Nurmi Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Tri-X
    This haven't been the case with Win10, but over the years I've noted beta drivers repeating this cycle that first they are really snappy to launch up, then comes random Windows update and it's hanging again.

Maybe I'm wrong and them drivers have expiration dates, but that's my two cents. :D

10. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Exactly my thoughts... I don't remember CCC ever in its life taking more than a second or two (maybe 3) to load (even before the SSD days). Certainly nothing noticeable like 20+ seconds.... that's just not normal.

11. needlesnout

needlesnout Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 77xx
    Those are links to things that AMD were already doing. It's advertising where they don't have to pay to get impressions, and the customer interaction part is the same old Q&A companies have always had to spend time on, previously in the form of email or snail mail.

12. BooMario

BooMario Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 m200x Series/8850m
    Even with SSD the switchable graphics list takes a while to load here (10~15 seconds) so i don't think it's so fast or optimized. While talking about it too, there will be significant changes to the laptops with Switchable graphics? Improvement is always welcome.

13. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    On your laptop maybe,but even on Hdd the CCC load faster in less than 5sec.
    If they drop .net req will be great.

14. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    More important, when can we get our hands on these drivers?

15. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    That's all we really want to know right?

16. Clocknut

Clocknut Guest

GPU:
    Palit 750Ti StormX Dual
    I hope they just drop HD5000, 6000 support and focus this new driver on GCN only GPUs.
    if they wish to retain support for HD5000, 6000, they should stick it on old CCC & keep updating it for new game until those GPU old enough like HD4000.

CCC = HD5000, HD6000
    Radeon Software = GCN only.

17. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000

What are you?

Some kind of subversive AMD PR agent trying to prepare people for change?

18. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Why in the world would you want that?

I doubt supporting those is holding anything at all back.

19. Tree Dude

Tree Dude Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 270X 2GB
    Talk to someone who owns a 5000 or 6000 series card. They will tell you support for them ended long ago. The newer drivers cause more issues for these cards than they fix. All new optimizations are for GCN only and have been for years. They absolutely should cut them loose.

20. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    More like .. some problems were never fixed and never will be.