Goodbye Catalyst Control Center :D

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shankly1985, Nov 2, 2015.

1. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
  2. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    It looks horrible to me. My dream is tool that follow Windows GDI without a trashy garish
    design. I hope it will not be a bloat for the OS.
    And social links...:puke2: shouldn't they fix CPU overhead or something like this instead of wasting money in a skin for CCC?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  3. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    You know what, even though I don't like the way it looks (first impression from those pictures, not from using it). This is definitely a step in the right direction if they focus on adding features (as requested already in PrMinisterGR's thread) and improve API Overhead issues as indicated in his other thread. I hope this brings life back to AMD's GPU Section. Looking forward to the year ahead, too early right now to tell whether or not this is a step in the right direction. Because I wouldn't be completely shocked if they say "this only supports R300 Series+" and all of a sudden make everyone rage against them rather than get back the people they lost at least.

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    And who is saying they haven't?

Maybe this contains more than just a new skin :p

5. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I hope they do something for more than looks. The options look identical, and only OpenGL Triple Buffering. For the beginning at least, it looks like just a reskin. The frame limiter looks like it's having more range, we'll see. It's nice to see them invest in it at least.

6. NAZ2222

NAZ2222 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC 6800XT 16G
    Was the first thing I looked for, D3D Triple buffering... Quite frankly, the 2006 version was the simplest, and more effective. It even had a effect visualizer so the more IT not savy could understand what they were changing.

Lets hope it's than meets the eye :)

7. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    OpenGL Triple Buffering is there under the gaming tab and 3D Application Settings already. The only new thing I saw from the images was controlling GPU based on temperature (which could come in handy).

It does say these images are subject to change, and it's still in the early stages. I don't expect these to roll out with the next driver update (if it's beta). But I do expect the next WHQL driver will have this look and renaming done.

8. Berdugoo

Berdugoo Guest

GPU:
    INTEL 4000 w/ AMD 8750M
    OMG cant wait thats why i love AMD with their new inovation :banana::banana::banana:

9. Australis

Australis Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8G
    I remain skeptical.

"Radeon Software"...? That's a silly name. That's a mouthful but less cool than "Catalyst Control Centre" If AMD thinks the bad taste of CCC can be forsaken using tricks like a rename scheme (as if rebranding the Hawaii R9 290X as the Grenada R9 390X), they are too funny.

I will only change my pessimism of AMD software unless they officially add in adaptive V-sync. (No I ain't going to use the stranded RadeonPro 2013)

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I wish both companies just used Windows' styling instead of ugly themes.

11. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC
    u know pr department stuff: we are unable to improve something, no problem we change the look of the things that we already have to make people believe that we are actually doing something

pr department mentality is: if we can sell s**t why not do it, they show no care about the customers, they only care about money simple as that...

when you put the dx11 sticker on your product but no where you write that you don't support optional specifications you lie, simple as that. ofc pr department will say that the optional specifications are not used, don't improve things and other similar aberrations

i like the "graphics industry leader", funny in pc area their market share is half compared to nvidia market share... and that software is used in pc... probably 2nd place when there are 3 competitors makes them the leader...

won't be a surprise if now someone that work from amd will wake up and say that it's not like this, because saying it's not like this is easier than answering questions, but ofc pr department also go hide when it doesn't have an answer and only answer to what it wants.

i think that the only investition made by amd is in pr department, such decision is only good for a company that want to milk as much as posible and get out of the business.

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Yeah ! I told You ;-)

But most important in New CAT is Driver/Overhead Optimisations and FPS/Quality gains !

Radeon always got Great Quality Image !

EG.

Radeon has HDRI/HDR engine is by Native 128bit -> nV has 24bit (no more need cuz' LCD don't support more, and hudge FPS gains ;-)

Rendered in D3D11 is true 32bit -> nV has 24 bit (see up, and yes in 2xx/4xx/6xx was 32bit)

Texture Quality is Highest as Default and you can crank it up to HQ Aniso (with Our Tweaks)

Better Optimised AA the Radeon Morphological AA is Best (i use it in MadMax)
    Also we have HQ AA (with Our Tweaks)

and so on -> so don't worry about Benchmarks, Quality is all that matters (thats why my next GPU is Fury-X, not even Pascal ;-) and so on :D
    I LOVE Quality and i can see the Colour Gammut on my DTP CRT :toke:

Of course is IMO only, based on my experience (Radeon/nV) with Tweaking + I like Quality

13. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    i dunno mixed feelings here, but it looks like bloatware to me from the images.
    and looks a lot more complicated to use and more clicks to get to the same settings in previous catylists ect ect........

dam i really dont care to be honest what it looks like im more intrested in VSR manual intergration, let us choose what resolution to force and hope it works instead of this force feeding us resolutions that we know our monitors already support.... but instead we get lower resolutions and cant change it to higher.

14. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I like everything about it. The look, the name, everything.

15. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I really like that it seems like it's intent on offering things that Raptr does, which hopefully means Raptr will now be pointless (as Raptr is a hulking piece of ****.)

16. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    I for one think that is amazing compared to the old ccc

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I like the style. Even if it looks like something from 2002. :D

18. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    I remember the red ATi car and the D3D rendering methods (wireframe, ascii etc) then the fountain but then they removed the render of the fountain and changed it to static images and then eventually removed the preview altogether.

19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Yes, that optimizer is good thing. While I do not plan on using it, it may put raptr away.
    And Maybe AMD can pull John Mautari away form raptr to driver team.

20. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    That would be the ideal scenario, double his wages and tell him to build RadeonPro (or its functionality) into the new driver suite, as well as work on new features.

:banana::banana::banana:

Hell, give the man his own team of a few programmers and let them get creative and crazy. He deserves it, and we all deserve it.