Goodbye Catalyst Control Center :D

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shankly1985, Nov 2, 2015.

1. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    in the world of gifs when no one is looking i wonder if they get tired and no longer move but walk out for a bit

2. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Bookmarked!

There is a simple solution for Volkswagen owners who bought cars with cheat software:

Fixing the cheat software is not a valid solution, buy a different brand car without cheating software and call it a day!

:D

3. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    lold

4. d0X

d0X Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2070S Ventus
    Please use some punctuation in your posts because they are hard to read without it. Thanks!

5. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    learn to read better and add em in i won't take the time for anyone

6. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Looking at the screenshots, and reading the interview with Terry Makedon, I don't think this "Crimson" version of the Radeon Software is going to have ANY of the features of Raptr in it. He kind of hinted that future versions might, and He would like to head in that direction though.

7. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    the recording feature of raptr would be good but the rest needs scrapping

8. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    [​IMG]

9. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    The irony in their post is strong.

10. V1tol

V1tol Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    The main thing I know is that new app is written on QT. That means it is NOT a new skin for CCC, because current CCC is written in .Net. I do very like that this current bloatware will be replaced by really native app. Don't really care about design, because I will launch it once a driver update.

11. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/ri...o-to-amd-radeon-software-crimson-edition.html

[​IMG]

It seems there is a trend to add more bloatware or force ppl to use bloatware in GPU drivers lately.

Nvidia seems to start this move "forcing" his customers to use Geforce Experience to have the latest drivers starting on December:

NVIDIA Prepares a Controversial Change to its Driver Update Distribution

http://www.techpowerup.com/216771/nvidia-prepares-a-controversial-change-to-its-driver-update-distribution.html

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  12. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    I'd rather they just left it all out to be honest. I'd rather they take the time to implement important features or add more granularity to existing stuff. Hiring John away from Raptr to implement the old radeonpro stuff into this new software, now that would be my dream scenario. If they must work on video, I would rather they just work with the OBS team making sure the AMD hardware is utilized fully into that, instead of having anything at all to do with Raptr...

That is my opinion though, I am not a big fan of Raptr's video recording/streaming. By it's very nature it is oversimplified to the point it is almost useless for its main function. For example, as soon as it's intended audience gets up to speed with recording videos and/or streaming they certainly would want to move on to something that allows them more features/quality.

AMF already exists, and third parties can make the video recording/streaming programs way better than anything raptr does or AMD would implement into this new software.

That is my opinion on where they should head btw, not to say you are wrong.

13. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X

Go look at all the slides again, I thought the same thing as you until I looked at the slides. The only social media integration (I can see) is links to follow AMD on various social media sites. Nothing more, and it is relatively benign. I don't think a simple link is gonna cause much bloat at all.

14. d0X

d0X Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2070S Ventus
    Meh, ignore ftw. First time using it on this forum though...

Ontopic: I really don't understand why the hell do we need to see so much bloatware nowadays. I sometimes miss the old CCC/Detonators. And Raptr really is unneeded crap. I can't even link the Steam account anymore.

15. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Maybe you are right (i hope).

How much resources will be spend in this new social feature?

Somebody must community manage these services.

These resources could be better spend adding the basic features drivers need.

It's only my opinion of course cause i don't believe in "easy fixes" and prefer to have drivers with real features instead of buying new monitors or GPUs to solve software lacks.

:)

17. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    You don't have to install raptr though. I know I usually don't. This new package doesn't really seem like bloatware, but actually just seems to be allowing you an "easier" (for some) way to use all the same functions you have in CCC. It doesn't look like it is adding any bloat to me. That doesn't mean they won't eventually add bloatware, but it looks like it isn't there currently.

Go look through the slides, if you haven't, I think your concerns will be alleviated. If you notice anything I didn't, please don't tell me, and let me live on ignorance thinking they wont screw this up :)

18. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    My biggest issue with CCC has always been how slow it opens. If this new thing opens faster that will be great.

19. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I don't think there is any conspiracy in this.

I guess it's simply another way to force us to share our preferences with a vendor to give them the option to sell the data to a 3rd party interested in selling us stuff based in our interests.

Google and Chrome (sing-in) do it everyday and nobody seems to care.

20. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    @Dch48

+1

One thing in new one will maybe time to adjust to horizontal menu, but it could be better than old one anyway.