Tom Clancy Rainbow Six: Siege Has Gone Gold

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Ubisoft announced that Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege has gone gold and will launch on December 1st for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. The final gameplay trailer in the Inside Rainbow series is ...

Tom Clancy Rainbow Six: Siege Has Gone Gold

2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I have very few UBI games. With R6: Siege I saw many very good, and some very disappointing things. Last week Tuesday 27th I decided to file cancel of Pre-Order of this game.
    Automated system accepted ticket, and mail confirmation came with note: "You should expect a response from us within the next 48 hours."

3 days later I got no reply, so I checked ticket, which was there, likely untouched, with no update or anything.
    So I did update it, politely, but clearly stating how unhappy I am even with way they ignore customers.

Today, it's Monday, nearly week it sits there, ... And no update whatsoever. UBI successfully turned me from customer unhappy with game, to customer unhappy with company.

So while I turned from: "This game has good mechanics in comparison to what others have, and will be a lot of fun."
    To: "Net code is pretty bad, I should better wait for release to see if it improves."
    And UBI then managed to move me into: "Should I even support publisher like this?"

Well played UBI. And btw, I did read that UBI misused steam refund policy which gives users trouble getting refund if they spend in game more than 2 hours. They did it by letting people play pre-ordered game's demo/alpha/beta on same app-ID as would final product be, instead of separate app-ID. That way, you would test beta for 2 hours, and steam itself would make it hard for you to get refund.
    (I am sure, they do such thing on purpose.)

So while we have that continuing fiasco with Batman, I can say that way WB offering refunds is best PR they can do.

3. go4brendon

go4brendon Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Seahawk X
    This game does not warrant the pricetag for what it is. They should have sold it for 20 bucks then added ingame purchases of shiny things. Will wait until it's on offer although I suspect by then there will be very few people playing it.

4. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    Getting this game free with my 2nd 980ti it looked better than AC syndicate
    in NVidia bullets and blades promo

I am hoping it is better than the last free game that I got from NVidia Batman?

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    With your setup, you can easily run it flawlessly on 4k. Mechanics and ideas behind are good too. What let me down was network code. I never experienced ping under 60ms, mostly over 100ms. Sometimes between 1-2s.
    And that's in match for 5 ppl vs bots. 5v5 player matches...

And then AI of bots, while I had no problem to win on Realistic/Lone Wolf, they simply needed to see your shadow below doors which are inside of building where any other terrorist could stand, and they will start shooting at you.
    If they hear noise through wall, they may start shooting too. And so on. They are simply cheating which takes element of fun away quite a lot.

(Something like AI in CC- Generals, while game was fun, AI there always knew where you are and what development/units you have and where.)

6. BD2015

BD2015 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1080 Ti x2
    Remember this?
    guru3d.com/news-story/watch-dogs-has-gone-gold.html

That's how relevant Ubisoft gold is.

7. Reardan

Reardan Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    The matchmaking issues, which I'm certain will be fixed on release, aside...this game was pretty exceptional in my book. It was a lot of fun, and a good compromise between a COD style game and CS. It certainly won't have the same individual skill ceiling as CS, but with great maps, it could be highly competitive for teams. The maps will be what makes or breaks it. Two of the three that were in the beta were great though, so I'm not too concerned on that point.

8. Sprig

Sprig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX560
    Why would anyone buy a Ubi game for PC? They are worse than EA.

9. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Because the game is fun?

10. Sprig

Sprig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX560
    You would hope so, unfortunately I have often found that not to be the case. And when it is, the effort to deal with the half finished/ buggy / DRM mess often outweighs any 'fun' factor.

Too many bad experiences for me. I cringe when other people buying their products as it lets Ubisoft get away with faulty products. Which should not be tolerated ever.

It's better than flying.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015

11. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Because this one is actually fun and ran fantastically even in alpha state last year.

I was pulling 60fps on a single 6704gb @ 2560x1080 with max settings in the beta and it looked good for what the game is.

Its not the typical pile of turds that Ubi's games have been lately.